It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada escaped worst of recession (StatsCan)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The Recession hasn't even yet started, and look whose talking like it never even happened

I Dont the believe news stories anymore, guess they don't post any evidence
Not to mention the comments on the CBC one is funny.

www.cbc.ca...

Whats also funny is that CbC has always used this image of this port ever since the recession started, i wonder if the port is still working!

this comment made me lol

Times like this, we need words of comfort, motivation, and encouragment. This article and all the number made me feel better, seriously, thank you Can stat. Read

a good comment

I guess they are talking about the rich made it because I know many middle class and below having a hard time living / paying bills and having enough food

www.torontosun.com...
no 'Great Recession

Man this makes me puke!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
The Recession hasn't even yet started, and look whose talking like it never even happened

Fact is, the shenanigans that the bankers pulled in the States would have had them thrown in jail up here. Not for lack of trying, though...the Liberals simply said NO and the Tories let it stand. I've seen worse here...simply not the melt-down it was down south.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

But from your point of view do you not agree that its not over?
I mean look eupore is still heading to the worst and who knows what will happen after that.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Canada sells just as much as it buys...

America should look into that.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

But from your point of view do you not agree that its not over?
I mean look eupore is still heading to the worst and who knows what will happen after that.

Frankly, the biggest hit was in the auto sector and they're rehiring at GM. It was simply not as bad here, because the damage was to employment, not to the real estate market. The bottom didn't drop out of the housing market. They say the average person took a 9% whack to their personal wealth. Interest rates are at an all-time low. Back in the 80's, mortgage rates were at 22%.

It may not be over, here, but it could'a been a lot worse.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Some interesting website canadians should look up...

It just shows how crazy the house market is in Canada right now... just like before the big fall in the US.

Crack Shack or Mansion?

The canadian economy will unravel once the US dollar dies....which is probably within a year.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Some interesting website canadians should look up...

It just shows how crazy the house market is in Canada right now... just like before the big fall in the US.
The Canadian economy will unravel once the US dollar dies....which is probably within a year.

Vancouver is not your average Canadian market, being tucked in between ocean and mountains. Even still...a house is only worth what somebody will pay for it, but cities are where the highest paying jobs are and prices are commensurate. On the other hand, our mortgage system is not based upon financial voodoo, as the US is.

As to the rest...get back to me on that, willya?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Lol.. are you still on about this..

Btw the way.. Europe is spelt E U R O P E..

And are you talking about the EU? The Continent? The EUROZONE? Or specific States/countries?

Please elaborate.. Even though from personal experience with running into you, you have no idea what you are talking about from a factual and technical perspective... So im not expecting much..

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I would have to agree that the biggest hit for Canada has been the job market. Most areas stumbled, but it could have been alot worse.

Our numbers are 1/10th those of the US. The US has alot more to lose, well 10 times as much.

A potential serious problem for Canada is this dollar business. A high dollar will kill manufacturing. I live in Ontario, and I see this area as one of the worst hit for employment / manufacturing in Canada.

But if you haven't lost your job, very little has changed for you. If you have lost your job, it is a big problem. I have friends and family who have been unable to find work for well over a year now, when it used to take 3-6 months tops . Tell them the problems are over.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I really hope that my fellow Canucks don't buy this B.S... This is nothing more than garbage propaganda..

Canada is in very serious trouble folks.. don't kid your self.

We have the most sub-prime mortgages in the world. A housing bubble that will make the American one look like a joke.
For instance, after the Olympics the housing prices here in Vancity jumped 22%... That's on top of an existing housing bubble..

Jobs are a joke here... all part time garbage.. wal-mart, starbucks and other low-paying junk.
Every province in the country, including the country it self, is running historic deficits every MONTH.
Our bank (bank-o-Canada) is run by Goldman sacs.
We don't really own ANY of the oil in our country.
Stimulus spending is going to crush this country... Once America goes, so does Canada.. (you know, since the U.S is the LARGEST trading partner with Canada.)
Canadians have soooo much credit card debt that it will be impossible to pay it off..

I am pretty saddened that you guys listen to MSM and think everything is ok..

Far from it..... far from it..

new topics

top topics

join