It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Sci-Fi Character?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I was thinking about this the other day... I am a massive fan of Sci-fi... I love the escapism and the stories!!!

There have been so many GREAT characters over the years... Captain Kirk, Han Solo, Roy Batty, Ed209, Q... I could go on all day...

So... Film, Book, TV Series, Human, Alien, Robot, Cyborg or whatever, doesn’t matter... who is your favourite Sci-Fi Character and why?

At the moment... my vote would go to Dr Walter Bishop from the Fringe series...

www.imdb.com...

John Noble's performance, to bring this character to life, is second to none in my opinion!

Amazing bit of work has gone into this character... Dr Bishop has a very dark past, sometimes reminding me almost of the evil Nazi scientists from the 1930's and 40's... but, since his mental breakdown, has turned into an innocent, almost childlike character!
Couple this with his amazing intelligence, the writers have given us a character that you cannot help but love... Raising moral and ethical questions in my own mind about forgiveness and punishment!!

Great work!

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Han Solo had quite a big influence on my life, almost like the most important role model in my life from the ages of 3 to 8, he's just such a cool character, with a cool gun who gets the princess.

Luke always seemed a bit whiney to me and I would always play Han Solo as a kid. I remember at primary school writing about Han Solo and my teacher told me I had spelt the name wrong, she corrected it to Hans Olo. I knew shew was wrong, but at five years old I didnt debate the issue, but never forgot my teachers mistake. I think I was upset not only had she misspelt Han solo's name but had never seen star wars.

I was under the impression star wars was required viewing from the age of 3. I still have a mistrust of anyone who hasn't seen star wars

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I was under the impression star wars was required viewing from the age of 3

It is in my house... And if i was a politician i would make it law and introduce it into the education curriculum

No, seriously...

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Has anyone read any alister reynolds, cause ive allways liked calvin from his revelation space univece (demachists ftw). rodney mckay from stargate atlantis is also a favorate of mine, oh and Nova from the comic of the same name.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
John Crichton (From Farscape) is probably one of the coolest sci-fi humans in all of history. Played by Ben Browder, who I got to meet in person. Pretty cool guy, down to earth, although not a good idea to bring the girlfriend around him, as she was apparently drooling the entire time..lol.. had to tell her that I was still physically there. Anyway, pretty cool character from a TV show.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
mine would be the character from sw boba fett and for st i would like to say kirk who is better than spock

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Captain Malcolm Reynolds...though River Tam is a close second...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Well, from movies, Han Solo is the best choice. He's sort of a cultural icon overall so I'm gonna give you my second favorite, behind the great solo.

Mike O'neal from John Ringo's "Legacy of the Aldenata" series is my favorite.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
my favorite sci-fi character of all time is captain picard.

make it so!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Hands down Darth Vader.

2nd would be Stewie, from Family Guy, and his timeless portrayal of Darth Vader.

Honorable Mention would be Deckard from Blade Runner, Mal from Firefly / Serenity, Ripley from the Alien movies, among many others.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Yoda, from Star Wars, hands down....(still the only Jedi to die of old age in all of the films...heck, even most of the books)...

He made it through the Clone Wars, the Jedi Purge, the Empire, etc. (and no telling before all of that...). Took on Sith Lords, even the Emperor...and without losing any appendages as so many Jedi seem to do...

Yoda is da man....

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

See now...

Your sales pitch on Yoda is so darned effective that you've actually got me wanting to amend my list!

Thinking about it, I never cheered when Darth Vader fought, but when Yoda came out with that green lightsaber and started bounding around like a moth with ADD....

I have to retract, concur, and say it's Yoda at #1 with post-lava Vader at #2.

*edited to say this was supposed to be a reply to Gazrok but apparently I managed to screw something that simple totally up... Now I'm online researching "heavy metal poisoning" because, well, because of this!* Well that and I've learned to diagnose myself by watching 'House'"

[edit on 8/18/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The Doctor from Galifay,the last of his kind w/ his Tardis he travels and is well know by greats such as Winston Churchill,HRH Queen Victoria,and even Vincent Van Gogh. Who?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well Neo, of course.

What a dreamboat.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

(in his best "Bill" accent, from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure)

"No way...bogus!"

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

OH, and let's not forget Morpheus.

And

Jack and Kate and Hurley and Sawyer and Lock and Sun and Vincent.
(Yes, they were all GHOSTS!)
hehe

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

You left out the absolute BEST Lost character....Ben Linus!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I read the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy over and over when I was young, and mainly identified with Marvin the paranoid android

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I guess this would be more of a fantasy character then a Sci-fi, but I'd have to vote for Drizzt, he's a complicated dude with lots of issues yet he still manages to be a decent person, pretty groovy. Otherwise, I'd say Data is pretty cool, I find it neat that he's an android who's often more human then the people around him, and he doesn't even realize it.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
First i would go with captain Kirk
Second the Doctor(9th and 10th)
and third Rodney Mckay from Stargate Atlantis

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join