It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry FAQ

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

Here is Bill Schnoebelen who admits to being a Vampire also he is a freemason.

any truth to this? any at all?

'Nuff said?

Bill Schnoebelen seems to have been just about everything at one time (often simultaneously and at contretemps). I expect we'll next be hearing that he's claiming to have been piloting Air Force One on 9/11.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandKitaro777
I guess I can visit my local freemasonry club, and be a 32nd degree mason upon signing up. Since you know there's no higher up or low level masons.
It would take you 4 to 6 months, but yes. You could.

[edit to add...] You could theoretically go from 0 to 32 in a day or two, but it doesn't happen too often... You'd have to time a one-day blast of the first three degrees (which is not recommended, and in most states only happens with the permission of the Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of that state...) to happen right before a Scottish Rite reunion, where every candidate goes from 4th degree to 32nd degree in a day or two tops.

[edit on 4/22/2010 by JoshNorton]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
wont anyone answer my question? if the government is corrupt and evil,is a mason allowed to not obey his life to government rules,i dont mean start crimes and such,but you know what i mean. if i see policeman raping a woman,i cant just walk away,couse policeman are "good"

I have never seen a policeman raping a woman but I would not walk away.

I don't expect any other Freemason would either.

I don't know of any government that has a law saying policemen are allowed to rape people.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandKitaro777
It seems there's more to freemasonry then "being a good citizen to society and worshiping your faith chosen God." (Maybe this applies to low level local masons, who are potentially ignorant to freemasonry true intentions)

It seems to me there's more to freemasonry then what ATS freemasons with their anecdote are telling us. Freemasonry is known to have very intelligent individuals within it's depths, and masons following a societal dentrimenting religion, such as Christianity seems awkward considering my perception of freemasonry as "people who see and know the holistic picture of humanity's problems."

If my perception of freemasonry is wrong, then there must be a different group of people that share the same perception as I have of "a holistic mindset of humanities problems."

On topic, is freemasonry a world wide society?

[edit on 21-4-2010 by GrandKitaro777]

Freemasons don't necessarily know and see the holistic picture of humanity's problems.

Freemasonry doesn't exist to solve society's problems.

Freemasonry is simply a path for a moral man to learn to become a better person.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Order of Illuminati was founded by Adam Weishaupt, Bavaria (Germany) in 1776.

Wesihaupt spent about five years writing on methods of world revolution under orders and pay from the Rothschild Dynasty with the aim of establishing One World Government.

He called this government "The Novus Ordo Seculorum" (New Age or New World Order), which is also the title of his book published in May 1, 1776.

Do you deny the Order of Illuminati, the Controller of All Masons?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

No such thing as "higher level" Freemasons.. all positions of "power" are elected for 1 year terms BY the "local" Freemasons at assembly.

reply to post by ashanu90

I'm not sure what the biggest "no-no" but I'd bet it's non-payment of dues. I've only ever seen one person blackballed for being affiliated with a hate group .. other than that ive never personally seen someone kicked out.

Sorta.. some founding fathers were Masons, however most were not:

9 out of 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence were Freemasons
13 out of 39 signers of the Constitution were Freemasons
33 out of 74 Generals in the Continental Army were Freemasons.

reply to post by Stillalive

I answered. I do think you're asking a loaded question though. No, a Freemasons is not obligated to follow any immoral action taken by any level of Government.

reply to post by KIZZZY

It's all BS though.. there were perfect times in recent history to have established "one world government" .. and people have been trying to conquer the world since man step out of his little cave.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Non payment of dues can get someone kicked from the rolls. Divulging secrets will earn you a dismissal from the Fraternity as well as causing any harm (ie we expelled a guy for misappropriation of funds).

Schnoebelen guy holds no credibility. He claims at one time to be a satanist, witch, Mormon, vampire, Freemason that attended a Catholic university to obtain a degree in theology.

He's a extremist who uses his false record of membership to bad mouth that which intolerant religious folk deem "evil".

reply to post by GrandKitaro777

No, because the 32nd belongs to the Scottish Rite. It only has bearing within its self, just like the York Rite. The Master Mason is the highest degree.

reply to post by KIZZZY

The Illuminati does not control the Freemasons.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Whoaw nice information

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
thank you i really appretiate it,as i couldnt even be good or do charity in my country. but im sure i will make up for this quickly.
is it really that fast going from 1rd to 32rd? isnt 32 supposed to be hard to get to,like to take 5 years atleast?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Hi,

In Freemasonry there are only 3 degrees (Entered Apprentice, Fellowcraft and Master Mason).

If you become a Master Mason and want to expand your masonic education you can join Scottish Rite and become a 32nd Degree in one weekend but it gives you no particular advantage or authority over a Master Mason.

It's similar to the concept of a college degree. You get the Master Mason degree and graduate from college. After that you can take all kinds of continuing education about different subjects but it doesn't make you any higher than any other college graduate.

From what I understand the 33rd Degree is something that is awarded to Mason by others to recognize him for a lifetime of charitable service. I don't believe it's something you can pursue. In fact, I think trying to get nominated for a 33rd would be in very poor taste.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY
Order of Illuminati was founded by Adam Weishaupt, Bavaria (Germany) in 1776.

Wesihaupt spent about five years writing on methods of world revolution under orders and pay from the Rothschild Dynasty with the aim of establishing One World Government.

He called this government "The Novus Ordo Seculorum" (New Age or New World Order), which is also the title of his book published in May 1, 1776.

Do you deny the Order of Illuminati, the Controller of All Masons?

The Order of Illuminati have nothing to do with modern Freemasonry.

In fact, the ones that I've talked to don't even take us seriously.

Personally I think the Illuminati are a little stuck up and rude.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
i didnt know that,and what is the purpose of the scottish rite? i dont know what exactly to ask,but yes,the purpose after being master mason?
o and isnt there other path? th red cross-knight templar,i think it was the york rite?

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Stillalive]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The technical purpose is "further education" .. I joined just because I was curious. The Scottish Rite only meets very rarely .. I've only been to three total .. er.. gatherings (I forget what they are called lol .. ) for the most part it opens up a few new windows to different sets of charities that the Scottish Rite supports. Most of the big ones I can't afford.. like the fancy dinners and the golf outings, and they will constantly send you letters in the mail to donate to this or that charity. The Scottish Rite above all other aspects of Masonry is blown way out of proportion. The more I look at the York Rite, the more I feel I would have been better off joining them instead.. at least then I'd get to meet more often, dress in a funny outfit and play with a sword.

Also the 33rd is an honorary degree, and it takes many, many years or a very big selfless act of service to your community to gain it.. that's why it's held with such high esteem .. only the best of the best men will attain it.

[edit on 4/23/2010 by Rockpuck]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Rock,

Would comparing Scottish Rite/Craft Lodge to inches/feet [centimetres/metres] be a fair comparison?

TIA
Fitz

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

I'm not comparing it.. just saying the Scottish Rite is blown way out of proportion as far as it's importance to the rest of Masonry.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Oh that much I'm more than mindful of. I just want to find an analogy that easily demonstrates the relationship.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
interesting,i always though the scottish rite is for me,but now it seems im destined for the york rite.
but why are there 32 degrees of scotish,when you learn them in 2 days?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

lol.. I get it, I read you wrong. Yeah, I'd def say it's like feet and inches. Blue Lodge is much more personal imo .. I don't know about the York Rite, but the Scottish Rite is very very impersonal. Unless you are actually in the degrees of course.

Here's a secret: Freemasons don't earn all the degrees before they earn the 32nd degree.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
you guys say your not knights templar but this thread says other wise
Freemason Knights Templar meeting here in Italy 2 days ago, changed my life...

On the way there they warned me that Masonry on this side of the globe is nothing compared to what we do in the United States. I was told flat out that these are very bad, very powerful people.

The first thing I learned shortly after walking through the doors is that the true Freemasons are, in fact the Knights Templar! This meeting was a meeting of the Templar Knights under the guise of the Freemasons.

I couldn't believe what I had just heard. If I had even mentioned that anywhere in America I would be called crazy. I had been researching the Masons for years, I had learned about many good and bad things. After hearing from fellows brothers of other lodges I was completely convinced that these stories were completely bogus.

so whats up with that?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The Knights Templar were disbanded back in the 1300's when some where burned at the stake alive. I believe it was King Phillip the fair. They may have roots in freemasonry, and it has been speculated and even almost proved before. But no concrete proof exists that ties the two together. In masonry, there are degrees in the Scottish rite and the York rite that have to do with the Templars. But we are aware that we are not actual Templars. If they exist, they keep a good secret. Vinny just arrived back and will be on that thread. Perhaps he can shed the missing light on the whole subject.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join