It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-NSA worker charged in classified leak case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Thomas A. Drake Accused of NSA Disclosures

cryptome.org

Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:33:19 -0500

A federal grand jury in the District of Maryland has returned a 10-count indictment charging former National Security Agency (NSA) senior executive Thomas A. Drake with the willful retention of classified information, obstruction of justice and making false statements.

According to the indictment, Drake, 52, was a high-ranking NSA employee from 2001 through 2008, where he had access to highly classified documents and information. The indictment alleges that between approximately February 2006 and November 2007, a newspaper reporter published a series of
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-4-2010 by devildogUSMC]EDIT:fixed title

[edit on 15-4-2010 by devildogUSMC]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It looks like they really would like to crucify this gentleman. I am unsure at the moment what Drake's motivation was to leak the information that he did, what his personal agenda was, and what he accomplished with his actions. I am leaning towards thinking that he felt he was on the side of justice and truth when he did what he did.

cryptome.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Now that I have been thinking a little more on the matter, maybe he did it for good old money or a combination of money and rightiousness; now I am not sure. HELP?????

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Two disinfo flags from the article.

secure e-mails without disclosing the sender or recipient’s identity

Anyone working from within the NSA realizes securing email accounts actually does authenticate the users so they would not use such an account to hide evidence.

information that he was not authorized to possess or disclose.

If he never signed a non disclosure agreement that authorized his possession of the information then it may fall in the independently acquired knowledge category. People are free to speculate and often do guess the details of classified information without stealing it.

Gotta be a honey pot..

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Bordon81]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
the way I read the article, it appeared that nothing
he leaked out was of National Security risk.
He leaked out stories about bad software
the NSA were using. He was an advocate
against the bad software since he was
a software engineer for the NSA.

to me this is a witch hunt

It would be no different than an accountant
who leaks out info about the company he works
for to a reporter. In the end hoping the reporter
can make a stink about it in the paper to get
protocols or procedures changed by public pressure.

I also noticed that he was having a relationship
with the reporter whom he leaked it to.
So they together looked like they tried to bring
this NSA problem to the forefront to get it fixed.

I would go easy on the guy
I mean, like it's not like he gave away
military secrets to China or something.
I dont think he's a traitor. Just a Quality Control
operator.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

That makes alot of sense but I'm still open to the possibility that maybe they aren't telling us everything as usual.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It's such a hypocrisy to see this type of selective justice. I say this because on one hand they want to make an example of someone for so many idiotic mistakes and criminal actions that I find it odd that nothing ever happened to the Dir. of the CIA John Deutch.

Don't take my word for it, just read the following link and you will see why I think this new NSA issue is a joke in the scheme of bigger things. It seems as if someone in the NSA rubbed someone the wrong way and to make an example of them, the NSA is going to pursue it to the hilt while the Director of the CIA does it and gets off Scott free and even got a good job afterwords. Such is the life of the "unaccountable to anyone crowd."

Take a look and enjoy. old.disinfo.com...

Thanks for the posting.

top topics

join