It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enoch, Hall of Records?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Enoch, Hall of Records?

Disclaimer: I know this has been talked about, but I wanted to re-explore this topic and get maybe get some new input on the subject. I'm not presenting anything as fact necessarily because I can't verify all of the sources for which I am using to help gather material. Not to mention, I'd rather not argue with theologians and others over the validity of the Book of Enoch, blah, blah, blah. However, I do believe that regardless of the source, there is much evidence to atleast suggest that there may be a Hall of Records and Enoch and/or his son Methuselah stored important writings there.

In the Corpus Hermeticum—a body of treatises compiled from older materials toward the beginning of the Christian Era—we find in one of the works, the "Virgin of the World," these words:

"The sacred symbols of the cosmic elements, the secrets of Osiris, were hid away carefully. Hermes (the Greek equivalent to Thoth-Djehutis), before his return to Heaven, invoked a spell on them, and spoke these words: O holy books which have been made by my immortal hands, by incorruption's magic spell, remain free from decay throughout eternity and incorrupt by time. Become unseeable, unfindable, from everyone whose foot shall tread the plains of this land, until old Heaven shall bring instruments to you, whom the Creator shall call His souls. Thus spake he, and laying the spells on them by means of his works, he shut them safe away in their rooms. And long has been the time since they were hid away."

The Jewish historian Josephus recorded that Enoch had once built an underground temple of nine vaults, one beneath the other, placing within tablets of gold. His son, Methuselah, also worked on the construction project, putting in the brick walls of the vaults according to his father's plans.

The Freemasons, based on ancient traditions going back to the Age of King Solomon of Israel, predict that someday a man will locate this buried vault, and that he will be "an Initiate after the order of Enoch."

I'm not sure about the source that I'm referencing here, however, his claims are accurate according to what I've read in other places as well.

www.forgottenagesresearch.com...

There are many well known correlations between Enoch and Hermes. It is well documented that the ancient Greeks regarded Hermes and Thoth as one and the same.

Having recently read the Book of Enoch there are many striking similarities.

On heavenly books:

Enoch 81:1 And he said unto me: 'Observe, Enoch, these heavenly tablets, And read what is written thereon, And mark every individual fact.' 2 And I observed the heavenly tablets, and read everything which was written (thereon) and understood everything, and read the book of all the deeds of mankind, and of all the children of the flesh

The Book of Enoch in regards to Enoch's son Methusalah:

Enoch 81:5 And those seven holy ones (archangels) brought me and placed me on the earth before the door of my house, and said to me: 'Declare everything to thy son Methuselah, and show to all thy children that no 6 flesh is righteous in the sight of the Lord, for He is their Creator.

82:1 And now, my son Methuselah, all these things I am recounting to thee and writing down for thee, and I revealed to thee everything, and given thee books concerning all these: so preserve, my son Methuselah, the books from thy father's hand, and (see) that thou deliver them to the generations of the world.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

P.s.

The psychic Edgar Cayce predicted that the Hall of Records lay between the Great pyramid and the Sphinx. Hawass Zahi, the head of egyptian archeaology (for all intents and purposes) blindly and blatantly refutes the idea of a Hall of Records existing. Which to me is foolish considering the new finds that occur year after year. I believe much is to be discovered in due time. Hawass can be found in videos on youtube drilling under the sphinx "to prove that there isn't an underground chamber. However, ancients writings and depictions of the Sphinx show it to be sitting on a base or pedestal of some kinds with an entrance and six steps.

Thanks for reading, please add or refute anything that you can regarding this thread in a friendly manner. I am doing my own research to attempt to back up a theory I have concerning common roots to all ancient civilizations. I look forward to everyone's input.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by lambs to lions]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Very interesting .

Also worth noting there are a few esoteric circles that make the claim that Enoch erected two pillars , one of Ivory and one os stone , if I remember correctly .. It is told that Enoch erected these pillars and wrote on each of them a knowledge of things . His reason , to protect and preserve that knowledge from the coming deluge of noah , which Enoch was foretold of by God .

Interesting to see a similar tail of Enoch with regards to preserving a knowledge .

Some have also said that Enoch was one in the same as the Egyptian god Thoth .

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I have read something on that as well. I believe there are two or more versions. The one I read told of Seth being the builder to the two columns. Although, some theorize that Seth is one and the same as the egyptian's Set. Furthermore, that Set is Thoth, and Thoth is Enoch. There seems to be a lot of information recorded in history on the subject. It's all about digging through it all I guess.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Very informative thread! I personally think there's a lot more to this than myth. Nobody knows for sure. I like the POV of the OP.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hermetic philosophy is an extremely interesting subject. The clues as to the nature of the 'hidden' knowledge is scattered about in many different texts and traditions. Even world-class geniuses like Newton was obsessed with this knowledge which he pursued relentlessly for much of his life.

Great thread!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I can certainly see how he could. It seems as though everytime you believe you have the most miniscule of ideas defined, something comes along and makes you question yourself.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
The psychic Edgar Cayce predicted that the Hall of Records lay between the Great pyramid and the Sphinx. Hawass Zahi, the head of egyptian archeaology (for all intents and purposes) blindly and blatantly refutes the idea of a Hall of Records existing.

And rightly so.

His (his name is Zahi Hawass) denial is based on several different investigations (all by non-Egyptian teams) of the substrata under the Sphinx monument.

They didn't find anything there.

However, ancients drawings and depictions of the Sphinx show it to be sitting on a base or pedestal of some kinds with an entrance and six steps.

That is simply a falsehood.

There are no "ancients drawings" depicting this.

Please deal in reality rather than your own uninformed fantasies.

Thanks for reading, please add or refute anything that you can regarding this thread in a friendly manner.

Oops! Too late. I just read your "friendly manner" command.

I wonder what it is that allows you to exert control over others the way you tried to do with that admonition.

Anyway, if you say you're looking into this (the Sphinx - "Hall of Records" - not necessarily Enoch), you need go no further than the search function right here at ATS. This subject is more beaten than a dead horse - or whatever.

Harte

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Perhaps there is a Hall of Records dealing with archaic knowledge of technologies, but I also think there is a Hall of Records dealing with individual people.

All churches keep records of their people---both geneologies and deeds. The LDS church has the most extensive geneological library and much of the info includes many people who were never Mormon.

According to 2 Chronicles 31, genealogies recording the progeny of households, were for the purpose of establishing what people owed to the Temple and the Levite priests. This one chapter shows how tithe burdens and "free will" offerings were levied on the people accordingly.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
IN RESPONSE TO HARTE:

So apparently you missed the entire point of my thread. Since you missed it, it is about comparisons betweens the egyptian 'diety' Thoth and the biblical Enoch. These comparisons are made through writings by the ancient historian Josephus, among other ancient text in relation to Enoch.

I never said I backed Cayce on his predictions. But, I don't understand why Hawass would write the idea of a Hall of Records off outright.
There are writings and early depictions of the Sphinx sitting on a platform, one of which is in the Louvre. I have been able to find one, however, it is labeled with a "copyright" I decided it best not to post. I will however, provide snippets of writings to support my post.

As for your angst, and the way you take offense to someone simply trying to inspire productive and friendly debate, which you call "a command", I don't know what to say....well, I think it is silly to act so tough sitting behind your computer monitor. I apologize for my attempts to "oppress" you. Perhaps you should read the T & C again....

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I find the hall of records a very fascinating subject. The tomb of Hermes, which is supposed to be located under the Giza plateau, is my bet for where they are stored.

I don't believe that Hermes corresponds to Enoch, though. Hermes corresponds to the archangel Gabriel and the Egyptian god Thoth/Anubis. And if Thoth hid those reords, then no one will find them until he wants them to be found.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Good point. I myself am not sure and have no evidence that there is a hall of records. Thanks for your input, the Vatican Archives would be another example.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

I like the way you think. True, they wouldn't be found until they were destined to by revealed. I disagree on the Hermes point. Hermes being the messenger of the gods. Enoch being the same as far as a messenger of the Gods. The ancient greeks often equated Thoth as one and the same as "their" Hermes. I

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Interesting you bring up angles , it is also said that Enoch was transformed into the angle Metatron when he , Enoch , walked with God .

As for his possible Egyptian connection , I have read that some credit Enoch for being the brains behind the construction of the great pyramid .

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

As for his possible Egyptian connection , I have read that some credit Enoch for being the brains behind the construction of the great pyramid .[/

According to the Book of Enoch, Enoch would have possesed the divine knowledge to accomplish such a feat. As would his son, Methuselah.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

Interesting you bring up angles , it is also said that Enoch was transformed into the angle Metatron when he , Enoch , walked with God .

As for his possible Egyptian connection , I have read that some credit Enoch for being the brains behind the construction of the great pyramid .

And interestingly enough, The Emerald Tablet of Thoth reads that not only has Thoth traveled the heavens and the astral realms, but that Thoth was the one who was the brains behind the pyramid.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

And interestingly enough, The Emerald Tablet of Thoth reads that not only has Thoth traveled the heavens and the astral realms, but that Thoth was the one who was the brains behind the pyramid.

Thank you , I was trying to remember that name " The Emerald Tablet "

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Star & Flag -My favorite subject. It always gets me thinking.

I too recognize the links between Enoch, Hermes, Thoth, the Emerald Tablets. Looking forward to more discussion on this.

I wanted to share also the Hawass-Sphinx issue with regard to finding the Hall of Records.

Hawass "pretended" to drill under the Sphnix in his usual showman ship style. But Houston, We have a problem! Hawass is drilling under the LEFT paw, when Cayce said it was the RIGHT paw. Besides that fact they only drilled 10 meters at an angle only looking for water. But hey according to Hawass this ends the mystery of any chamber because they found nothing.

• Under the right paw is only the connecting chamber.
  • The Hall of Records is located between the Sphinx and the Nile River, not under the Sphinx

Call Indiana Jones - cause their looking in the wrong location.

ALSO:

Don't forget the "records" are in 3 locations.

Cayce:

"It would be well if this entity were to seek either of the three phases of the ways and means in which those records of the activities of individuals were preserved -- the one in the Atlantean land, that sank, which will rise and is rising again; another in the place of the records that leadeth from the Sphinx to the hall of records, in the Egyptian land; and another in the Aryan or Yucatan land, where the temple there is overshadowing same. (2012-1; Sep 25, 1939)"

"Q: Give in detail what the sealed room contains.

A: A record of Atlantis from the beginning of those periods when the Spirit took form, or began the encasements in that land; and the developments of the peoples throughout their sojourn; together with the record of the first destruction, and the changes that took place in the land; with the record of the sojournings of the peoples and their varied activities in other lands, and a record of the meetings of all the nations or lands, for the activities in the destruction of Atlantis; and the building of the pyramid of initiation, together with whom, what, and where the opening of the records would come, that are as copies from the sunken Atlantis. For with the change, it [Atlantis] must rise again. In position, this lies -- as the sun rises from the waters -- as the line of the shadows (or light) falls between the paws of the Sphinx; that was set later as the sentinel or guard and which may not be entered from the connecting chambers from the Sphinx's right paw until the time has been fulfilled when the changes must be active in this sphere of man's experience. Then [it lies] between the Sphinx and the river. (378-16; Oct 29, 1933)"

Looking forward to more discussion on the subject of Enoch and the Hall of Records because I believe he was the builder of the Pyramids.

Havingto wait "until the time is right" to locate the records is killing me. With our luck it is 2012, which will then tie in all the Mayan prophecy.

"As above so below". I believe that this refers to "when the time is right".

That right time is most likely:

"In position, this lies -- as the sun rises from the waters -- as the line of the shadows (or light) falls between the paws of the Sphinx; that was set later as the sentinel or guard and which may not be entered from the connecting chambers from the Sphinx's right paw until the time has been fulfilled when the changes must be active in this sphere of man's experience. Then [it lies] between the Sphinx and the river. (378-16; Oct 29, 1933)"

I guess it time to get out the Stellarium and google maps and find out just when exactly is the sun going to set exactly btween the Sphinx's paws perfectly.

Thanks for the posting a great topic for discussion.

Source: Cayce Info on Dreamscape

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Julie Washington]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Yes! Hawass was just putting on a show! Not only were they drilling under the wrong paw, it appeared they were just drilling a few feet into the ground. It was obviously just for show and they weren't making a real effort. It certainly is frustrating because if there is a Hall of Records I can't imagine the knowledge that we could benefit from. Their blatant denial and lack of interest in such an important discovery tells me that there is something going on....maybe the truth is just around the corner.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
With regard to "hidden knowledge".

We must remember that important knowledge was only shared with those worthy to not use the knowledge for personal gain.

That is why "this important knowledge" has been lost over time. And that is why Enoch chose to save this knowledge for the future. He knew that 1,000's of years later this knowledge would be lost and that it needed to be recorded and saved for a future man to rediscover once it was forgotten.

Manley Hall has some great recordings about why important knowledge was only shared with those worthy of using this knowledge for the right purpose. I haven't listened to all his recordings yet. But he is right. Important knowledge in the wrong hands can be very destructive.

Some people think, why can't we have this knowledge and have it now! Think about how important this knowledge is and if it were in the wrong hands how it could be abused.

Me thinks the Vatican may have some of this important knowledge as well as maybe some secret societies. If you think about it, if the Vatican has some of this knowledge, it would give them the power they seek. They could be using this knowledge: "their direct communication to God", to preach (brainwash) the public in believing their cause and donating money.

I could go on, but won't. I think you get my drift.

I think the Cayce readings are an important clue to finding this lost knowledge, but I guess we must wait "until the time is right".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join