It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Has Paying Taxes Ever Done For Us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I mean, I have to pay sales tax, property tax, state tax, gas tax, social security and medicare tax, payroll tax, and income tax. Sheesh!

When I drive down the (nicely paved, well kept, intercontinental express) road, I just want to stop a (city, state, and federal funded) officer of the law and tell him to arrest our lawmakers.

After I dropped my kids of at (state funded, college educated teachers, 12 years, with lunch included, and brand new building) school, I want to head right over to my local (city funded) fire department and scream my wallet is on fire.

I mean, come on, I only make $35,000 a year, and my $6,000 federal income tax return barely paid for car repairs, new clothes, house fix-ups, 3 dinners and 5 movies, a new gun, a new tv, a trip and a gazebo for the back yard.

I can't be taxed anymore or I am gonna end up in the (federally subsidized) ER. I should just calm down. Maybe some (EPA regulated and protected) fresh air and a cool drink of (public utility provided) water will help.

This tax business smells like rotten meat. (unlike the FDA approved beef) The real problem is government greed. That is our enemy that needs to have the full weight of our (very well federally funded, and stocked with the latest technologically advanced hardware, with lifetime benefits, free government run health care, college education provided, with retirement) military brought to bear.

I guess I'll be putting up with these god forsaken taxes till I am a (social security, disability, and medicare recipient) old man.

I show them when I just quit earning a income they can tax! (and then collect unemployment, welfare, medicare, COBRA, food stamps, WIC, and live in subsidized housing)

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You actually think a majority of our taxes help us?

Well hell, you're a hell of a lot less cynical than I. But quite a bit more gullible.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Not to derail your sarcastic rant, but in your clip from Life of Brian, most if not all thise things existed in Judea before the Romans got there. Also, most of your tax money goes towards military spending and pork pork pork.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

A high majority of your tax money goes to paying off the interest that the Federal Reserve charges for use of their notes.

Its a sham.

Here is a really good thread written my Protoplasmic Traveler:

Tax Day April 15...

[edit on 4/16/2010 by dalan.]

new topics

top topics

join