It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do with less that 3 days to a nuclear disaster

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Mindsmog you would do well to do some research before you post so that you do not look so foolish, not everyone here is a moron...
Besides your links not working when you said,

Ok maybe I didn't realise the different types of nuke we were talking about , Duke you are quoting the testing of Hydrogen bombs or thermonuclear nukes which are not as powerful as a pure fission Nuke.

you were and are, completely wrong in every respect. Pure fission bombs are the simplest bombs, they are the kind first dropped on Japan to end WWII.
Hydrogen bombs are thermonuclear bombs, they use a fission reaction to starta fusion reaction and produce far more damage than a pure fission weapon.
Anyone with any basic knowledge of nuclear weapons knows this.

For a simple overview look here link

For detailed knowledge look here
link

If you would look at the links I posted you would see a break down of wind speeds. Depending on the weapon, past 15-20 miles there is not a massive wind to contend with.

Variable

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Mindsmog Holds up his hand Ok... Bit off more than I can chew here
, I apologize i was wrong...Seems the information i was fed during my NBCD Sessions in the Navy were a load of rubbish, damn submariners they showed us videos and all the info i have posted was based on that knowledge, just goes to show the damn government Cant be trusted LOL, well I am [B]Sorry

waits in anticipation for the Criticism to come rolling in

PS The links did work when I posted em

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindsmog

no disrespect but your math is wrong. The bombs dropped on Japan were 12 and 15 kilotons respectivly, thats roughly 100 times smaller than a modern 1 megaton weapon 1 megaton =1000 kilotons.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
btw Mindsmog ..

.. a 1 megaton nuke, detonated in Edinburgh, Scotland, would not melt bronze objects in London, England. This is to say that everything that has a melting temperature less than bronze (just about everything) located in the British Isles, would be melted .. everything located everywhere in the UK that melts easier than bronze would be gone by what you said. Because London is pretty far south on the main island from Edinburgh, and 1 megaton is exceptionally weak for today's weaponry. That is like a Hiroshima / Nagasake bomb .. and those did not melt everything bronze and weaker (including people) on the entire set of Japanese Islands, nor the main island.. just the immediate areas surrounding those blast locations. People in Northern Japan would have been relatively unaffected by heat, radiation, or any direct affect from the bomb detonation.

Now, a TEN megaton nuke detonated in Edinburgh might scorch everything and everyone between there and NOTTINGHAM maybe.. but this would be like .. one of Russia's many powerful ICBM warheads.

[edit on 8/14/2008 by runetang]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
People people people, didn't they teach you anything at school?

Duck and Cover my friends, Duck and Cover

top topics

<< 1   >>

join