It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama orders same-sex hospital visits

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Regardless if that's same sex or heterosexual.

At least we agree on some things. Won't be able to say Obama never did anything positive in his presidency.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

This is great and now I can get the same thing for my five wives!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Well said. I admire the refusal to appreciate scraps from society's table. Demand every right a person should have without having to buy a voice with your vote. Any leader should be expected to right these wrongs.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
How can Obama's new initiative be considered anything but a 'right' thing ?

I can't see where anyone could justify opposition to this move

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by sos37
Yep I guess I am, then. And I'm damn proud of it!

To me it doesn't matter what good he does - it's the motivation behind the good that he does that counts.

Oh, thats easy.
His motivation is to completely dismantle and crush the social conservative talking by enacting every opposing philosophy possible and make social conservatives feel like complete and utter fools by arguing against simple human decency.

They cant...because they know they are monsters...so they will just bicker about him personally instead..knowing that their ship is sinking rapidly.

So liberals are the hallmark of human decency? Then why do liberal ideals so closely mirror facism?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

One Man = One Woman
One Woman = One Woman
One Man = One Man

Six Women = One Man

And I draw the parallel how? One has nothing to do with another. It would be like saying divorcees are equivalent to Zoophiles. Not the case.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I see no problem with multiple wives/husbands. The government does not have the right to tell consenting adults what they want to do with their lives, in respect to marriage and relationships.

As long as they are consenting adults, then I don't really see the problem. I'd support that cause too.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Regardless if that's same sex or heterosexual.

At least we agree on some things. Won't be able to say Obama never did anything positive in his presidency.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

As long as four of them aren't on welfare,who cares?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
One thing good (in terms of this thread).

I am not much into Obama bashing, but just remember that the easiest way to look like a hero is to clean up your own mess.

Not saying it applies to him directly, but this isn't something incredible but expected.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Well of course YOU say that - you've openly admitted to being gay. So what else are you going to say but "hey he might well be throwing kibble at us but I don't care, we're lapdogs and we'll eat it right up so long as it tastes good!!!"

Yeah, I guess being gay makes my opinion of fair and equal rights for individuals a bit biased eh?

Sorry, but some of us have a bit more dignity than to accept ANY good will from a man that still scowls at us and wants us to fail as a nation.

Seems to me that some people, spend far too much time focusing on the negative aspects of our society to appreciate a gesture of good will, however small it might be.

I really hope those people can lift their heads above the cloud and take good and bad.

~Keeper

[edit on 4/15/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

All I can say is good, and its about time!

Despite how you feel about homosexuality, this is a positive step.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I hate almost everything this guy does, but I don't find any problem with this...
it's a good idea...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Power of attorney is power vested in one.. not a group. I don't understand..

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Well of course YOU say that - you've openly admitted to being gay. So what else are you going to say but "hey he might well be throwing kibble at us but I don't care, we're lapdogs and we'll eat it right up so long as it tastes good!!!"

Yeah, I guess being gay makes my opinion of fair and equal rights for individuals a bit biased eh?

My thoughts exactly. But thanks for putting it into words.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Good lord, I didn't even know gay people didn't have these rights. Nice one Obama, another point for you!

reply to post by worlds_away

I just read this article, and please excuse my ignorance, not having been through anything as heart wrenching as having to deal with a loved one in hospital and being heterosexual, I was shocked to learn that this could even happen. That potentially, if I was homosexual, my loved ones could be refused to visit with me, or I with them. That is shocking.

This is a step of compassion, and love.

This is one of the crux points in the debate over gay marriage.

There are dozens of 'little' discriminatory effects like this. Obama can direct Federal Departments to not discriminate, but he can't direct the States (though Federal Funding is a pretty big stick), and he can't prevent his successor from reversing the directive.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Jesus.

This should have happened on day 1 of his presidency.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So great. Were right in the middle of this civil rights movement. It's only been 46 years since black people were given their rights to be complete citizens lets hope it doesnt take that long now. We're so close, I hope to see full equality within the next 5 years.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well kudos to Obama on this one.

Unfortunately...however..this should have never been needed in the first place. I had no idea this was happening and am glad to see it end.

ALso wanted to add...this just isn't for same sex people...this goes for anyone.

The designated visitors should have the same rights that immediate family members now enjoy, Obama's instructions said. It said Medicare-Medicaid hospitals, which include most of the nation's facilities, may not deny visitation and consultation privileges on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.

IMO....nicely done! Can't believe this was happening in this country. A win for the people...and let's face it...it hasn't been happening that often lately...

[edit on 16-4-2010 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Also wanted to add a link to the yahoo article. If you read the comments at the bottom, Conservatives seem highly supportive of this...which is great IMO.

It's nice to see that people can get beyond their dislike of Obama and see something for the good that it is.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I agree with you 100%. It's sad that this was even needed but since it was I'm glad the steps are being taken finally to right this thing. Hopefully we'll see more to come.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
"Visitation Rights".

They make it sound like they are keeping you in prison or something geez.

Denial of visitation is one of the definitions of imprisonment.

How can this be?

Does "medically caring for someone" give you the right to put them in "custody" and deny visitors?

I'd kind of almost rather die on the street. At least my friends can visit me there....

Some hospitals have a policy decreeing only blood relatives are those only allowed to visit the patient and make POA decisions. This effectively decrees and orders hospitals to recognize the Life Partners, or spouses of those affected.

Visitation Rights are retained by the patient and this extends the protection to gay and lesbian people as well as you have full rights to name anyone you wish as your POA and no hospital policy can say or do anything about it.

To those of you that think the only reason for him extending this is for political gain y'all seriously need your heads chequed.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join