ATSLive! Show Number 2 - Podcast version now available!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Springer, i agree with your stance on war and biz..completely.
thanks for making me feel not alone in that.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
What is confusing now is what does the USA stand for now? to go to fight for what ideals now?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Just need a spark, maybe this will be it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Could be a BIG spark.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sadly, I'm turning this off soon!

I don't like to listen to brainwashed American war propaganda/Iraqi war apologists!

I'm sorry! I think it's just sad.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Tonight's show was sorta interesting but

I would like to see more topics discussed on future shows

in a 3 hour show you could cover at least 3 topics.

and perhaps next show could be current events,

like the quakes and volcanoes and the stoppage of air traffic

or something current at least.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

My thoughts at first too - but overall, a well-balanced discussion with airtime for all. Frustrating that the sound cuts out tho, esp when nefermore is speaking. [Also admit I have trouble distinguishing characters - maybe more reminders of who's who?]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It's sort of comforting to realize even ATS mods can be wrong sometimes.....(not saying who though, I'm not THAT dumb
)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Tonight's show was sorta interesting but

I would like to see more topics discussed on future shows

in a 3 hour show you could cover at least 3 topics.

and perhaps next show could be current events,

like the quakes and volcanoes and the stoppage of air traffic

or something current at least.

WORD!

I agree totally with you!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Brilliant debate tonight. I'm thoroughly enjoying it, wrinkles and all.

Truly shows that staff are not a monolithic entity at all, but have very different opinons.

Of course, I already knew that, but this show has brought that understanding to anyone who took the time to listen.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Semper zazz still loves you my little right wing republican lovin a gun totin babe

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow[Also admit I have trouble distinguishing characters - maybe more reminders of who's who?]

I want to second the request for more reminders of who's who -- if possible including both ATS screen names and real names? I know who a bunch of you are by both, but not all

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Need more opinions like Intrepid's for balance against the strong pro bush side.

And of course... More Cow Bell!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

More cow bell LOL

Yeah, I like the debate. And in response to a previous post, I think Iraq and Afganistan ARE current events. We are STILL there.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Question: Notice how the commercials for the army and air force start out looking like video games and /or sci-fi movies??

They don't stress patriotism, but how cool and neat it would be.

[edit on 17/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Question: Notice how the commercials for the army and air force start out looking like video games and /or sci-fi movies??

They don't stress patriotism, but how cool and neat it would be.

Wanna play a game?

A lot of the kids we send over there literally left their X-Box and/or PlayStation controllers moments before leaving their homes.

The intentionally blurred distinction between a violent video game and real life war is exploited fully by the US military.

I wonder how real the war is to the kids we send over there?

Is there really that much difference between pulling the trigger on a real gun aimed at real people and pushing a button that does the same in a virtual violent video game in the mind of an 18 to 20 year old kid?

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well done - successful 2nd week!

Looking forward to next one...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Right! A few years ago I worked with a kid who just got back from Iraq, and he thought it was sooo cool how guys heads popped when shot. He laughed when talking about watching a village getting blown up!

I realize many ppl join for good and honorable reasons but some of the young just get pulled in for way wrong reasons.

The commercials are trying to get the kids playing the games --watching the movies and think its cool.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Good show folks.

I think the Iraq thing dragged on a bit though.

Good, heated debates though. Im glad you guys are not all in the same studio, there would be a brawl.

G.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Another good show, gang. Sent a couple of U2U's for a suggestion of a second style format. Technical glitches overall were not as bad as last week, despite how it may have felt while on air. And I think that music selection was better received this week.

Keep up the good work.

CX

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the show everyone, another good listen.

Only suggestion from tonight would be if we could have a few more topics discussed, maybe half an hour each so we get a few things to talk about?

Tonights was a good show, but i think some were eager to move on to other topics.

Appreciate the passionate debate though, it's really good getting an insight into the person behind the avatar.

Thank you.

CX.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join