It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atavism in humans: proof for evolution?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I think ERV's are far better proof of evolution.

However, my thread on it was completely ignored so I don't know..

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
thats all gravy, what this means whether genetic traits are active or not is that we didnt evolve and that similar structures in creatures hold similar structure in dna, those lymphocytes that were here supposedly millions of years aho are similar in structure to my lymph cells today so they are going to hold approximately the same dna structure and percentage 0.2 percent in pore structure in dna in a human equals 0.2 percent of the same structure in dna. just because we share common atributes doesnt mean we evolved, take humans who share the same looking nose they may come fromgermany or where ever but there nose dodnt change from hungarian to german with out that dna being put into the genepool through sex. procreation thats how physical features change to a certain degree and as far as im aware the only way that a creature can change out of the normality would be if one creature mated with a completely different species. so a male human would have to mate with a monkey for that monkey to get a human looking fetus.right? and that isnt possble do to evolution is it? and for two species to mate wouldnt that mean that the supposed chromosomes would have had to change from lets say 14 to 13 how does one simply just lose the amount of information that is held in the chromosomes.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paradoxos
thats all gravy, what this means whether genetic traits are active or not is that we didnt evolve and that similar structures in creatures hold similar structure in dna, those lymphocytes that were here supposedly millions of years aho are similar in structure to my lymph cells today so they are going to hold approximately the same dna structure and percentage 0.2 percent in pore structure in dna in a human equals 0.2 percent of the same structure in dna. just because we share common atributes doesnt mean we evolved, take humans who share the same looking nose they may come fromgermany or where ever but there nose dodnt change from hungarian to german with out that dna being put into the genepool through sex. procreation thats how physical features change to a certain degree and as far as im aware the only way that a creature can change out of the normality would be if one creature mated with a completely different species. so a male human would have to mate with a monkey for that monkey to get a human looking fetus.right? and that isnt possble do to evolution is it? and for two species to mate wouldnt that mean that the supposed chromosomes would have had to change from lets say 14 to 13 how does one simply just lose the amount of information that is held in the chromosomes.

You seem to have a misunderstanding of evolution, here's a link that might help.
science.howstuffworks.com...
But shortly, very small changes would eventually lead to a male human becoming more and more different along with a bunch of others before speciation can occur, that way they can have formidable mates.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
im saying evolution is all wrong maybe you dont understand how would a tail get shorter for no reason at all with out the necessary genes in the gene pool think out side the box there is a different explanation instead of genetic evolution.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

im saying evolution is all wrong maybe you dont understand how would a tail get shorter for no reason at all with out the necessary genes in the gene pool think out side the box there is a different explanation instead of genetic evolution.

What do you mean for no reason? Why would we need tails now?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
we wouldnt we never had tails your looking at evolution like its fact its not you said your self its just a theory so we never had tails evolution is still theory and just cause we have similar genetics to a monkey doesnt mean that we're monkeys right? if its just a theory we shouldnt take it like its fact.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

we wouldnt we never had tails your looking at evolution like its fact its not you said your self its just a theory so we never had tails evolution is still theory and just cause we have similar genetics to a monkey doesnt mean that we're monkeys right? if its just a theory we shouldnt take it like its fact.

Please read up on the difference between a scientific theory and a layman theory. You say that evolution is "wrong" and not "fact" yet you stumble at the first hurdle by being ignorant of scientific method.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

We aren't monkeys.
We're apes.
Please, read that link I put in my other post, you clearly haven't read it yet.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

you use scientific theory by studying nature we get it, but what if your thinking just isnt up to par with whats really going on, we only ave portions of our dna that are the same. so if monkeys and humans have the same looking nose its because of the dna holds a copy of the same looking nose not necessarily because we evolved. prrve through science without linking to a different website, that beyond a resonable doubt that we evolved. no proof just supposed evidence, that we evolved and guess what i can throw out bull# evidence in court too, but do you think that, that would be fair.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join