It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama orders same-sex hospital visits

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
i am concidered a "gay" male...............my girlfriend is a male to female transgenderd person.........she walks,talks,eats,sleeps and looks like a woman (which is not all good sometimes, yes she turns into psyco b..ch every 28 days!!LOL) but she is my life partner, we have been together for 4 years, the rest of my family is back east, i talk to them frequently but they are not in my life.

if i was on my death bed,she would have been denied permission to see me and comfort me because she is not "family" but now she can demand it!!

thank you presedent obama!! BUT...................................CAN YOU PLEASE LET US SEE YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!!
if somebody proves that you werent born in the US, everything you did since becomming president will become NULL AND VOID!! and that includes all the bad and good you have done!!!

why cant we see it!!!

be safe people!!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Just like Hitler... So it begins

We all know what is next, stock up and if you are not in the woods, go there soon.

The fears I am feeling

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Xtrozero

I see no problem with multiple wives/husbands. The government does not have the right to tell consenting adults what they want to do with their lives, in respect to marriage and relationships.

As long as they are consenting adults, then I don't really see the problem. I'd support that cause too.

~Keeper

i have a problem with this.....for one you will have to give benefits to all of those wives/husbands.

a great way to waste money.

i say take away all benifits to marriage and make marriage a religious institution the way it was MEANT to be...before the government stuck its filthy little fingers in it.

it would solve the whole gay marriage problem.

and if people want the benifits...make a new contract..something that can be done by only TWO people.

and what ever goes on behind closed doors...keep it quiet.

if you want to screw multiple people thats fine..if your gay...fine.

but keep it behind closed doors.

the true conservative stand point on this should be...take away benifits of marriage.Make government leave marriage alone.

that way us heterosexuals can keep our marriage.

gays can get the benifits through a seperate contract...if you want to put some sentimentality behind the contract...what ever.

just dont expect me to say your married because you went into the contract.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DEMONcrats

Hmmm...
I was in the middle of typing out a response point by point, to your post - but than I came to this and it boils down perfectly...

Who cares what you wish to say about someone else's marriage? or union?

I mean really, stop and think... this is NOT about YOU and what you think of someone else's choices.

Just as you are stating you do not wish others to define for you what you think about their actions, why should anyone care about what you think of them?

It's not about you. Get over yourself.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Obama orders same-sex hospital visits.

Good. A move which is long overdue, and Obama just happened to be the one in office when it happened.

And as far as I am concerned, it is just one more reason why we do not need gay marriage in our society. If gays can achieve every legal benefit that heteros can via legislative methods, then there is no need for them to have the label of 'married'. The only possible reason for them to pursue it now would be one of spite, malice, and revenge.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Obama orders same-sex hospital visits.

Good. A move which is long overdue, and Obama just happened to be the one in office when it happened.

And as far as I am concerned, it is just one more reason why we do not need gay marriage in our society. If gays can achieve every legal benefit that heteros can via legislative methods, then there is no need for them to have the label of 'married'. The only possible reason for them to pursue it now would be one of spite, malice, and revenge.

Or that they want to share the same rights as a human being that other people can. Black people could get the same refreshing water from their 'black people' water fountain but why should they not have been allowed to drink from the ;white people' fountain. Because people didnt think that black people were equal thats why. Gays and lesbians just want the same rights you do. Nothing wrong with that.

Sad when someone has to march to be able to legally show their love as 2 consenting adults.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

At least we agree on some things. Won't be able to say Obama never did anything positive in his presidency.

[edit on 15/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

Agreed friend!!!

Now if he started making more logical decisions, he might actually be a half-decent president, but, I highly doubt he will =P

Gotta do somethin to make the people love you!!!!

Ever the less, definitely something that needed to be done.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
So great. Were right in the middle of this civil rights movement. It's only been 46 years since black people were given their rights to be complete citizens lets hope it doesnt take that long now. We're so close, I hope to see full equality within the next 5 years.

keep on hoping amigo.Maybe you have not been following this 'civil rights' movement much but....you have suffered many defeats in the last two yrs.

no matter where you stand on this issue you have to admit the majority does not want it.

in every state it has been put up to vote it has been either voted down or outright banned.

40+ states have out right banned gay marriage and civil unions.

the federal government cant do jack didly squat about it either. Blame your liberal god bill clinton,remember the little bill called DOMA?

that makes sure that the federal government cant do anything. and besides the federal government cant do it anyway because of something called the 10th ammendment.

dont expect it to happen anytime soon if ever.

the FED wont probably even try to make it legal on the federal level....it would devolve into nothing but a battle of 'states rights vs federal rights'....which the states would win in the end because of the 10th ammendment mentioned above.

and obama does not WANT to legalize gay marriage....you heard him,
'let states decide'.

and i say let states decide as well....if you want gay marriage work up support for it in your state.

states are sovereign...states are essentially there own country banded together for a commen goal.

do you see a country telling another country to legalize gay marriage?

did you and the LBGT community forget that obama betrayed you already?

dont you remember him defending the DOMA law not even 3 months into office?

obama had the chance to challenge the law passed by clinton and get it repealed...HE DID NOT.

in fact HE DEFENDED IT.

god you liberals(and gays) have such short memory.

the dude is throwing you scraps and you are licking your lips like a dog!

and you are delusional if you think it will happen in 5 years IF EVER.

this country is going through a huge backlash of anything liberal. this whole 'tea party' movement,obama losing support,democrats losng support,republicans gaining support,gay marriage being banned and voted down,all of it is a backlash toward liberal policies.

which is sad because bush had 8 yrs to screw crap up...and you liberals get in for 1 year and you have the nation on the brink of a conservative REVOLUTION.

lets just call it what it is...its a conservative revolution.

republicans will probably gain back the house in november...and if this nation even exists by 2012( i dont think it will survive) a republican/conservative independent will be put in the oval office for sure.

i did not mean to rain on your parade....but you were getting a little to optimistic.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hmmm seems as if gays are getting more and more power. . . Here's a question do think Obama really is pro gay rights? Or are the ventriloquists who control Obama gay themselves?

(spelling error)

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Hadriel]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by VintageEnvy

Or that they want to share the same rights as a human being that other people can.

There is no "right" here. Cohabitate. Whatever. If your church will agree to it, let them marry you. Get your benefits the same way that heteros got theirs - legally, through process.

What you want is to wear a gun and badge and automatically be called sheriff. Doesn't work that way.

Sad when someone has to march to be able to legally show their love as 2 consenting adults.

Sad, if it were true. Nobody is stopping you from doing it as it stands today.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Hmmm...
I was in the middle of typing out a response point by point, to your post - but than I came to this and it boils down perfectly...

Who cares what you wish to say about someone else's marriage? or union?

I mean really, stop and think... this is NOT about YOU and what you think of someone else's choices.

Just as you are stating you do not wish others to define for you what you think about their actions, why should anyone care about what you think of them?

It's not about you. Get over yourself.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

i was just stating that if we did it that way gay people would want people to go around saying 'we are married'. but by the very definition THEY WOULD NOT BE MARRIED.

because like i said marriage WOULD BE A RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION.

DURRR

god liberals are so stupid its pathetic.

and it IS about me...its about every person in this country...because i am a CITIZEN of this country. everything that goes on in this god forsaken place IS ABOUT ME.

every policy that is set forth in this country reflects on me.

so...no i dont need to get over myself.

this country IS ME.

I AM THE COUNTRY.

just a you are.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

If you wish marriage to be "solely" about Religion, what about heterosexuals who are not religiously affiliated AND what about homosexuals who are?

As a citizen of this country - your rights end, where mine begin.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I luckily live in Iowa so they can get married here which I'm very proud of. As of right now they're working on the Respect for marriage act that if passed will effectivley overturn the defence of marriage act. It is actually supported by Bill Clinton who has since changed his stance on how he feels about gay and lesbians being able to get married.

I was very let down by the presidents change on how he was going to handle th DOMA im not gonna lie, I think that was a mistake he made. He campaigned on the premise of throwing it out and was elected so clearly enough people wanted that to happen.

I think a lot of reason there is a stand still in gov about this subject right now is that there are just so many other things happening that they feel this can go on the backburner for awhile.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away
I just read this article, and please excuse my ignorance, not having been through anything as heart wrenching as having to deal with a loved one in hospital and being heterosexual, I was shocked to learn that this could even happen. That potentially, if I was homosexual, my loved ones could be refused to visit with me, or I with them. That is shocking.

This is a step of compassion, and love.

Back in the 90's I buried 20 gay friends and none of the hospitals would let me in to be with them while they lay on there death beds. Its a terrible thing to die alone. I'm surprised folks didn't know about this kind of thing all these years.
Am glad the new law will make it better, wish it was back in the 90's. Alot of folks won't have to go through dying alone now.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEMONcrats

and it IS about me...its about every person in this country...because i am a CITIZEN of this country. everything that goes on in this god forsaken place IS ABOUT ME.

I thought your kind wanted gov and people to stay out of their business and let them just live their life. How about you take your own advice and stop telling other people what they can and cannot do and trying to impose your 'religion' on them, especially when their choices do not effect your life in any way.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Luckily, my partner & I haven't run into any problems with hospitals. We live in California, and I don't bring my Domestic Partnership paper everywhere I go. But I don't ask, I just go in, LOL.

I agree that marriage should be abolished and Matrimony part of religious observance. My partner & I don't need the title of "married" to in anyway describe our relationship, but if it is important to some they should push for whatever title they want. Marriage seems to be the great ender of relationships, with about 50% divorce rate (I've heard).

The best part of all of this is that gender identity is included. I don't understand what it is like to feel like you're in the wrong body, but I don't want transgendered people discriminated against in any way. To me it would be like kicking someone when they are already down.

Regarding partner benefits, when I covered my partner I had to pay income tax on the premiums and payments for her. It sure did a number on my taxes. I support tax equality, in that two persons who cohabitate and comingle funds should be alowed to file income taxes either jointly or separately, their choice.

S&F for stimulating the discussion.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

If you wish marriage to be "solely" about Religion, what about heterosexuals who are not religiously affiliated AND what about homosexuals who are?

As a citizen of this country - your rights end, where mine begin.

the heterosexuals like myself could enter into a contract just like gay people.

the contract im talking about would not be for just gay people...it would be for everyone.

if you wanted to enter into the contract...enter it.

the contract would be in between TWO people(sorry polygamists)and it would carry the benifits.

marriage would be the religious institution it was before this god forsaken devil government got its hands on it.

if heterosexual people wanted to be MARRIED then they would go to the church to do so...you know with the bride dress and groom...the traditional marriage.

if gay people wanted to be MARRIED it would be up to the preist to do so.

not many preists would do it though.

or maybe the chruch would set up some seperate entity to unite all the church's into one,and they then could make some kinda rule that excludes gays from marriage....it being a sin and all.

and if atheists want to get married but dont want it to be religious...TOO BAD.

it would be a RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION. so either atheists would have to suck it up and have it in the church(most people do even if they are atheists)or not be 'married'.

my rights begin where yours end- i reversed it around

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalGnostic
I agree that marriage should be abolished and Matrimony part of religious observance. My partner & I don't need the title of "married" to in anyway describe our relationship, but if it is important to some they should push for whatever title they want. Marriage seems to be the great ender of relationships, with about 50% divorce rate (I've heard).

I agree, I dont even want to get married,ever. Nor am I a lesbian but how could you not at least wish someone well in their cause such as this. I will fight to the end for you to be able to have the right to be able to eventually get a divorce, thats fine with me.

The divorce rate is super high. I think it always would've been this high except for the fact that it wasn't socially acceptable. Spouses had to stay a long time ago through cheating and violence just because they literally had no job to support themselves (women) and it was so taboo.

I think if that hadn't been the case, divorce rates would have probably always hung around the 50% mark.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy

Originally posted by DEMONcrats

I thought your kind wanted gov and people to stay out of their business and let them just live their life. How about you take your own advice and stop telling other people what they can and cannot do and trying to impose your 'religion' on them, especially when their choices do not effect your life in any way.

my kind??

im so happy that sounded so....discriminatory.Thanks for making me sound non-human. i love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning.

your thinking of a libertarian by the way....im a conservative with libertarian LEANINGS.
oh and by the way...its not 'my religion' im a spiritual deist.

i believe there is a god or some higher power.....although i will admit i am somehat of a christian....almost borderline.

i agree with a lot of the bible...but i dont consider myself a christian by anymans.

although i will catch myself praying to jesus every once in a while.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

So your saying, if you want to get married, you should be able to by just signing a marriage certificate that will be recognized by the states as a marriage between you two people including gays and lesbians. But that the wedding ceremony itself would have to be given at the churches discretion?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join