It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The PS3 conspiracy in El Paso.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
PS3's have generally been sold out everywhere, there has been an explosion in their popularity and between God of War 3 recently and another game coming out a week before that (at the moment I'm forgetting which), they sold out in most places. My friend tried to get one a couple weeks ago and there were absolutely NONE to be found anywhere in New York City (this was the week God of War 3 came out). She timed her purchase wrong - she wasn't interested in God of War, she mostly just wanted a good Blu-Ray player + the Netflix on-demand movie downloads you can do with the device and figured, why not get a game system in the deal to boot (it's about $100 more for a PS3 than a comparable Blu-Ray player with Netflix). The NYC stores have them in stock again, but Sony is really struggling to keep up with demand, so I understand.

This random woman could be just scamming people. I wouldn't give my credit card info to some random person selling me stuff. Assuming she's serious that she has the stuff because of some military contact, well, that does make sort of sense because, as I'm sure you know, the military buys tons of these gaming consoles for their soldiers R&R during their downtime.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Order online, I'm sure there are plenty online.

Peace and stay safe.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This is why right here. I actually went out and tried to get one with this but all the stores here in nj were sold out too

/b/ strikes again

ps inb4 rules 1 and 2

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Shake]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The PS3 can be configured into a bonifide super computer quite easily and is being used not only by scientists but by at least a dozen acquaintances in physics and chemistry.
It is easily done and permits the user to do a variety of very complex calculations previously done on limited time frames on crays or IBM roadrunners.
here is a link to building a cluster
www.ps3cluster.umassd.edu...

This extra demand is highly underestimated as geeks with some cash are building a lot of these.
I think that is as deep as this "conspiracy" can possibly go....LOL
N.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Stop loss, you're a great guy and you know where I stand. But I can't help you because I'm too busy enjoying my ps3 and HDTV. Sorry, and welcome back!!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.of norml
The PS3 can be configured into a bonifide super computer quite easily and is being used not only by scientists but by at least a dozen acquaintances in physics and chemistry.

That's just plain fascinating. I had no idea. Are they useful for this because the systems are so streamlined to just run games, rather than being loaded down with all the extras that a PC has for home use, they are more ideal for massive numbers crunching?

Learn something new every day.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

You can also leave it on at night on Folding @ home which powers cancer research! for free! while you sleep! with no effort!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Why not just buy an Xbox, then?

What's it matter which machine you buy - it's all video games, right?

JUST STICK TO PC FFS.

Console games are dumbing down kids even more than the already dumbed down kids. I mean, christ, when I was a kid playing too much on the PC I was considered a geek - yeah my sharp mz-700 was cool and stuff, but it beat my cousins BMX and I know why - I made my fun with it by learning to code. Now Im IT material (yeah low maintennance but still heh shh), but the kids now, with things that TAKE away all that fun? Learning how to USE A PC, how to hack a game or work out what does what..

They get no fun from their first sector edit.. their first loader.. their frist debug.. kids today are stranded in a world of DVD bollocks..

Just bung the disc in and hours of fun... my fat foot.

PUT your kids in FRONT of a PC NOW... Negligent parenthood is UP TO YOU to SOLVE.

Now back to cod4, I have some elevators on countdown to do to get on the mountain and pwnt some nubs..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join