It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thai forces surround 'terrorists' at hotel: deputy PM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Thai forces surround

www.heraldsun.com. au

THAI security forces have surrounded a Bangkok hotel, where "terrorists" are hiding, says Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban in a nationally televised address.

"The government's special team is surrounding the SC Park hotel where we have learned that there are terrorists and some of their leaders hiding," said Suthep Thaugsuban, who is in charge of security.

In a nationally televised address today, Mr Suthep also urged "innocent" protesters to leave an anti-government rally site in Bangkok's commercial district.

"Innocent people should leave the protests because the auth
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-4-2010 by 2theC]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
so now the red shirts who have been protesting for change are labeled as "Terrorists" !!

This is scary, the Thai government has now decided they will take decisive measures.

A simple label and a warrant to shoot...
protesting means terrorism?

aaarrgghhh!!!

so when you need to quell outspokenness and protect the status quo, you pull out the T word and away you go...

www.heraldsun.com. au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-4-2010 by 2theC]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2theC

so now the red shirts who have been protesting for change are labeled as "Terrorists" !!

This is scary, the Thai government has now decided they will take decisive measures.

aaarrgghhh!!!

get prepared
this is coming to America real soon
except we call them Patriots here

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by 2theC

aaarrgghhh!!!

get prepared
this is coming to America real soon
except we call them Patriots here

If you can defeat the king and his army, the country will be yours.

If not, continue to pay the taxes or move.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

One thing you don't want to do in Thailand is even talk badly of the King
you can get life in prison under their Lese Majesty laws
and it is used often

Lese Majesty-en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Just heard on the radio the "terrorists" protest leaders have escaped the hotel
by rope, out the windows!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

check out the ync for raw footage of some of the attacks, seriously looks like its the end of the world from their point of view. oh and the cams are from the forces, being slaughtered by the red shirts

why are people afraid of the word terrorism anyways? its just a word that can mean anything, not just 'muslims and dem boms they got'.
terrorism is the act of a premeditated attack with criminal intent. just because its right doesn't mean it isn't criminal

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The word 'terrorist' is used very much loosely in these current times. It has become the perfect bogey man used by dictators to clamp down on dissenters to their insane and unequal policies.

This is the real danger, for the real terrorists, armed and violent persons with murderous intent will easily mingle with dissenters and making identification absolutely difficult, because there is a difference of intent.

Had the redshirts declared violent war upon their own society? Had all of them been armed to the teeth to kill innocent civilians? Nope. All they and their leaders did was only to cry out in hunger to their supposed govt leaders for solace.

And for that, they are branded terrorists, tarnished with make believed violent murderous intent, and deserves summary executions?

Who are the real terrorists here instead? None other than the current illegal and corrupt ruling govt, whom are using the armed military to murder hungry men of peace!

If the current govt have any sense of decency and humanity left, it should just dissolve and let the people decide their own leader of their nation.

While it may be true that there will always be dissenters, for there are 2 colored parties vying for power and priviledge, it is nothing that sane and wise men from both sides can sit down and rework an equal power sharing political infrastructure known as the Constitution where NONE will be left behind.

I refuse to believe there are No such sane and wise men in Thailand. I have the fullest faith in the current King, a rare and one of a kind benevolent man seldom witnessed. But I cannot say the same for the Queen, her son the crown prince and the rest of the royal monarchist entourage and hanger-ons.

There is no credible scientific evidence that Eugenics is true, otherwise the world would had been a better place ruled by bloodline kings in peace and prosperity for millenia instead of war and strifes mankind experienced and suffered.

What happens in Thailand will be a mirror to the rest of the world as the hungry masses are crying out for solace from the effects of slavish and erraneous manipulations by the priviledged rich.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

I refuse to believe there are No such sane and wise men in Thailand. I have the fullest faith in the current King, a rare and one of a kind benevolent man seldom witnessed. But I cannot say the same for the Queen, her son the crown prince and the rest of the royal monarchist entourage and hanger-ons.

i watched a report on this just this week.
When the king dies, Thailand is in real trouble i think.
it seems to be something people don't want to talk about and actually can't for fear of rotting in prison.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by 2theC]

top topics

join