It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysia suspends gasoline supplies to Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Malaysia suspends gasoline supplies to Iran

www.spacedaily.com

Malaysia's state oil company has suspended gasoline supplies to Iran, Prime Minister Najib Razak said here Thursday, calling on Tehran to review its controversial nuclear program.

The announcement of the suspension by Petronas came after Najib held talks with US President Barack Obama, who called for the world to move "boldly and quickly" on new Iran sanctions on the sidelines of a 47-nation nuclear security summit this week.

"It is a decision made by Petronas. They did consult with the government but they took the decision to suspend the sales," predominantly-Muslim Malaysia's l
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
And a war is about to start... coincidence? Maybe...

After all, ties are strong between Europe, US, Canada and Malaysia are strong...

Iran and Malaysia relations are quite something too... 1.43 billions in trade in 2008.

But Malaysia has refused to recognize Israel... and yet they do this? Probably they have immense political and economical threats from the US and Europe to do this.

www.spacedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Majority of Muslims in Malaysia are Sunnis. They act mainly on mainstream media. Some things they can do. Some things certainly not. It's not the first time they deny Iran. Couple of years ago, during an Asian aerospace show in Malaysia, they denied Iran entry.

Since Malaysia launched its 1Malaysia campaign (few months back), things look brighter in terms of multiracial harmony and economy. For some reason, I feel their current government taking step-by-step approach as advised by rich non-Muslim Chinese tycoons.

However, the Sunnis in Egypt regard Iranians as devils. This is because the Shiites produced 2 rogue religions: Bab faith and Baha'i faith. Not many Sunnis (non middle east) know about this fact.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This immediately makes me wonder what the US has over Malaysia for this to happen ?

Given the level of trade between the two nations (Iran and Malaysia), not HUUUGE but still significant nonetheless, this really does surprise me...

I'm sure China can pony up with the extra petrol the Iranians need...

Edit - for clarity

[edit on 16/4/2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

Probably the usual. Preffered status, subsidies, air base etc. etc.

Also the promise of buying all their gas helped to sweeten the deal.

Politics at their best.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

The article did state the decision was made on their own terms. I guess everything is automatically a conspiracy if it's remotely connected to the U.S. Don't be so quick to judge on what's going on when you and I have no "inside" knowledge of whats happening. Take what the article says and stick with it until something else arises. Anything else is void.

new topics

top topics

join