It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox pulls Hannity from tea-party rally!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Host planned to broadcast show live from Cincinnati

WASHINGTON – Angry Fox News executives reportedly ordered Sean Hannity to abandon plans, announced as late as this afternoon on his nationally syndicated radio program, to broadcast his TV show from a Cincinnati tea-party rally he was headlining.

"Fox News never agreed to allow the Cincinnati Tea Party organizers to use Sean Hannity's television program to profit from broadcasting his show from the event," said Bill Shine, the network's executive vice president of programming. "When senior executives in New York were made aware of this, we changed our plans for tonight's show."

Source: www.wnd.com...

Wow, hats off to FOX mang. This will be interesting (for some) to watch to see how Hannity reacts. And how the Tea Party Org handles this. As well to see if the people in attendance drops a lot.

I, a fan of FOX, is glad to see some common sense and control being exercised.
I wish they all would do some more of this. REPORT THE NEWS-less commentary

Edited to add source (it was early-sorry)

[edit on 4/16/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
And your SOURCE was, once again..?

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Sorry about that. Star for you-error on me... ugh. Thank you.

I put the link in the story and here it is.

Source: www.wnd.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I, a fan of FOX, is glad to see some common sense and control being exercised. I wish they all would do some more of this. REPORT THE NEWS-less commentaryText

Oh, boy ....

It's real tough to see verbiage like "common sense and control", used in the same sentence as Fox, let alone the kind that suggests they do anything remotely close to reporting news. I'm perplexed about the fact there are people so devoted to this source, given the fact they do nothing anymore than put on a three ring circus act with their clowns like O'Reilly.

You seriously don't see why many of the "journalists" from this network are laughable? Do you really believe they are objectively providing you news and using integrity while doing it?

[edit on 16-4-2010 by NightGypsy]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
In all honesty, Fox is not my go to network for mainstream news, however I do tune in a few times per week.

When exactly did Fox switch their position on the tea partiers? This the second this week that I've seen or heard of them being against the movement, a movement that they were so instrumental to getting off of the ground.

So, what changed? Why are they flip flopping now?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Nice to see that Fox News executives have finally been reeled in by the powers that be.

Controversial shows, hosts and opinions are good for ratings and profit, but when they cross the line and show support for a political group that intends to move beyond the corrupt two party system that rules this nation, it cannot be allowed.

At the end of the day, Fox is selling advertising time, and the republican agenda. The tea party movement is a threat to both.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Nice to see that
[insert your favorite company name]

executives have finally been reeled in by the powers that be.

That's a disturbing look into the future

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Do you really believe they are objectively providing you news and using integrity while doing it?

I never said there were objective. I just prefer the Rep/Conserative slant as to the Dem/Liberal (MSM). Anyone who thinks news companies are down the middle etc-is dead wrong.

I am fully aware that they (media) have no responsibility or requirments to report the truth-I think that is evident even more so since Obama got in there. But, just lump me in with the major of news watchers becuase Fox is kicking the crap out of the rest of them as they are preceived more honest than the rest-crazy ol' me
)

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

It's either that the roots of the movement are wise to shills like Hannity using it as a vehicle for more one-party gaming or that Hannity is actually with the roots and they dont want him mixed up with the co-opted version of the movement.

Given Hannitys track record my vote is with the prior scenario.

Or, maybe Fox is wise to the possibility of a homegrown terror false flag occurring with these tea party meetings and dont want to have their own man connected with the new McVeigh.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You got it right there sir.

FOX knows something big will go down that will be connected to the Tea Party. Joe Stack was, but he came off more crazy then anything else. The Pentagon Shooter guy, they tried the same thing, it didn't stick because of the pot angle. Later on all these guys will be lumped with "the big one" but on their own they didn't stick with the public.

FOX is watched constantly by people waiting for them to screw up, because when they do, it's kinda undeniable and they look silly in the end. They can't afford to have the next "Joe Stack" end up saying Hannity showed him the way or anything like that. It's too damaging. They would never recover.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Fox is nothing but a water carrier for the Republican Party.
If they, ( the Repubs), can't control the Tea Party, they have no use for it.
The Tea Party itself has no real platform, direction or leader and has degenerated into a loose affiliation of disgruntled right wingers. This is not what the Rommney based wing of the Party wants to project as an image in the upcoming elections. The far right doesn't win elections any more than the far left. The Repubs don't need some gun toting super Christian hillbilly as their symbol.The Tea Party's time has come and gone, the Repubs tried to co opt it, but it turns out there is no "there" there.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It wouldn't surprise me if this is just a ploy by Fox to garner more listeners for Hannity by playinig up a contrived injustice. His partisan tactics follow the mainstream media agenda and I assume he has a large fan-base. It would be the perfect way to reel in even more sheeple.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

The Repubs don't need some gun toting super Christian hillbilly as their symbol.

What leader in the Tea Party movement is from Appalachia?

new topics

top topics

join