It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"V" 2010 - New series

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Than k you for this thread! I LOVE V!

It is my favorite new show.

"Now my eggs need nourishment" bwahahaha! Best line ever! The look on the guys face, Priceless!

Anyway, I am saving the 80's series for after I watch this first season of current V.

I dont want to ruin my expectations.

i love how they incorporate these conspiracy theories into the show.

I particularly like how Anna and the fifth column are always trying to one up each other strategy wise.

UNFORTUNATELY no one I know watches this awesome show! I wish I knew of a V message board (I am a real dork like that, I love reading fan forums and stuff of my favorite shows.).

Thanks for this thread I loved reading everyone's comments on the show.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

UNFORTUNATELY no one I know watches this awesome show! I wish I knew of a V message board (I am a real dork like that, I love reading fan forums and stuff of my favorite shows.).

I think you just found a place to talk about the show.....
This thread is in my favorites now, so I'll be checking back and commenting on past and future episodes.

These boards are a great place to draw new fans to the show.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Anyway, I am saving the 80's series for after I watch this first season of current V.

NO....
Watch them now.

I watched the first three movies in the mini-series when it aired, and then the two that followed.
When it went to a series, I watched those to, and taped it all to VHS.
Maybe I'll pull the first one tonight and watch again, it's been years since I watched the originals.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
There are a lot of tie-ins with current events/conspiracies in the new version.

(for example) The one episode where they (resistance) are trying to locate and destroy the V warehouse containing the "additive" they are putting in the Flu shots, etc...

I'm still waiting for someone to devour a live rat though

Also agree with previous post describing the actors all looking like "super models" - very true, but TV has been this way for a long time now. Glitz and gloss.

I think it would have been a LOT better had the production been grittier, ala District 9 or maybe T4. But that's just me.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
Has anyone been watching the new V series 2010?

Yep, I liked the original, the book and the new series. I don't think it's a fair comparison to say which is better. The older was more shocking, this one is more subtley dramatic. In the first one, they got to the action in a hurry, whereas the new is letting the pot simmer for as long as the audience will let them do so. They took a page from LOST's book there as well as other series. I agree there's too much in the way of 'cleanness' to the point of it accidently looking contrived with the models, sets, and so forth. Even a dirty alleyway seems arranged.

I have watched the original back in the 80's but could not remember much of it.

Same here, the main story is what sticks out the most which is duplicated here and yet is a little further progressed. A nod to the old, but "hey, we're new".

Now after watching the 1st 2 shows this week it seems as though EVERYTHING we have discussed here on ATS is spliced into the show??

Art imitates life imitates art. Remember that V was here before ATS and a lot of ATS was created on the ideas V splashed onto the screen. ATS and other alternative topics gaining attention means TV looking a little like ATS. TV show writers love to listen to their audience and toss things in just so the audience can say, "I KNEW IT!" I'm not discounting conspiracy, just am more interested in the facts than entertainment value when visiting here.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The one thing I noticed immediately is how they changed the characters.

In the original series the main character was a typical rebel alpha male type, in the new she is an FBI agent.
The rogue Alien was a weak caucasian, in the new he is a strong, positive African American, (me trying to be PC).
The reporter was an impressed woman, now an immediately suspicious but ambitious male.
Etc, etc.

Not that there is anything wrong with the changes, I just think that they were conscious decisions to distance itself from the original.

Anyway, about to watch the second episode very soon.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think the new series is pretty good, I've been following it off and on for a while. But I also kinda like it cause of Laura Vandervoort and Morena Baccarin...although Morena was much hotter with long hair (like in Firefly)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I never saw the original series, but i have been watching the new one religiously. It's a new look at aliens, and ties into ATS very well.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
V may be science fiction, but O is the real deal.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I'm sick of Channel 7 screwing the timeslot around. I don't care about underbelly! 20 more mins to kill.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There is a book too?

I think I have my summer entertainment now. V the book and the 80s miniseries.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Has anyone been watching the new V series 2010?

I have watched the original back in the 80's but could not remember much of it. Now after watching the 1st 2 shows this week it seems as though EVERYTHING we have discussed here on ATS is spliced into the show??

It has alot of details that were not in the original but are in the new series.

Just wanted to know who has felt the same on this

Valorian

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Valorian]

Love the original; own it on disc, and love the new one as well. That they didn't try to just copy the first one is a huge point in their favor. Yeah, there is a lot of information in there. Did you go online and watch the first 4 episodes from last fall? If not, be sure to catch up; some details you don't get in the overview!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

There is a book too?

I think I have my summer entertainment now. V the book and the 80s miniseries.

1984 was the book's release, I remember picking it up at my school library back in the day: www.amazon.com...=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272333772&sr=1-5

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
So, what do you think the red clouds were all about in the Season Finale tonight? Any ideas? This is the perfect place to speculate about what the clouds at the end of the episode were caused by and what purpose they will serve for the Visitors.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sf18443
So, what do you think the red clouds were all about in the Season Finale tonight? Any ideas? This is the perfect place to speculate about what the clouds at the end of the episode were caused by and what purpose they will serve for the Visitors.

The show (and commander) wants the viewer to believe she has gone ape over one incident. If she is indeed a commander of a large force, her mind wouldn't go AWOL over this set-back. As she has done all along, she is calculated. Perhaps re-calculating, but it's still a chess game, not a tantrum. That's my guess and was a great way to finish a season...to finally get somewhere.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by saint4God]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sf18443

I was wondering that myself....I was thinking that since now the eggs of the soldiers are destroyed, perhaps the commanders of the invasion fleet are getting nervous, and are preparing to attack Earth without Anna in command. Another thought is perhaps the V's are shutting out the Sun to force human compliance. One more episode and we have to wait for Fall to see what happened.

On a serious note, if the Reptilians were to come in an invasion force, this may be one way they would do it, to make out like our friends, offer technology to us, help us with medical problems, etc, then turn mean. Just a thought.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The sad part is a lot of what is portrayed in the movie is the real deal. Us new world order, shadow gov, 911 and Oklahoma City bombing was an inside job folks are indeed classified as Enemy combatants also known as (the 5th column) on the show.

I'm still not sure why these directors and screen writers(most of which are of the Jewish persuasion...not to say it is a Jewish Quaballah conspiracy) leak truth through their movies. Either they are trying to tell us something that is hidden or it is another propaganda tool.
Take note of the media character in the show named "Decker" that delivers the propaganda for the V's to flush out this 5th column as you saw in last nights episode.

I do know that either they do get some form of occult power disclosing things out in the open when most cannot see it or...

it is some form of universal law that it must be disclosed in some way(spiritual level) so that no one goes away claiming ignorance as a way of escaping final judgement.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by superluminal11]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sf18443

I really like this V series. Practically everyone I mention it to has no idea what I am talking about as well.
Anna is one mean, vindictive, b*tch. Damn.

As to the red skies. I'm leaning towards they altered the atmosphere. Probably similar to what the V's native planet looks like and filters out the sun. Assuming that the V's on the invasion ships are not skin-clad, but rather scale.
Oh, and for the record..I think the older Priest is a V. Thought so from the first episode. Decker's female assistant has me weary too, but she hasn't been seen in a while.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr
reply to post by Sf18443

I really like this V series. Practically everyone I mention it to has no idea what I am talking about as well.
Anna is one mean, vindictive, b*tch. Damn.

Yeah, not many I know watching it, shame really.

As to the red skies. I'm leaning towards they altered the atmosphere. Probably similar to what the V's native planet looks like and filters out the sun. Assuming that the V's on the invasion ships are not skin-clad, but rather scale.

There's only been 6 or 7 episodes aired in the UK so far so.....???

Oh, and for the record..I think the older Priest is a V. Thought so from the first episode. Decker's female assistant has me weary too, but she hasn't been seen in a while.

Definately agree with you about the older priest, something very dodgy about him.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I've been having to pay to view the series on Amazon. However, I recently saw that Hulu.com is carrying all the episodes for free I believe.
Sorry to hear they aren't keeping you folks up to date on this across the pond.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join