It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clarification - There **WAS** A Meteor Over Washington State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Maybe you'd better read this!!!

"There was a meteor that passed over Washington around 2:40 am - it shook the ground - it made a huge tearing ripping sound- it lit up the *ENTIRE* sky (not just a portion of it)....it was seen from Canada to Oregon to Idaho...."

www.timebomb2000.com...

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Um, yes, we know there was.
It didn't hit the earth though. That was the hoaxed part of it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
From all the video I have seen (nearly 20 different ones) I would guess that it was larger than a monitor, and probably DID hit. I definitely was larger than the estimates, and the other weird thing, is that news from Seattle and Portland were reporting that the military was called out. That in itself is fishy.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
That # was really bright. It lit up the sky like the sun.

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Omega Pickle]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I live in Washington, On the Kitsap Penn., I did not se anything ( I was very tired, I was training at White River) but I know my dog was going nuts. He was kinda howling...sounded more like when dogs "talk". Did they air this on the news? I didnt get a chance to see the news today. Does anyone have a film of this that I can see?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
From all the video I have seen (nearly 20 different ones) I would guess that it was larger than a monitor, and probably DID hit. I definitely was larger than the estimates, and the other weird thing, is that news from Seattle and Portland were reporting that the military was called out. That in itself is fishy.

Hey, did any of those videos have a shot of it while still intact and in the air (were any of the cameras aimed at it)? I've watched several and have only seen the ground flash portrayed. If it is as 'big as a house', as some have claimed, the rush to say what it was may have been too quick.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I would not say house, but, maybe a small garage. I only saw one video (lost the link) that caught part of it intact. However, not enough to get a "good" estimate. However, with the amount of light projected, it was bigger than a monitor. I have witnessed meteors that size in my life, and this was bigger and brighter than that.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
"The blast was intense enough to register on about 80 earthquake detectors, allowing university seismologist Stephen Malone use triangulation to determine the point of origin."

heraldnet.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It isn't a question on whether or not there was a meteor, there was, it's a question of, was there a meteorite.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Not much to say, but that it lit up the night sky and triggered many siesmographs.

These meteorties are coming in too fast for a National defense system to react to in a timely manner.

Was it orginally the size of a house or a car before it burned up?

new topics

top topics

join