It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sceptics film strange objects in the Powys night sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
news link

UFO sceptics film strange objects in the Powys night sky
Published date: 16 April 2010 | Published by: Richard Jones

THERE were two UFO sightings above Machyn-lleth last month.

Following last week’s article about UFOs in Powys being responsible for bizarre animal death, two people from the Machynlleth area contacted the County Times to inform us of possible sightings from outer space.

The first, John Pritchard, describes seeing “orange light which then changed to a purple colour”, while the second, Kathleen Walls, says she and her husband saw an object “big in body all lit up with two lights either side of it.”

And a UFO sceptic from Machynlleth has been left questioning whether such things do exist after filming unexplained orange lights in the sky.

John Pritchard spotted the lights flying above Machynlleth at approximately 8.10pm on March 12, and quickly dashed for his video camera to recorded the “strange” activity.

The County Times hopes to get a copy of the video on its website – www.countytimes.co.uk – as quickly as possible.

“The lights were moving quite slowly at first, then they sped up and zig-zagged away. It was very strange,” explained Mr Pritchard.

“At first I thought it must be an aeroplane but it definitely was not because when I enlarged my recording on the television I could see an orange circular light which then changed to a purple colour.

“I am a bit sceptical when it comes to things like UFOs and aliens but I would be interested in finding out what exactly I did film,” he concluded.

Meanwhile, a couple from Pennal spotted an “unexplained object” flying through the night sky last month.

Kathleen Walls and her husband, from Pennal, near Machynlleth, spotted the object on March 8 and took these photographs (see above) of them flying through the sky.

Kathleen said: “My husband spotted the unexplained object first, he was watching it from his armchair in the living room and thought it was a new space satellite.

“He got up to go outside for a closer look and called me out – what we saw was a bright light miles away so he went in for his binoculars and I got my camera.

“We thought it was a big star at first and I had a job keeping it in the lens because it was jumping all over the shop.

“The next thing it was over the house in a matter of seconds, it was big in body all lit up with two lights either side of it.”
erratic/zigzagging/wobbly flight is a hallmark; what would they do that for?

the only thing I can think of is playfulness; then, again, why?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Reject.....

Thanks for posting this interesting report.

I note the following:

The County Times hopes to get a copy of the video on its website – www.countytimes.co.uk... – as quickly as possible.

It will be interesting to see if they come up with anything useful.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject
erratic/zigzagging/wobbly flight is a hallmark; what would they do that for?

the only thing I can think of is playfulness; then, again, why?

I don't know if anything flew erratically or not, however the photo posted doesn't suggest any erratic flight, to the contrary, if it showed flight it's quite orderly with all 4 objects making the same maneuver, which is highly unlikely given the angle of movement.

There is a much more likely explanation, that the shutter was open while the camera moved, and therefore we see 4 lights all showing us how the camera moved during the exposure, very similar to what we see in "capturing the light" by Dorothy Izatt:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a23a7e0cfe66.jpg[/atsimg]

It will be interesting to see the video when it's posted, someone please post an update if they see it become available.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be funny if the video he made was a bit fuzzy and unclear? I mean that would be quite ironic if you ask me.

top topics

join