It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USD/CHF used for stock market manipulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I made a forex script that shorts the USD/CHF when US market hours begin, and covers when they end, and then buys USD/CHF when US market hours end, and sells when they begin again.

In my opinion the results clearly show that someone is using this particular cross to hammer the dollar during market hours, "juicing" the markets. The graph here is the script's backtested profits.

Who is responsible for this???

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What trading software are you using?

What market hours are you talking about NEW YORK 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Also the Swiss are into banking interventions quite often, so that doesn't surprise me.

Also banks make up the biggest percentage of liquidity in FX

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
What trading software are you using?

What market hours are you talking about NEW YORK 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM?

Metatrader 4.
New York 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.

Man it's like artificial propping up of the markets is the new normal, no one bats an eyelash at it.

You know the game chicken? That's what I'd imagine purchasing SPY calls is like in this economy.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by scwizard]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by scwizard

The stock market is a fantasy world. It is truly built on lies and opinion. It is only a matter of time when you live in a fantasy world before the gig is up. The money is worthless the companies are worthless. You can not get something for nothing forever eventually you need to pay the piper. I wonder who is going to pay the most in this scenario?

Kiss your retirement ad pension goodbye. The fix is in they need the money and they will not hesitate to take it and we are so apathetic we wont even see it coming.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
and it's trapped for days at a time by options strikes and expiries..that really holds a price level like a brick wall

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Well US Markets open at 930, not 9am

Tell me specifically what time etc.

I can test it on my data feed as well as it is through Interactive Brokers and I also have FXCM

What data feed are you using?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

I know, but I was lazy with the coding. Not really sure what data feed I'm using. It's either coming from fxopen or from some other place.

Here's the script: codepad.org...

Plug it into your FXCM branded metatrader and tell me what happens I guess.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Im not a fan of metatrader personally ( i do have it) but I do have other software to test this on..

Tell me specifically what time it bought and what time it sold

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Short 9AM Eastern (GMT-5), Cover 4PM Eastern
Buy 4PM Eastern, Sell 9AM Eastern

Take profit 42 pips above the mark or so. No stop loss.

I'd imagine you'd get better results by changing 9AM Eastern to 9:30AM Eastern.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

ok, Ill take a look at this after markets close today and I can shut my other programs down

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Hey, I didn't get a chance to do this yet. I have been racking my brain setting up position sizes in IB for GBP AUD Pairings which converting the cross currencies is making my head spin. Not to mention changing all my codes for programs...

Keep this thread updated, also see what kind of things you can see in other pairs etc.

join