It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry FAQ

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I have a question.

Why does beer always taste so much better after lodge?

Wrap your noodle around that.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Thanks for your answer to my earlier question ( I have two of the three mentioned books )

I have one more question , if I may ..

As mentioned earlier , one needs to believe in a " supreme being " in order to become a Mason . We can also see evidence of this when we look at the famous symbol of Freemasonry , the letter G , the square & compass , all placed over an open book . The book usually represents that members " holy book " i.e the bible , Koran , ext .

Based on my assumption mentioned above , and please correct if I am wrong , would it be fair to assume that as a member progresses through the degrees the member can expect to learn more about the great creator based on masonic teaching and history ?

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Max_TO]

I think that is the whole point, in my opinion, to provide a path for us to not only learn more about the Creator but to eventually be reunited with the Creator.

The story presented in Freemasonry is the quest to find that which was lost. Many faiths and religions concern themselves with similar quests, whether it is the grail, the ark, the bodhi tree or The Word.

These concepts are presented in nearly all Mystery Schools and Freemasonry is just one way to learn about them.

There are so many similar stories throughout history, whether it is the Fall of Man in the garden of eden or any other story of great loss, we all seek to find that "secret" which will reunite us with Creation.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
reply to post by emsed1

I have a question.

Why does beer always taste so much better after lodge?

Wrap your noodle around that.

Sadly... I have two little boys (5 and 3) and a wife that patiently allows me to attend lodge.

Although I have heard of these "beverages" that may be consumed after lodge they remain an elusive concept that I must strive toward!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Also --

I just grabbed a copy of Manly Hall's "Lost Keys of Freemasonry" yesterday.

It is fantastic. I would recommend it based on the first couple of chapters.

It might be available over at sacred-texts for free.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I too have that book by Manly P Hall and will be reading it once I am done reading , Secret Societies and the Hermetic Code by Ernesto Frers .

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
Although I have heard of these "beverages" that may be consumed after lodge they remain an elusive concept that I must strive toward!

Strive patiently, brother. One must attain the sanctified degree of a 34th anniversary before the true ambrosia is revealed.
[/derail]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

lol hive-mind, I just picked this up as well..i also picked up his book entitled 'The Secret Destiny of America". I am planning a trip to go to L.A. to the Philosophical Research Society there. PRS Apparently he has an entire book collection of amazing reads and literature.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I will check that one out, thanks!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushidomason
reply to post by emsed1

lol hive-mind, I just picked this up as well..i also picked up his book entitled 'The Secret Destiny of America". I am planning a trip to go to L.A. to the Philosophical Research Society there. PRS Apparently he has an entire book collection of amazing reads and literature.

OK so weird... I almost grabbed that one yesterday as well. I was worried it would be one of those books that claim America will rule the world, but I should know better if it's Hall.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
There is an episode of NOVA on just now talking about dark energy.

It made me think about the concept that science seeks the same things that theology seeks.

We can only observe matter and energy, yet three-fourths of the universe doesn't fall into that category. It's like most of the universe is, well... lost.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
thank you,that sounds great then. and how about some masonic literature to read? something to help peace the mind? i really need it

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
thank you,that sounds great then. and how about some masonic literature to read? something to help peace the mind? i really need it

A good masonic read that i first read when i was raised was by bro. W.L. Wilmshurst entitled "The Meaning of Masonry". I enjoyed it a lot...also if you are looking for a good read on an interesting masonic alchemist i would recommend "The Masonic Magician" by Pip Faulks and Robert Cooper.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
sounds just the thing im looking for, well i cant keep this to my self.
im going to join the lodge reuchlin in pforzheim. and i cant wait. its just in time when im moving there to start a new better life. its going to help me alot to become better and to actualy start doing what i enjoy,making people happy,being around other good people,and beign away from bad ignorant people. greetings!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
My first knowlede of conspiracy theories was those youtube videos that paint Freemasonry as the root of it all (you know the ones..), so I was very surprised when I came on here and found so much support for them. Since realising there was a whole heap more to freemasonry than babylonian bloodlines I've been a bit stumped on what to make of them.

I want to ask questions that will get me an explenation of why Freemasons are portrayed in this way, not sure how to word it though lol so..

1 - Is there any truth to these conspiracy theories?
2 - Is the distinction between Scottish Rite and others important in this regard?
3 - Is there in fact a conspiracy against freemasons?
4 - What are the main differences between Freemasonry and the New Age movement? (I mean from a philosophical/spiritual POV, not just 'freemasons aren't hippies'
)

Thanks

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There indeed seems to be so much disinformation regarding masons, usually naming masonry as a secret society kind of sect.

I guess my question would be, can catholics be masons?

How about the other way around? Can masons be catholics?

This thread has been so enlightning, thanks to the people answering for their patient replies.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
1. Have you read the book 'Proofs of a conspiracy against all the religions and governments of Europe carried on in the secret meetings of Freemasons, Illuminati and reading societies'? If so what did you think of it?

2. I've read on masonic websites, that they used to worship the spirit Jahbulon. Is this ever mentioned nowadays?

3. Could you describe the initiation ceremony? It's always sounded like witchcraft to me.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Maybe this will help a little. Be sure to read the side panel

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 17-4-2010 by KIZZZY]

Oh here, let me start you off with what it says:

ROTHSCHILD - ISRAELI SUPREME COURT - Freemasonry called Sabbatainism

The Israel Supreme Court is the creation of one elite family: the Rothschilds. In their negotiations with Israel, theyve agreed to donate the building under three conditions: the Rothschilds were to choose the plot of land, they would use their own architect and no one would ever know the price of its construction. The reasons for those conditions are quite evident: the Supreme Court building is a Temple of Masonic Mystery Religion and is built by the elite, for the elite.

Built in 1992, the Israel Supreme Court sits in Jerusalem, in front of the Knesset (Israeli legislature). Its peculiar architecture has earned critical praise due to the architects opposition of old versus new, light versus shadow and straight lines versus curves. Almost all critics and journalists have however omitted to mention the blatant occult symbols present all over the building. Masonic and Illuminati principles are physically embodied in numerous instances, proving without a doubt who runs the show in there.

House of the Rothschilds
The Rothschild family is an international dynasty of Germans of jewish descent who established a worldwide banking and finance operation. The offsprings of Mayer Amschel Rothschild (1744-1812) have spread all over Europe and became major actors in the social, political and economic life of the continent. By knitting close ties with the elite of England, Austria, France and Italy, the Rothschilds became a hidden force in most political events of the last centuries. Alternative historians say they are part of the infamous 13 bloodlines of the Illuminati, along with the Rockefellers and the Duponts.

The Rothschilds are one of the originators of the Zionist movement and the most active actors in the creation of the state of Israel. James A. de Rothschild financed the Knesset, Israels main political building. Right in front of it sits the Israeli Supreme Court, donated by another member of the dynasty: Dorothy de Rothschild.

In the same general area of Jerusalem we can therefore find the Knesset and the Supreme Court, built by the Rothschilds and, following a perpendicular ley line, several blocks away, sits the Rockefeller Museum (other elite family). You might start to understand who owns this area now. see defination of "ley line"

media.portland.indymedia.org...

Interpretations of what is in and on the grounds of Court:

www.abidemiracles.com...

The truth is, 99% of the mason will die without knowing what is really going on at the top. These forbidden secrets are previously only available to Master Masons belonging to the "higher degrees" such as the York Rite and the Royal Order of Scotland...

13 BLOODLINES OF ILLUMANTI
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

ISRAELI SECRETS I SHOULDN'T KNOW

by Barry Chamish

No outsider was /supposed /to discover what I did about Israel. And I'm sorry I did. I could be raising my kids in suburban Modiin and working on raising my bowling average. My most outrageous political statement might be, "Now why would any teenager want to French-kiss Chaim Ramon?"

But I did discover that Israel's founders and its establishment created a nation based on a form of Freemasonry called Sabbatainism. ....Situated precisely on the 33rd latitude, this town means keystone, for it was intended to be the keystone to illumination.

What is not understood is that the last three steps in the Masonic rites, parallel ancient Israel's latitudes, from the 30th to 33rd. The British called Rosh Pina's airport, the 33rd runway.
...(.continued on provided link below)

The first cities they founded were not given Jewish names but Masonic ones:

I would highly suggest you click on to this link and read it.

freemasonrywatch.org...

barrychamish.com...

Also research:

Search this: Sarona, the Kirya in Tel Aviv was founded by the Templars, a Nazi leaning Christian group. :

www.jewishmag.com...

Research: Israel+Tavistock.
Tavistock is the premier mind and social control research center in the world. Hitler was trained there

brianakira.wordpress.com...

"Zionism and Herzl: The Anti-Semitic Side"
is one of the most important videos ever made in Israel.

/7xxavw

Deliberate EUGENIC RADIATION POISONING of 100,000+ Sephardi/Yemeni by Israel/U.S. in 1950s

READ ALL ABOUT THE ABOVE ^^^ and research it:

portland.indymedia.org...

www.conspiracyarchive.com...

thevirtualchurch.org...

The principles of geometry

[edit on 17-4-2010 by KIZZZY]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The Secret Grip of a Master Mason:

It's a regular handshake, except that you press your thumb against the base joints between the index finger and middle finger of the man you are shaking hands with. It looks pretty much like any other handshake; only the men shaking hands can feel the difference. The correct response is to ask if this grip has name and then "syllable it" with the shakee until the password of a Master Mason is arrived at.

The Secret Password of a Entered Apprentice

The password of the 1st degree, or the 'Entered Apprentice' degree is 'Boaz'.

The Secret Password of a FellowCraft

The password of the 'Second Degree', or 'Fellowcraft Degree' is 'Shibboleth'.

The Secret Password of a Master Mason:

'Tubal Cain' is the password of a Master Mason, which is the 'Third Degree'. Some of the more obtuse and perverse masons wear a tie stickpin or lapel pin called "Two Balls and Cane" in the sicko shape of a phallic cane with a "ball" on either side of it. We don't imagine they let their wives in on this one, apparently they are told to tell them if they ask about it that it has something to do with Golfing! "Brotherly Love" don't you know. See the last section below for who Tubal-Cain was, and what that says about the nature of Freemasonry .

Found online.

IAOM

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I stumbled upon this from a book I was reading in the Savannah Public library, many years ago... that

"on the day of the Boston Tea Party... the log book for the Masonic lodge reads "Not enough members present for a quorum" "

[edit on 17-4-2010 by seataka]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

Thanks for that. To be honest, I'm familiar with most of the info there but it's good to re-cap!

I'm still a bit un-sure about what part Freemasonry plays in it all but I appreciate thats not really what this topic is for. I just need to get off my arse, do some research and make my own mind up

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join