It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don’t Drink the Water

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

“Don’t drink the water,” that’s what Oliver Outerbridge is telling his neighbors.

It’s ironic because Outerbridge is a restaurant owner in Portland, Maine-a state which has some of the best tasting drinking water in the country.

“We are literally consuming a toxic substance,” Outbridge said, “we are medicating everyone.”

His issue is obviously not the taste, but what Portland adds to its municipal water - fluoride.

“[Fluoride] causes multiple diseases,” he said. “It's been shown study after study to cause cancer as well as many other debilitating diseases.”

Link

This is step in the right direction. If this can gain ground then maybe we can get all of this posion out of our system

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Fluoride has been scientifically linked to thyroid issues and shown to be a neurotoxin.

Time Magazine was among the first mainstream press to report truthfully about its effects.

Top 10 Common Household Toxins - Fluoride

What It Is: A form of the basic element fluorine

Found In: Toothpaste, tap water

Health Hazards: Neurotoxic and potentially tumorigenic if swallowed; the American Dental Association advises that children under 2 not use fluoride toothpaste

What You Should Know: Government studies support current fluoride levels in tap water, but studies on long-term exposure and cancers are ongoing

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Invest on a stage 5 countertop reverse osmosis system or purchase RO water/distilled water from supermarket!

Those bastards are trying to zap pineal activity

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Reptilian Ph.D]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
See? Water is bad for you. Someone please explain this to my wife. She says I need to drink more water. I say I need more Jim Beam.

I don't drink the tap water here where I live. It smells of chlorine, doesn't quench my thirst and gives me dry mouth. My drink of choice is Evian. When I lived in Germany the beverage guy would drop off a rack of that stuff twice a week, along with a rack of Gold Ochsen and a rack of fruit juices.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Kyred, in most of Europe, Germany included, they don't practice fluoridation.

So, you wouldn't ingest fluoride if you drank tap water while in Germany.

I can't say about other chemicals added during water treatment though.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Is bottled water even safe? Do we know for sure? if so which brands?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Evian spelt backwards is Naive.

Just messing with you.

In all seriousness though, alot of bottled water is fluoridated so check to see if it is.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I read recently that the tap water in America is in many cases better for you than bottled water. Multiple sources said that tap water is held to higher standards than bottled water. Not to mention the leaching of the plastics that contaminate bottled water. I tried looking around for a list of the healthies bottled water, couldn't find one. Most sites did say that tap was the way to go, not to mention far cheaper. Just my two cents....

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

So, let me add that to the list:

Don't drink water because it's poisoned
Don't take vaccinations because that may be poisoned.
Don't do the census because the government wants to track you down.
Don't watch the mainstream media (unless its Fox and Alex Jones)
Don't live under funny looking clouds
Stock up on guns
Don't do that
Don't believe them
Don't live there.

Why don't folks go live under a rock while they are at it?

Im not denying the possibility of an armageddon, neither will I take the money making alarmists seriously. I'd like to ask where Alex Jones would be if it was not for his conspiracy theory making business.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Thier was an abc news investigation few years ago, about aquafina water. What they found, was about 40% of thier bottled water was filtered reverse osmosis. not 100% All bottled water is, city tap water* its decieiving advertising. Thiers a truck driver though, months ago, who actually visited poland springs factory. He said, theirs actually a well or something like that, where they get the water from, it sint city water* I belive it was poland spring.
Regardless, remember in the news years ago, all the talk about bacteria building up in plastic bottled water? PLastic are known to let a plastic carcinogenic chemical into the water as well. Same thing with baby plastic bottles.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Thats why glassbottles are better

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir
reply to post by kyred

Kyred, in most of Europe, Germany included, they don't practice fluoridation.

So, you wouldn't ingest fluoride if you drank tap water while in Germany.

I can't say about other chemicals added during water treatment though.

I'm in germany and even when they don't put fluoride into water directly, think about all the people with toothpaste that has lot of fluorides. They spit it into our water all the time.

In any case, i got myself a reverse osmosis system and even if the water would be ok to drink without it, it just tastes sooo much better, noodles or everything you cook with it has a better flavor. When im eating over at friends, their water now tastes kinda like dirty cleaning water to me, yuck. Makes ya wonder what else is in there.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Nightflower]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Myth and Facts about reverse osmosis water:

www.squidoo.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightflower

I'm not familiar with the water treatment process there.

Whether they remove the fluoride from toothpaste spit out or not.

Since English is not the main language spoken in Europe it's hard for me to check.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir
reply to post by Nightflower

I'm not familiar with the water treatment process there.

Whether they remove the fluoride from toothpaste spit out or not.

Since English is not the main language spoken in Europe it's hard for me to check.

I have checked it and i couldn't find anything that says they filter out fluorides. I personally doubt any country filters out fluorides, except the ones using ro systems.

What i could find is that our drinking water quality was at place 57 of the world at 2009, doesn't look to pretty.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

heynow.. it's good for you.. and good for the plants and forests!

Impact of volcanic fluoride and SO2 emissions from moderated activity volcanoes on the surrounding vegetation

be quiet and drink your peasant poison!
shhhhh it's ok go back to sleep... hush hush .. close that third eye.. there you go.. shhh little pineal gland.. go ahead and calcify.. yea there you go .. good blind peasant.. you'll never open your Eye of Providence.. you'll never open your All Seeing Eye.. you'll just fear it like a phantom folklore fear of being watched.. shhh pineal..

go to sleeep..

-

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The most harful poison given to populations in many western nations served up as a benefit it is flouride in our drinking water. There have been numerous studies pointing out its negative effects, I recall reading a while back that the Russians were giving it in large doses to Nazi prisoners in WW2 as a means of levelling their intelligence.
I strongly believe that long term exposure to flouride retards the intellect...and sadly there is nothing I can do to halt my intake of the toxin. One of the greatest farces, and a constant source of frustration. It may also account in part to the explosion of cancer sufferers and strains over the last three decades.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

but what might i ask the people in charge of this get by poisoning people with fluoride, and how much of this fluoride would even be harmful? I have never heard of anybody dying from the water or getting cancer from it so maybe people shouldn't be screaming conspiracy at everything and try and take care of bigger problems.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Has there be any legal action taken to fix this problem? I've head this story many times but like most countless bad things in America, it gets talked about but no one in power does anything about it or possibly can do anything about it. Soon it'll be forgotten and things return to normal.

Someone recommended tap water but what about when news broke out about drugs being in tap water? It was a major deal where I live because so much of it was found in the water. It is almost impossible to escape the dangers America bigwigs put in our food and drinks these days.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Another big problem in Holland as well in Germany due to industry is the quality of groundwater pumped up for consumption.

Holland is one of the most polluted countries in Europe due to government approved dumping of toxic chemicals in treated wood. The stuff is filled tot the core with arsenic and chromiumVI amongst others (mercury for example).

Nearly everyone in Holland uses the toxic woods for fences and stuff, even the children aren't being spared cause the equipment on the playgrounds is made out of treated wood.

The chemicals leach out of the wood and pollute the ground and the groundwater. We're talking about massive amounts of toxic waste here: more than 60 million kilo's have been dumped since 1992, maybe even more.

They stopped testing the water for arsenic and chromium some time ago because it was "too expensive".

Yeah, i'm drinking bottled water.

Edit: typo

[edit on 17-4-2010 by BazzeMan]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join