It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw a Unexplained Flying Object!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Ok im still buzzing but i will try and right this down as best i can.

A workmate and I were driving home tonight from work when close to our town we noticed some bright lights up in the sky ahead of us.We talked about what they could be as we approached and tried to distinguish it as a plane or helicopter but it seemed stationary and to have to many lights.We kept approaching it for maybe 5 minutes and pulled over to the side of the road when we were close for a better look.Only when we stopped did it seem to start moving very slowly and silent(although there is a large mill close by were we stopped which may have drowned out real faint noise).It wasnt very high up a lot lower than id expect a plane to fly and moved very slow.Im guessing it was about 200 metres from us and couldnt guess a height but there is a mountain close buy which is 820 metres highMount Edgecumbe and it was alot lower than that.We watched it cruise slowly eastward while sctractching our heads.
As soon as i got home i told my partner who thought i was pulling her leg and i rung the local airport which is about 1/2 hour away and is also to the East.The guy there told me nothing should of been around our direction and they had nothing preparing to land he told me he would look in to it and said goodbye.Well bugger me if he didnt ring back about 15min later and said they had checked that no planes were about or helicopters and nothing should be either.He described helicopter lights and plane lights to me and noises and i told him none of what he described seem to match.He said they are investigating it and asked me at least twice "do you think its dangerous?" which seemed a little bizzare to me.

I have rung my workmate twice so far to keep him updated and he described what he saw as white lights in a four point star shape with red when we got closer.I cant describe the shape as it just seemed a bunch of lights to me haha.

This probably doesnt make much sense i havnt had my dinner yet and im still trying to figure out in my head so ask questions and i will try to answer as best i can.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

Thanks for sharing your sighting Azador.

Be ready for the 'Chinese lantern' brigade to chime in won't you!

Wish i'd seen it too..ah well.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
haha thats pretty cool

you should stake out that place sometime, they could be back

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Thanks mate.
I actually want the chinese lantern brigade to come.Im puzzled and i dont like it one bit and if people can come up with a reasonable explanation which i can look into im fine with that.

I just really needed to share it.(apart from most of my local area who ive already rung lol.)

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Did the lights blink at all, or were they solid the entire time?

Interesting stuff, and good thinking contacting the airport. I'm honestly surprised they were as forthright and helpful as they were. Please keep us updated if you hear anything else from them.

TheAssoc.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Its very close to my house and we've been out a couple of times and so has my workmate to look for it again.And ive probably got most of my friends and family peeping out their windows.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

The white lights seemed solid and the red light seemed to maybe pulse i guess not really blink but be dim sometimes and brighter others.

Yea i thought the airport would tell me to P'off and stop wasting their time.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
More Kiwis... I had quite an interesting daylight sighting near Paraparaumu about a month ago. I am currently re-evaluating my previously somewhat skeptical stance. Sure hope they weren't "earthquake lights". Seems as if we could be due for another one shortly, with everything that's going on lately.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador

The white lights seemed solid and the red light seemed to maybe pulse i guess not really blink but be dim sometimes and brighter others.

Yea i thought the airport would tell me to P'off and stop wasting their time.

Well, that's pretty interesting.

Now, I'm wondering if the lights were all part of a large craft or if it was several smaller objects. Did they move independently, or in formation, or were they arranged in a manner that would preclude it being one object?

TheAssoc.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Voiceoftreason

I hope its not another earthquake we had our biggie in 87!
Im on the fence with sightings some i believe but alot i think are made up or just ordinary objects misidentified.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Definitely one object!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Did it look at all like this?
picasaweb.google.com...

I keep seeing this red object at night, and photographed it on a 16 second exposure. UFO's tend to revisit the same spot. Take a camera next time if you can

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Please don't take offense, but I noticed that Venus was very bright tonight (last evening) and I suggest it's possible that what you saw was Venus. It appeared extra bright because the moon was very dim - waxing crescent moon.

You may have saw something else, but just to test to see if it was Venus go out about the same time & place the next night and take a look.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

No but with that kind of exposure anything going to be a ufo

I have a DLSR with a good zoom so maybe tomorrow night we will stake it out.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Please don't take offense, but I noticed that Venus was very bright tonight (last evening) and I suggest it's possible that what you saw was Venus.

Good point.

OP, could you give us some details on the location of the sighting and the direction in which the object was moving? Thanks for your patience with all the questions.

TheAssoc.

link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

No offense at all mate.
It something that was definitely a craft and moved along when we parked.

link   
Intresting story, and I can understand your excitement!!

What Id like to know from people who know about Aviation/Radar, is low level flying really a way of avoiding radar? Or is that just movie rubbish?

And whats good is that the Airport actually got back in touch. If you remmember more, get back in touch.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
My town

Map Moving East from Kawerau to Whakatane direction as you can see there is a small airport in Whakatane.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Dont know about the radar but the guy at the airport said he checked all the radio signals or frequencies?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Whakatane airport

If this helps

top topics

<<   2 >>

join