It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Boy Hammers Father to Death Over Video Game

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Russian Boy Hammers Father to Death Over Video Game

violentgames.tk...

A 14-year-old boy killed his sleeping father with a sledgehammer after his parents told him not to play a computer game overnight and took away the keyboard.

Yaroslav Melnichenko committed the horrible crime in cold blood and feels no remorse for the fratricide, reports Life News tabloid.

Moreover, he told investigators that initially he planned to kill the mother because she was the one to stand between him and the game, but then he thought the father would wake up and stop him, so he decided to kill the man.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-4-2010 by intrinsic]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This is one big clue that the Russian Orthodox Church is no more the "true religion" then the other mass production line religions of the world or tiny ones like Satanism. In general, when it comes to religion, avoid all extremes except being good. If stories like these don't convince you, what will?

eternian.wordpress.com

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrinsic

This is one big clue that the Russian Orthodox Church is no more the "true religion" then the other mass production line religions of the world or tiny ones like Satanism. In general, when it comes to religion, avoid all extremes except being good. If stories like these don't convince you, what will?

eternian.wordpress.com

Wait WTF.

How the hell did you turn this to be about religion? Isnt this story about a sociopath killing his parent parent over a keyboard?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's kids like this that make my parents think that are all bad.

I mean a few spoiled brats come and do a bunch of stuff that they have no business doing, and the rest of us get in trouble for it.

The only thing that pisses me off more is parents comparing kids to one another. All it does is piss us off.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well, we dont know what game it is to begin with...

I mean, we could be talking about a beta release of the new L4D2 expansion...understandable

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrinsic

Kinda strange how your comment on this is EXactly the same as your comment on the thread of yours that was just pulled about the satanists eating goth kids.

So we get it--have a problem with the Russian Orthodox church.

Just stop posting these little bait threads to get us here to preach to us on unrelated topics.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
So you would go to such lengths to bring up religion that you would make your own OP off topic?

Lol!

The kid killed his father over a keyboard..... I think it is more in lines with him being a sociopath than a religious fanatic.

Where do you get off?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Or maybe the kid was one of the lucky ones with a "Starcraft 2 " beta key..

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Maybe the kid is a religious fanatic --- video games are his religion!

"You may take away my keyboard, but you will never take...my FREEDOM!!!!"

[edit on 16-4-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This post is pathetic.

OP you clearly are just a fool, this absolutely zero to do with religion... This is a perfect example of why I hate religious fanatics.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Problably he went that way with it because at the bottom of the article it had this..

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.
People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful,
proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control,
brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited,
lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—
having a form of godliness but denying its power.
Have nothing to do with them.
2 Timothy 3:1-5

Still has nothing to do with the OP though....

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I was kind of wondering about the Russian Orthodox Church connection too. It took me a minute but here is the link to the full story of the boy if anyone wants to read it:

Russian Times

The article does not say what the game was, only that it was a dark-themed fantasy role-playing game.

Edit to add:

Teen hammers father to death over computer game

16 April, 2010, 13:45

A 14-year-old boy killed his sleeping father with a sledgehammer after his parents told him not to play a computer game overnight and took away the keyboard.

Yaroslav Melnichenko committed the horrible crime in cold blood and feels no remorse for the fratricide, reports Life News tabloid.

Moreover, he told investigators that initially he planned to kill the mother because she was the one to stand between him and the game, but then he thought the father would wake up and stop him, so he decided to kill the man.

Read more

In the middle of the night the boy sneaked into the parents’ bedroom, covered the head of his father with a plastic bag and landed six strikes with a sledgehammer. The bag was to prevent blood from splattering on him, he later explained to the police.

Then the murderer demanded his keyboard from the shocked mother, took her mobile phone, locked the door and went straight to the computer to play a dark-themed fantasy role-playing game.

Relatives describe Yaroslav as a reclusive youngster with almost no friends and addicted to computer games. They also said that the parents had spoiled him, bringing him up with little discipline and making him the only heir to the family business – a resort hotel on the Black Sea. The shocking case also has a Freudian twist, as the boy said during the investigation that “now he was head of the family.”

The murderous teen now faces up to 10 years in prison for the crime.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Wayne60]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by intrinsic

First of all, what does this have to do with religion? Second, you used a source that is obviously biased against videogames. Third, this isn't breaking news. It's several days old.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
This post is pathetic.

OP you clearly are just a fool, this absolutely zero to do with religion... This is a perfect example of why I hate religious fanatics.

I'm pretty sure the OP is not a religious fanatic... He is an athiestic fanatic...

They exist on both sides of the coin, and neither one is any better than the other imo.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Kids today are so stupid and violent it depresses me.
Why didn't the kid simply go get another keyboard? I would have certainly done that before I went to the extremes...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Seems pretty short sighted on the kids part.

I don't think that he'll be doing much gaming in prison.

He's one twisted puppy.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm betting it was World of Warcraft.

We all know what happens to people when they don't get their WOW fix.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla
It's kids like this that make my parents think that are all bad.

Kids like this often come from bad parents...

I mean a few spoiled brats come and do a bunch of stuff that they have no business doing, and the rest of us get in trouble for it.

Perhaps this boy was molested and this was the trigger for his actions... we don't know what's going on in that home.

The only thing that pisses me off more is parents comparing kids to one another. All it does is piss us off.

No doubt... If your parents don't see you for the unique person you are, that would tick me off too.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Watch it be that same kid who got shipped back to the USSerrrrRussia by the grandmother. Someone made a thread about it.

Obviously the parents weren't up to par, but then again, the kid may have just been a complete sociopath from the get go.

Sad either way

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
A rich family with a spoiled kid.... nothing too unusual. The kid now says he's the head of the family, also a only heir to the family business (they own a hotel at Black Sea). Locals say he was very spoiled, so there you have it. The kid wasn't used to not getting what he wanted.

Something like Eric Cartman but worse and even less disciplined.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join