It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 25 Point Rant About America...and the World.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just 25 observances of mine. Take it how you will:

1) The majority of Americans and the world, do not use critical thinking, and suffer for it.

2) We parrot ideas without checking sources and spread rumors.

3) Americans use bumper sticker slogans for argument or political discourse.

4) "Authority" and "Popularity" are King, not to be questioned or scrutinized.

5) Our Government loves war, we align with warmongers and reward death.

6) We poison ourselves with bad food, bad air, bad water. Then depend on Pharma to "fix us" when all goes to hell in our bodies and minds.

7) We allow our minds to be warped by mainstream television, film, media. We honor Pop Culture to the point we think that their imaginations equal reality.

8) We abandon logic and reason in place for fantasy, myth, and belief systems with no evidence of their validity.

9) We are so busy working to fight off debt, taxes, government, fees, liabilities, bills, notes...that we do not notice our demise under our noses.

10) We have this illusion that freedom is given by our masters if we complain loud enough.

11) We allow supreme elites to make decisions for our lives and convince ourselves that 'votes' will do away with their never ending yolk over our necks.

12) We worship 'acceptance', even if it means abandoning our very lives and souls.

13) We cater to the lowest common denominator here in America. We have become so obsessed with it, we all have collectively become the lowest common denominator by osmosis.

14) Ego rules the day, the discourse, the argument, the 'truth', the life, the motive, the speech, the thought, relationships, family, business, society...it ruins everything.

15) Most of us identify with a "collective ego" to define us. Football, churches, lifestyles, voter status, ideology, baseball, our designer labels, our schools, our TV SHOWS, our race, etc. We are all "fanatics" of something.

16) Our Government(s) is/are looting us more day by day, with no solution to stop them other than fly by night ideas which only work to put a band aid over the situation.

17) We are so racked with displeasure from every angle, so cluttered with a list of "wrongs", we cannot even focus anymore. We have run out of fingers to plug the "Dam" with.

18) Most people who "fight" for something, honestly believe it to be "truth" or "the right thing to do". As long as you have BELIEF, you will have people fighting for it. Almost all of the participants are innocent in that manner. Until FACT is separated from MYTH, this will never end.

19) As long as this world runs on myth, belief, or ideology, you will NEVER come to a proven consensus of anything. The ideas and those groups carrying those ideas, will only spread further and grow stronger. You cannot fight a Multiverse of ideas as long as myth is respected.

20) Only a society that can shed old beliefs, old myths, old ways of "business" can thrive when it finds itself bound in chaos. Society can only PROGRESS by fine tuning what is true, factual, or accurate.

21) Media outlets are destroying our collective ability to reason and decipher fact. We are in turn allowing them to invade our homes, our minds, write our truths, speak our 'history', and define us. We cannot thrive by allowing those with motives of PROFIT to define who we are.

22) ALL "Authority" needs to be questioned. "Authorities" are losing respect and self respect more daily. The sciences, justice systems, academia, medicine, history....are all falling victim to corruption. "The Truth" is fleeting daily.

23) Our ignorance is literally killing us. In my opinion, a true revolutionary act is itself "to know" or to seek knowledge. Myths have to be abandoned in order for us to survive the coming days, in my opinion. We all must remind ourselves to critically think (myself included) about any given issue, or we are in turn endangering ourselves, our friends, our family, our societies.

24) We must work to liberate ourselves from the influence of our top percentage of "elite". If we do not destroy their base (by means of boycott, influence, neglect, denial, rejection), they will eventually take our lives and enslave us entirely. Their patterns do not seem to be dwindling.

25) We have to eventually come to the realization that our Government is working against us. The Judicial, Legislative, and Executive branches have all but abandoned their posts. Any renegade within Government that actually has our interests at heart, is outnumbered and out funded. We cannot fool ourselves into thinking that we can depend on "the system" to fix itself.

Just 25 of the multiple rants I have stored in my head. Had to 'release' a few from my brain to the public. Hope you enjoyed it.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
[edit on 16-4-2010 by LifeIsEnergy]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I agree with all of them, number 21 is the most dangerous one imo.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Not just America, your points are common to most countries.

S&F for you!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
A nicely writen post that deserves some attention even though most the points are known, bringing them together in a package gives it that extra touch.

S&F

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
A nicely writen post that deserves some attention even though most the points are known, bringing them together in a package gives it that extra touch.

S&F

Thanks, I like bullet points and numbers to restate the obvious (or not so obvious). People memorize list form better.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm doing a little cutting and paste from another thread, but the sentiment seems to be consistent with the OP, on some levels....

Look at one of Goldman Sachs insiders John Paulson 2007 income was 3.7 BILLION DOLLAR$. For one man? How does one even feel worthy of taking sooooo much from the economy???

Does our Economic Model have any integrity what so ever???

Anti-Economic sentiment is my current mood, but i can't find a word to describe the emotion i'm feeling toward the Corporate Dictatorships. how close is the land of the free to being a teranical nightmare?

American Military at war over Oil Reserve rich nations for Oil Lobbyists.
Exxon Mobile makes $35 BILLION profits.
Exxon Mobile pays America NOTHING IN TAXES???

Why are American troops dying for Oil Corporations that pay U.S. ZERO TAXES due to existing laws that the oil corporations lobbied to make in the first place?

Cannibalistic Corporations, do anything say anything, and deny everything at all costs to make $$$ and decieve their own species.

It least it could seem that way.

"SUPPORT OUR TROOPS" OR
"HANG 'EM OUT TO DRY?"

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
NICE sumary and I could add another 25 on top of your's.

Sugestions is get off the grid and into self supporting as much as you can. Grow your own food, Make your own wine and sell it.. live off the land find a way to disassociate yourself from the dogma ..... find as many ways you can to combat the ones in place it is my only solution the pioneers did it now why cant we ... There used to be a way to find free land them days are pretty much gone but I do know there are ghost towns that everyone left well if you have transportation and are faily healthy id start hunting around everywhere..... or I have heard that groups of people are forming and purchasing land in a group like 8 familys and going back to survilal living .... its ot easy I stoped listening to the news it's just to depressing and that is the point tey want us on depression pills lol

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Damn right! Well said my friend. Unfortunately the majority of people will probably never face those realities until it too late. So I keep saying prepare now for what's to come. Hopefully a better society will emerge from the ashes more willing to understand and heed your points, however going through the fire to get to that point will not be fun at all.

I'll add some points that I think need to be addressed by anyone willing to face reality.

1. Food and water storage and preparation

2. learn to garden and be self sufficient now while you still can. Learn an essential trade possible like blacksmithing, herbs/medicine, spinning food preservation etc. etc.

3. Get out of the city if you can if not get to know your neighbours and see if there is anyone you can trust it will be critical in the coming days. If the trucks ever stop running for more then a week it will be chaos

4. If after you do the above and can afford to, get some junk silver.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
That's just the way to cookie crumbles...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I recall reading that in the event of TSHTF the thing to become was a spice trader. After whatever traumatic event happens to reduce civilisation to ruins, food will be scarce and lack flavour. Spice will help make bland foods edible, and the price of spice will transcend that of gold, diamonds, or other inedible baubles.

Back in the middle ages the value of pepper far outweighed that of gold.

new topics

top topics

join