It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Warns: Peak Oil in 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beancounter72
Check out Rense.com for interesting refutation of the peak oil theory.

Now there's a credible source!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
______beforeitsnews/story/33696/The_Shadow_Inventory,_Oil_Shortage_Warning,_Gold_Tops_All_Monies_and_More.html

A leading research institute is warning of crippling oil shortages within the next five years. They have a vested interest in getting the projection right… as they’re an arm of the world’s biggest oil consumer, the U.S. military.

"By 2012, surplus oil production capacity could entirely disappear, and as early as 2015, the shortfall in output could reach nearly 10 million barrels per day," says the report from the U.S. Joint Forces Command.

The resulting economic slowdown “would exacerbate other unresolved tensions, push fragile and failing states further down the path toward collapse and perhaps have serious economic impact on both China and India."

And this scenario doesn’t even take into account more immediate factors -- also directly affecting the U.S. military -- that could drive oil from $85 to $220 in no time. If you haven’t read that side of the story yet, better do so now.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by time91

Hey man, thanks for giving me an opportunity to vent. None of my vitriol was directed at you individually, just the PO crowd in general. When you've got the Alex Jones crowd saying NWO/ limitless oil supply and the Kunstler/ Ruppert crowd saying no NWO/ peak oil supply, it's nice to know there are other PO/NWO types out there.

(It almost seems that way by design to confuse people, but I'm probably just paranoid....)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
this is what WILL happen

in 2010 the value of the dollar will slip by 30-50% by end of 2010.

in exact symetrical colloration to this the value of oil will rise to hundred dollars a barrel or more.

just watch this happen i promise.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrbond009

Wouldn't be surprised at all if this did happen. We are printing money so fast and bailing out people on the side (just bailed out someone with 400 billion but no one knows who). Soon the stimulus money won't be propping up the economy and we'll go into the double dip and if they print more money possibly hyper-inflation. Oil will kill the global economy because no one will be able to afford it.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

"guilding a turd"

OMG I almost pissed my pants...and I have a broken leg...can't run to the bathroom.

Thanks for the laugh and I agree. I'll be starting a thread about False Environmental Prophets in a few days...look for it...a bit more research to do

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by time91

Is a myth or a mission impossible?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Way back when... what is now the UK experienced a shortage of wood then they discovered coal. The discovery of coal kicked off the industrial revolution. As coal became more and more difficult to mine the price rose and the search for a new energy source was on. Then "they" discovered oil.

What next?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike6158

Natural Gas for a 20+ year span maybe. Really, we should be going nuclear and solar (IMO) as much as possible, but then profits would go down, undermining the corporatocracy. It would make a lot more sense for everyone but oil companies.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Its a scam just like global warming to get money thats all it is.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GusterNukked

Possibly, if the new abiotic theory of oil is right, but our government is still acting like peak oil is very real... Look at where we send troops, and who we attack.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tylermbell
reply to post by unityemissions

in economics, rising gas prices = better economy

only found a quick source, but its a textbook answer.

Wow!!

I hope you realize that what you just said made no sense, and if school textbooks truly are teaching this, please don't believe it. It's propaganda. I mean, do you realize WHY gas prices rise as consumer confidence goes up
It's because the system is a scam. Economics is a sham as is currently setup. It doesn't benefit the people, only the elite.

Another way of saying it is that this is showing a correlation, but not causation. It's trying to condition people to thinking this is just the way it is, so all is well.
The reason the price goes up is because of supply/demand, which basically is a cut-throat philosophy. If I can rip the people off .. I will. If they can't handle it without and will form an uprising, I have gone to far. Off of this, supply/demand bs gets programmed into people. It's not to entice people not to purchase as much, or to increase efficiency, it's TO PROFIT AND CONTROL.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It's not whether we actually run out of oil, it's oil shortages that could cripple the U.S, and those are very real, perhaps even manufactured.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It,s a scam made up by the Gov, and the oil companies.so we will pay 10.00-15.00 dollars a gallon. and give them the right to declare marshal law.who really knows what these crooks have in mind? all i know is that in 1999 here in michigan they found the biggest pocket of natural gas,they claimed it would keep the whole country going for 100 years then after the 9/11 fix, Bush claims we were out of all natural gas, and the gas companies of the state keep there mouth shut. so they must have somthing dasterdly on there munchkin mind's. so keep buying silver and gold trinket's, jewlry and coins that can not be traced and stolen from you bye Uncle Sam.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Whether or not oil is abiogenetic and Peak Oil is a myth, the fact remains that no one advancing either theory is in a position of influence or power. Consequently, governments and oil companies are free continue operating as they were and are - under the assumption of biogenetic oil and Peak Oil. Theories which challenge the official doctrine/established paradigm/mainstream belief/status quo are overwhelmingly rejected out-of-hand by the scientific community, government, policy-makers, and established industry players, regardless of its merits.

Anthropogenic global warming, for example, had almost no acceptance outside certain scientific circles until about a decade ago, now the opposite is true - only a small number refute it and it is regarded by the majority as undisputed fact. Whether it is "true" and to what extent are irrelevant here - no one is disputing that today anthropogenic global warming enjoys near-complete mainstream acceptance. This is not so much because of a rigorous educating-and-informing campaign based on factual evidence (that's not to say there is none)but a packaging-and-selling campaign based on mass-marketing and persuasion. Dishonesty with the public is of course not limited to this subject - but that's a different discussion. The point is that a theory's truth-value is irrelevant if scientific, governmental, and business forces push it enough. They set the agenda and policy, truth be damned.

Even if someone could produce scientifically irrefutable evidence for the abiotic oil theory (I'm not implying no one has - perhaps I'm simply unaware of it), or nuclear fission, or free energy, et al, without the support of mainstream forces it would not gain widespread acceptance on its own merits.

If - and it's not a big if - the world does not alter its current energy policy, we will most likely experience Peak Oil - that it doesn't need to be so won't matter in the least when we're living it. If they want it to be, it will be.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
WTF? Do they really think we're this fried in the brain? Or are they just showing us how mentally handicapped they consider us to be?
Did most of the people in this thread miss what is actually still hapnin
in the gulf?

It's over. I can't even begin to understand anything anymore.

No save' el nade" el com pre hende ah-la el porfa vorya mi commarodya!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

This thread was started way before what happened in the gulf...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Peak oil, eh? So glad they capped that fractured sea floor. Now comes the globalwarmingcapntradepeakoilhoax™ consortium. They couldn't wait to clean up the little embarrassment which threatened to raise the price of the secret of the abiotic oil supply. Now come the arguments against Rense etc., since, obviously, it's not as if the most 'powerful name in ruse' is going to explore the truth. Everyone knows that all those crazy abiotic sites are anti-semitic. Guilt by association. Maybe they can make a 3 strike rule for those who exhibit mental illness, and who insist on proving it by speaking? 3 mentally ill derived remarks and you're out. No internet license for you.

So when the net gets hi-jacked by, what is it now, a corporate take over, will we be more content when a search for abiotic oil yields no results? Or when no one even dare attempt a search? The latter may be where they're heading with this. I gotta hand it to Ayn Rand (not gb's corporate take on her). She selected names for the good guys like Francisco D'Anconia. Hank Rearden. John Galt. Dagny Taggart.

For the bad guys...Drippy Munn. Ellsworth Toohey. Petey Keating.

Yeah, hey ellsworth, your time has come, and it's about over.

Not that we ought waste oil. There's nothing to say that our demand doesn't outstrip even an abiotic source of oil. However, this is simply a propaganda route tptb must pursue in order to establish a nwo. Telescreens going to be interesting to watch, like a live televised trial, a trial of the faces you'll be asked to believe. Do they at media really doubt they'll be responsible for their every word? I'd say so. I know I know my perspective is really running on fumes, except I do see the consequence of telling lies. There's something eternal about us, our paths, and that rope doesn't change just because you're about to die. They will be held responsible for their every word, as will we all. I guess that after the 911 media job, they think nothing of promoting stuff like this. It's in the great war books, somewhere, that you tell the biggest lie (911) and after that all the smaller ones are like eating gumdrops. Simple, even relaxing, compared to the feelings they got when looking at their 911 scripts and knowing the truth. By Gosh...it'd be like leaving a whorehouse after having worked there for decades, and then marrying tiny lovestruck virgin Joe. They don't feel a thing. Joe wouldn't know one way or another.

There is so much evidence to the contrary re peak oil. Land wells refilling. Radioactive 'fossil fuel' in the middle of nowhere, miles deep. Mile after mile of tankers carrying cheap oil awaiting for the 'shortage' rollout. I guess it is all about control. I do believe, though, that people will find alternative sources of fuel. Slowly perhaps, but this is really all about cap and trade legislation, as many pointed out. One would think they'd concentrate on synchronizing traffic systems rather than trying to spy on our hands, when we swelter in traffic jams, breathing fumes. People like to tweet, so let's tempt them into it on the road, and then bust them. Those who drive smaller vehicles will be harmed or killed because of the twits tweeting every stray impulse, as they were taught to do. If they can't afford a car with auto braking when the sensors indicate something's in front of them, they'll crash. The first to call the police usually wins, has better control of the situation.

Those in the south, remember to cash out your legislators, and then do it again when the new group becomes the same as the old group. It takes only minutes, so start to force some early elections on them. We ought also eliminate the mega retirements that government elected ones are so used to. They don't care because 1) blackmail works, and 2) they can retire with a ton of money even after serving 1 term. They are your servants, so they take very good care of themselves since the term has been perverted. Perhaps the oil fracture was a blessing in disguise; it may serve to start a trend of throwing the bums out, each time we cast our voice... at electronic voting machines. May the trend spread as far as corexit and it's economic ruin, and beyond.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by time91

This thread was started way before what happened in the gulf...

Oh ok,... well why isn't it in the predictions and prophecies forum then?

[edit on 10-8-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Peak oil termination gives justification to price rise, we the consumer the suckers pay for it and all above us makes lots and lots of buckaroos $$$

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join