It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry FAQ

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by KIZZZY
Why do Masons use the hexogram (star) of Moloch to whom Solomon raised a temple to?

I have not see a hexagram used anywhere in the Blue Lodge degrees. Where exactly have you seen this employed?

I have seen 8-,10- and 12-sided stars, or glories, used above the Worshipful Master to illuminate the 'G' once lodge is open.

Oh really? That is interesting.

The hexagram, one of the world's most ancient symbols, have been found within the structures of King Solomon's temple. The hexagram is featured within and on the outside of many Masonic temples

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

"G" is the Gamma (star) of the constellation Gemini (laying down bricks) look for etymology

Then why is this not used by Masons in other parts of the world?

The 'G' typically appears only in United States jurisdictions as it refers to God and Geometry. God in most other countries does not begin with a 'G' hence the reason this letter is not frequently seen outside of the united States.

Yes, the "YOD" was suppose to be there!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i though the god..the light bringer was suppose to be the fallen angel lucifer or jambulah? anyway i dont know but i though the hexagram was supposed to be a very sacred symbol of the sun?or of saturn?anyway im sure you guys can talk without insulting each other

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The hexagram, one of the world's most ancient symbols, have been found within the structures of King Solomon's temple.

Considering no one has seen the inside of Solomon's Temple I will refrain from stating in any absolute manner on what was or was not found within its confines.

The hexagram is featured within and on the outside of many Masonic temples

I never said it was or was not used to decorate temples, I said it makes no appearance in Blue Lodge ritual.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

"G" is the Gamma (star) of the constellation Gemini (laying down bricks) look for etymology

Then why is this not used by Masons in other parts of the world?

The 'G' typically appears only in United States jurisdictions as it refers to God and Geometry. God in most other countries does not begin with a 'G' hence the reason this letter is not frequently seen outside of the united States.

I did not bring up the "G" Runespider did. "Grand Architect of the Universe (G.A.O.T.U.)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Yes, the "YOD" was suppose to be there!

I am not following what you mean by it was supposed to be there. Either it is used or it is not used.

Can you please answer my question as to what the relevance of the letter 'G' would be to non-United States Masons?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

While you did not initially bring up the usage of the letter 'G' you have since stated that it is meant to symbolize Gamma or Gemini. Please see my previous question on relevance.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive

anyway here is the questin,what can anyone tell me about the levels above 3rd.

They expand upon the original three degrees. (as for the Scottish Rite) I am not a member of the York Rite so I have no knowledge of what goes on there.

Once you reach 33, it's anybody's guess. I hear they eat way better than the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZYHere is the opening of this thread and I quote:

"Thread Purpose

I want to invite folks to ask any and all questions about Freemasonry. It's easier to answer them if you confine it to one or two per post."

Once again I ask, Do Masons use Astrological symbols in their rituals?
Also from the opening of this thread

Please limit your questions to Blue Lodge (first three degrees) of Freemasonry. This will prevent endless tangents into other societies that can have their own thread.
Which is the context I answered within.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Ad Hominem! Personal attacks?

I have no interest in your particular replies...You are ignored!

Sigh. Now my feelings are hurt.

If you want to know about masonry, ask a mason. If you want to tell someone about how evil masons are, you might want to try that elsewhere.

Hint(masons already know what goes on behind the doors)

But since I am ignored, none of this will reach your ears.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Stay On Topic Please...

Attacking and commenting on each other, is NOT On Topic

Thank you

Semper

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Lucifer is only the name of Venus. By your answer I ASSUME you do not know the name of the Mason's God of Light!

"Lucifer" in Latin means "Light Bearer".

When Pope Damascus commissioned Jerome to translate a new authoritative Latin version of the Bible a mistake was made. In the old Testament Jerome inserted the name "Lucifer" into the Book of Isaiah instead of "mad, boastful, rage" or "heylal" in the original Hebrew.

Technically, "lucifer" is a job description for the angel of light. It may have described Satan at one point, before the fall, but it is certainly not his name.

In the New Testament we find out that Christ is the true "Light Bearer". Satan corrupted his power by being boastful, rageful, prideful and generally an asshat. He got fired.

The Greek version of 2 Peter refers to Christ as "phosphoros" or "light bearer".

Because the words "phosphoros" and "lucifer" have the same meaning the English translators chose instead to use "day star" or "morning star" (venus) because that phrase is used later on in Revelation to describe Christ.

The reason "day star" was used is because they knew good and well that using "lucifer" to refer to Christ would most likely get them killed.

Because of Jerome's screwup the Latin Vulgate bible misled people for over 1000 years! When it came time to translate it to English the use of "Lucifer" as a name for Satan was so widespread it would have certainly meant death if those guys put it into the New Testament.

-------

Does any of this matter? Not inasmuch as Freemasonry is concerned.

The word "Lucifer" is not used anywhere in our rituals. Neither is "Satan". Or "Jesus" for that matter.

It seems like you are waging a war of semantics to mislead the reader who may have honest questions.

The name of "God" is written in the individual's heart. Human language cannot express it or do it justice so we substitute our own fallible letters and words to try and represent the concept.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Stay On Topic Please...

Attacking and commenting on each other, is NOT On Topic

Thank you

Semper

Thanks!

Confucious said, "Never cross a Marine. The results would be far worse than anything the lowly Masons could conceive of."

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Oh, he released a new edition did he? I'm going to have to pick it up.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
i though the god..the light bringer was suppose to be the fallen angel lucifer or jambulah? anyway i dont know but i though the hexagram was supposed to be a very sacred symbol of the sun?or of saturn?anyway im sure you guys can talk without insulting each other

Cookie for Stillalive!

The hexagram was brought to the Jewish people by Solomon when he turned to witchcraft and idolatry after his marriage to Pharaoh's daughter .... It became known as the Seal of Solomon in Egyptian magic and witchcraft.

Solomon gave himself up to satanic worship and built altars to Ashtoreth (fertility symbol found in the Israeli Supreme Court) and Moloch (Saturn).
The Star has absolutely nothing to do with David!

Thank you!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I have no interest in the Latin delineation. This is was taken from Hebrew!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

What was taken from Hebrew? The Hebrew was not referring to a fallen angel, instead it was point to the King of Tyre, and it was a mistranslation that brought about the name of Lucifer.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join