It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry FAQ

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
do you have to believe in god to join?
Yes.

can you join if you consider yourself a morale atheist?
No. Well, I mean you could lie, but you'd probably get tired of having to take oaths to God, or the prayers that open and close each meeting...

do freemasons still build things anymore?
They take good men and make them better. The closest they have to actual construction, though, is the occasional dedication of a cornerstone on a new building being erected.

ive heard that the "illuminati" are somehow related to the freemasons, if not does the illuminati exist?
The Bavarian Illuminati was founded in 1776 and patterned itself after the Masons. It did, indeed, try to recruit from the Masons of the age, and so to some extent it could be said that the Illuminati "infiltrated" Masonry. The Bavarian Illuminati was dissolved in 1785 and there's no credible evidence that they exist in any form today, either within or without Freemasons.

In the last 50 years or so, "illuminati" has become a catch-all phrase used by conspiracy theorists to describe the "powers that be", whether in the form of the Bilderberg Group, the CFR, the Trilateral Commission, or the Bohemian Grove attendees. Such association sullies the name of the original Illuminati, and many scholars here dissuade its use as a generic term. Not that the originals were saints, but their ideals had nothing to do with the back-room dealings that theorists imagine are going on today.

why are there freemason symbols on some public schools?

I know in Texas the earliest public schools actually held their classes in Masonic buildings. Masons are big on education and think that the quest for knowledge is a lifelong endeavor. Wouldn't surprise me if a handful of school buildings were donated by various Masonic groups over the last 2 centuries.

why is there a lodge in every town village or city?
Masonry encourages fellowship. If a Mason moves to a town that doesn't have a lodge, he can find some likeminded men and petition the state's Grand Lodge for a charter to open a new one.

[edit on 4/20/2010 by JoshNorton]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenix_zephyr

Fraternity is a male-only organization. There is the Order of the Eastern Star and Daughter's of the Nile for women to join, as well as the Social Order of the Beauceant.

reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

True. Good point.

reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Along with emsed, I would have no problem joining a sorority.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
ive heard that some masons will kill people that reveal their secrets to the public is that true andhas there been any documented cases of this sort of thing?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

ive heard that some masons will kill people that reveal their secrets to the public is that true andhas there been any documented cases of this sort of thing?
The only two cases you're likely to hear about are "the Morgan affair" and P2.

There's no evidence one way or the other what happened to Morgan.

P2 was an illegitimate lodge in Italy with heavy mafia ties. Anything they might have done couldn't be considered "Masonic" in any sense of the word.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Masonry teaches that Satan and God are equal but opposite! "The true name of Satan, per kabbalist, is that of Yahveh reversed; for Satan is not a black god, but the negation of God ... For the Initiates, this is not a Person, but a Force ... they represent this Force ... under the mythologic and horned form of the God Pan." (Page 102, 3rd Degree)

www.cephas-library.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

[edit on 20/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

This would never happen. Murder is not acceptable to Masons.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

I don't get your point.

Satan is never mentioned in Freemasonry. Nor Baphomet, nor Lucifer or any other demonic entities.

I don't mind dissenting opinions, but I just don't get the point.

Let me clarify something for those wondering:

Freemasonry (also known as Craft Masonry or Blue Lodge) consists of three degrees.

- Entered Apprentice
- Fellowcraft
- Master Mason

Once a man is a Master Mason he may join any number of "appendant bodies" that confer additional degrees, but these are not "higher" or "better".

A Master Mason is the equal of every other Mason, no matter how many degrees, letters, or titles one may possess.

[edit on 4/20/10 by emsed1]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What is the name of the God that the Mason's worship?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY
That's up to the individual Mason. It's not the job of Masonry to tell you what your religion is or replace it.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I did not ask you about religion, I asked you about a god!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
According to the Mason's, what is the name of the god of light?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

God.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Evasive! What is the name!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Depends on the Mason. I'm an Anglican (Trinitarian Christian). One of our Past Masters is Jewish so that makes that answer easy. Our Senior Warden is Sikh so I don't happen to know the name that Sikhs use for God. Our Senior Steward is Mormon; same answer for him.

HTH
Fitz

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I did not ask you about religion, I asked you about a god!

Nice one-line answer. Anyway, I hate to disappoint you but there is no "Masonic God" as in 'we'll pretend to be Christians outside of Lodge but in-Lodge we'll pray to something else'.

Despite your wish that it might be otherwise, it just isn't the case.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Another one-liner.

Anyway, for me as an Anglican, the god of light (of all Creation, of all that is, was and will be) is........wait for it......God.

Of course, it sounds like you're trying to set up for a Morals-and-Dogma-Lucifer-bringer-of-light slag.

Been done before, will be done again. Epic fail every time

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Evasive! What is the name!
What answer are you looking for? I call him God, as do most of my brethren. Some might call him Allah, or Jehovah, or Yahweh. Does it really matter what a mere mortal calls him? By his own word "I am that I am"*

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I give up.

What is it?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

Oh I am very sorry, I am not a Polytheist .. I believe in one God .. so the God of Light.. darkness.. semi darkness.. quasi darkness.. really really bright lights etc .. is just God.

I call it. him.. her .. it .. God.

(I think you're waiting for someone to say Lucifer though)

In Masonic ritual God is referred to: Great Architect of the Universe

[edit on 4/20/2010 by Rockpuck]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join