It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2.5 mil. dead in US, who needs terrorists.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
I highly recommend watching Food Inc, unless you'd rather not know what's in your food. Available on all the torrent sites.

Here is another good one, and you don't have to download anything, just watch...

www.hulu.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Flagged this baby

Haven't gotten a chance to read all the articles or the thread yet, but I already know a little about these genetically modified foods.....

I've always wondered though, is there anyway to tell whether something you're buying contains modified products?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
wow u did a lot of research compiling this
S&F for ur efforts

lots of info Im still digesting
will be back

Excellent thread DoctorG! Thank you for all of your work! S+F!

Too funny boondock-saint! Still "digesting" LOL!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Why do you think they make Round-up resistant corn? So they can spray it all over it before you eat it,that's why!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
this is a very sad little thread. it is my hope that those readers whom are undecided on this issue will not count the number of flags on this thread as an indication of credibility.

i acknowledge that our food supply has many problems, and that ordinary citizens have every right to question the sciences that effect the foods on their tables.

i also acknowledge that the whole idea of biotech is a bit spooky.....dealing with the raw molecular nature of LIFE and all.

....but i have a single question which all of you will do well to consider:

how, exactly, do you think "mother nature" came up with the millions of varieties of species in the first place?

answer -----> by modifying the genome.

like most technologies, biotech is just the adaptation of a natural process for our own social benefit. if you criticize biotech, you ought to toss out your laptop, TV, and microwave oven and go live in a cave. let us not forget that technology is a GOOD thing. yes?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
....but i have a single question which all of you will do well to consider:

how, exactly, do you think "mother nature" came up with the millions of varieties of species in the first place?

answer -----> by modifying the genome.

That's hilarious, thanks for the Sunday morning giggle

It's a bit like saying if the TV repairman can fix your TV by poking a screwdriver and soldering iron around a bit, then so can your 2 year old
... and that's probably being generous.

[edit on 18/4/10 by RogerT]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Doctor G - more references and research for you...

Food-borne Illnesses in U.S. Cost $152 B Annually

...and that's only what's officially acknowledged as "food-borne." Food for thought, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The problem is Monsanto's motivation. It appears to be money and not our best interest. When farmers try to grow with non-GMO, they sue their pants off until they financially break them. The Monsanto cronies and FDA just rotate the same people through key positions withint he company and the Government regulatory agencies, it's the Good Ole Boys Club. They have sued others for trying to lable non-GMO food. The GMO seeds are sterile so you have to keep buying their seed every year.
We have health problems growing exponentially from this and other factors. We are traveling down the wrong road of lifestyle choices. They do not know what the long term helath effects will be from this unnatural crap they create, but they push it through anyway under the radar with falsified 'studies'. The FDA uses Monsanto's studies as reference for the safety of this stuff.
I'm not opposed to improving natural stuff via technology, but let's do it the right way for the good of the people, not for the benefit of the stockholders. I know it'll never happen, but educating yourself on who is doing what and why paints a very differnet picture thatn what they tell is happening.
Knowledge is power, empower yourself. What they are doing and how they go about doing it raises more questions than answers.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor G
Over the next nine years, multiple chronic illnesses in the US nearly doubled -- from 7% to 13%. Allergy-related emergency room visits doubled between 1997 and 2002 while food allergies, especially among children, skyrocketed. We also witnessed a dramatic rise in asthma, autism, obesity, diabetes, digestive disorders, and certain cancers.

very good profit for the pharmacorps.

the truth of the matter being that health is about mind and nutrition.

they control the minds through media,
food through monsanto.

with "great" (in size) succes so far

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

As for the need for an organic maize control group, I'm not sure I see why you think that's needed. I would think that a control group with the same diet, only using non-GM vs GM maize would be ideal?

Thanks for the link. I was at work and didn't have time to search for the abstract.

I wasn't very clear. By organic I meant non-GM. :p

-Dev

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Excellent post! Thanks for your work. This is an issue (food / agriculture) that I have been very interested in for a very long time. Food is after all one of the basic necessities. Not only can we be poisoned via our food we can also be controlled by it (or those who take over the production of it).

To see my solution to the issue of check out my mega-thread: Local Organic Farming: A Sustainable Alternative to Industrialized Agriculture

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I've noticed the HUGE jump in all these Ill-nesses. I'm still young myself, but it is highly noticable. If you look at the past, to even the last say 15 years, it has gotten worse and worse. I agree GMO has a huge hand in this, it isn't natural, and our bodies arent made to eat these things. I'm glad you brought this subject to light. Its just another thing that has to be delt with before its too late, but how..thats the question I always ask..we need to figure out a way.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join