It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new painting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This piece took me like 3 months. Between other projects and finding the inspiration. I was listening to some K-os the past few days and so I was feeling the metaphysical hip hop, so that's helped finally bring it all together.

A lot of familiar and personal themes here for me. A lot of the stuff was taken from experience.

I won't get into it.. but this is what I feel like meditating trying to focus on a specific visual / light stream. It's like when you're in a deep trance and you hear people having conversations, or if you get good enough to see a full on 3D scene... it's like sleeping and fading into a dream and the variations that come as you try and cling on to one. So here it's just sorta like FOCUS on ONE of them. Actually that is why I threw pac man in there. When you meditate in a deep trance you get the most unexpected of things. ha.

Well here it is..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ebf257d5040.jpg[/atsimg]

and here is a larger version:
fc08.deviantart.net...

Hope it melts some brains. ha.. cheers.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Nice work Caveman...I am loving the lil pacman the most right now but, still looking into the painting for things I might miss.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
ha thanks. Actually there is one no'one will probably get. It would have been easier but I covered up most of it. The let corner was supposed to be a big vine with a snake coiled around it but you can still see its head.

There is a big red planet but before when that are was a little more plant life it kind of gave you the impression of a snake and an apple, sorta a play on the "forbidden knowledge" lol. Also the snake could be representative of the kundalini energy again, coling upwards to the point of "sacred knowledge".. when it reaches the 3rd eye and top of the head.

So you got this alien guy in the picture and he's visualizing all these things but then light is coming out of his crown chakra (a lotus).. like the snake made it to the top and the result "I get it". ha. I try and put lots of hidden things in my pieces in hopes someone will get it and feel like they are in on a secret.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hey Caveman, wicked piece.. reminds me of a couple of the sequences from an old film i recently re-watched 'brainstorm' with christopher walken! I think you'd like it!

I have kept an eye on your work for a while now and you really are improving in leaps and bounds! Congratulations!

What was this piece created with? oil? acrylic? photoshop lol?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I love the colors and texture of it! Nice work!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
this is amazing! now thats what i call great abstract painting! and your very good with the brush too!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
very trippy and colorful, i noticed many mushrooms. i like the detail.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Thats very nice.

I used to paint, back in the day.

I did, landscapes, seascapes.

Hmmmm I may have to start again.

Good Job.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Very impressive. I realize this is about your painting but this actually makes me envy your meditative abilities. Well done.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Great work. Have you rhought about making Giclee prints?

new topics

top topics

join