It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Nibiru exists, it should be inside our solar system by now

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 2bigghands

Actually no amateur astronomers are finding it. What is being reported are misunderstandings by novices looking up. Instead of saying what a neat atmospheric effect, or look at Mars, they are shouting great discovery. It's really weird.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

That Eris. It's not a planet. It's just larger than Pluto. It cannot be seen by the named eye and never comes close to the earth.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Don't confuse the Nemesis theory with Nibiru. They're drastically different. One predicts a brown dwarf companion to the sun that periodically moves through the Oort cloud dislodging comets and asteroids towards the inner solar system and is supported by science, while the other is a theory proposed by a woman who claims aliens implanted a communications device in her brain and that in 2012 something 4X the size of earth will come close to the planet.

Again, not the same thing, so don't confuse them.

The Nemesis theory allows for a catastrophe caused by a brown dwarf we may never detect because of an elliptical orbit well outside the inner solar system. No one has suggested that Nemesis is a 2012 event, but that it could be related to periodic mass extinctions. Many astronomers believe this to be entirely possible and actually more probable than a non-binary star system.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by okachobi]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
I haven't gone through the whole thread, but has anybody thought about this?

science.nasa.gov...

I mean, it would fit the description of what the Ancient Sumerians talked about. If I am not mistaken, they counted each heavenly body in their ultimate count. Nibiru would be number one, all the way down to Earth which would be 7, and then the Sun which would be 12. They also count the Moon as a heavenly body, and gave it the name of Luna.

This could be factored into the fact that the Mayans also had their long count calendar, and were very interested in astronomy. Perhaps the long count is the countdown to the day that Nibiru returns.

Yes I know it has been said many times before, but all the evidence is there if you read the translations of the Sumerian texts by Zechariah Sitchin, and also compare those stories to the Mayan legends as well. There are plenty of similarities.

But I am completely off topic.

So with that being said, perhaps that 10th planet that NASA found in 2005 is Nibiru. And that would indeed make it within our Solar System.

This is just my own humble opinion, so take it as you will.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

They're probably talking about Sedna, or another transneptunian object, none of which have been classified planets, but some are indeed larger than pluto.
EDIT: stereologist beat me to it, Eris it is!

[edit on 16-4-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Just as I thought. This whole Nibiru thing is a great big steaming pile of bull designed to scare people into spending more. SHOCKING.

Well we can toss this garbage onto the heap of silly fantasy stories along with global warming, the end of the world, and the war on terror.

Let's get real people shall we?

IMHO by 2012 everyone is going to be so damned sick and tired of this fear mongering garbage, we'll imprison anyone that starts to spew out this nonsense.

Enough is enough already.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Looking_Glass]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Looking_Glass
Just as I thought. This whole Nibiru thing is a great big steaming pile of bull designed to scare people into spending more. SHOCKING.

Well we can toss this garbage onto the heap of silly fantasy stories along with global warming, the end of the world, and the war on terror.

Let's get real people shall we?

IMHO by 2012 everyone is going to be so damned sick and tired of this fear mongering garbage, we'll imprison anyone that starts to spew out this nonsense.

Enough is enough already.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Looking_Glass]

What I think it is, is a distraction set not only to confuse others, but to demoralize when absolutely nothing happens of it, I think they've been doing this demoralizing with alot of other topics aswell.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Babylonians, Chinese, Egyptians, Greeks and Indians were busy looking at the skies and recording what they saw from around 2500BC. The first recorded eclipse is 2100BC. That leaves a window of 4000 years and none of these people made mention of a big 'something' zooming through the skies.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
You make a very valid point.

This should be the last time we lose time and focus on this ridiculous subject.

Seriously guys, if it does exist, we will find it eventually. If it threaten us big time, there is not much we ca do to prepare.

Godspeed

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Chadwickas

One of the times I got my butt rolled up in the county hooskow.

One inmate asked me," so what are you in for ?" I told him ,

" I'm infrared ". They could all still see me though.

Deny ignorance.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

Go to 34:55 to get to the part of interest...the Professor states: "we could be part of a double star system and we never would have noticed"...but you probably want to start a little before 34:55 to get a better understanding of what he's talking about...

EDIT: The professor is talking about Nemesis. Apparently it's a theory he developed which involves us having a double start system (binary star). The second star in our system is a Red Dwarf, and according to his theory it has an orbit of 26 million years.

[edit on 17/4/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I'm not buying into the whole Nibiru thing, but as a point of clarification, what place in the sky would something like this have to be in, in order for it to be the LEAST detectable by amateur astronomers?

It seems to me that if you see where the majority are looking, that's the least likely spot for it to be, because everyone is already looking there. The best place to approach would be the angle where the fewest people are looking - though I have no idea which angle that would be.

Any amateur astronomers out there that can help with this?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
not saying Nibiru is real or anything, but you cant always base how fast a planet(or brown dwarf in this case) would travel around how fast planets in our solar system travel.

I do agree, most astronomers would have spotted "something" by now. But you also can't deny the amount of global changes going on around us.

It may not be Nibiru, but whatever it is it sure is changing the Earth.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
but there must be some maximum speed allowable that a planet can have or maintain an orbit around another, and since time of arrival in 2012, this would then show the maximum distance that such an object would have.
also how far out could such an object be to change the gravitational effects for earth.

This object was seen presumably by the naked eyes of those in the past, within days or hours of major destuction events, so how close would it really have to be.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Nibiru isn't real!

1. It doesn't give off visible light. It's color temperature is below visible light. So via Plancks law, the radio intensity will be higher.

2. It doesn't give off visible light (actually it does give off very few but Quantum Cutoff kills the higher wavelengths). It's color temperature is below visible light. So any images showing "Nibiru" next to the sun, are not correct. I've seen a few of you say it doesn't reflect or give off light.

3. Radio telescopes such as the VLA or satellite based telescopes can "see" brown dwarfs, especially if they're very close and bigger than Jupiter at Jupiters distance from the Earth.

4. Brown Dwarfs are synchrotron (non-thermal emissions causes by relativistic electrons going around a circular path). They aren't thermal, therefore they give off radio waves.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
But you also can't deny the amount of global changes going on around us.

It may not be Nibiru, but whatever it is it sure is changing the Earth.

What you mean the Earths temperature doesn't rise and fall due to effects from the sun?!! My mind has been shattered!

FYI The Earth has been cooling down the last decade, not warming up.

Nibiru is a myth. All we have to do is figure out whose pocket book is benefiting from this silly lie.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Brutal thread.

Trying to make a model with wrong factors to formulate something he's already predisposed.

Stick with acting Hugh Jackman, you ruined wolverine. He's Canadian and 5'3.
I'm actually surprised with the amount of celebrities on this website at least they make an attempt to learn something.

The Prestige was alright I'll give you that......only so due to Tesla having been equated in it.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
We think we know? We only know our own perception. I think that our reality isnt this really. What you see now in front of you is just an image, when the rapture begins. That image you see freezes and raptures as a sheet of paper, it then rolls up seeing reality stilll going on only rolled up. And you pass on thru that rolled up image of reality we know now into .... i dont know..

It was just my imagination above, but that could have very well bin a imagination of Niburu. Its all speculation.
I actually want to delete this post, cause its stupid. But i post it anyways.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Seems to be a few members here who seem to misinterpret my thread as me proclaiming the figures and calculations are fact.

If this were the case I would have posted it in the Space Exploration forum and not 2012 forum.

I do have to laugh at this, people are scoffing at me using known figures of planets in our solar system (of which Nibiru is supposed to be a member right?), but fail to acknowledge that Nibiru is more than likely non-existent.

Yeah the speed is most likely wrong but that's why I've included figures from Mercury's speed as well, the fastest and closest planet to the sun, I don't see how a planet that spends most of it's orbit so far from the sun would move faster than Mercury.

So instead of calling me names and having a whinge, how about you show how I am wrong.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SednaShmedna
You clearly are talking out of your ass, because it is not as easy as you think..

Just my 2 cents

I never said it was easy.

I guess you're more amateur than others huh?

Neptune captured with a Mintron video using 96X integration mode @f/15.

Telescope 250mm Newtonian

www.myastroshop.com.au...

Imaging details:
Capture time: Aug 29, 2003 21:35 UT
Telescope: C8 @ f10
Camera: Vesta 675K SC1
Exposure: 16x10 sec K3CCDTools
Processed with K3CCDTools

arnholm.org...

So an eye for an eye.. Or a "garbage" thread for a "garbage" planet??

That doesn't really make sense considering chad's profile lists him as a "Silver Content Contributor with Simply Stunning Insight".

I think its more of a case of ego boosting through a blatant straw man..

How is this ego boosting?

Oh yeah I need two more applauses to reach GODLIKE WISDOM

Egotistical enough?

But I digress, how about you stop with the name calling and acting like a baby and attack the information provided instead of attacking me huh?

Can you manage that?

[edit on 17/4/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
the red dwarf is the coldest sun in the universe as far as we know of and scientest are thinking of making a new class of red dwarf called brown dwarf just for it but they are not sure yet.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join