It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on at NASA??? Anyone???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
How do I word this?

Here today we had the president discussing the future of NASA.

But what about, the representation of the past of NASA?

Let me quote an interesting part of the Presidents speach today at NASA:
www.nasa.gov...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 15, 2010

REMARKS BY THE PRESIDENT
ON SPACE EXPLORATION IN THE 21ST CENTURY

John F. Kennedy Space Center
Merritt Island, Florida

2:55 P.M. EDT

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you, everybody. Thank you. (Applause.) Thank you so much. Thank you, everybody. Please have a seat. Thank you.

I want to thank Senator Bill Nelson and NASA Administrator Charlie Bolden for their extraordinary leadership. I want to recognize Dr. Buzz Aldrin as well, who’s in the house. (Applause.) Four decades ago, Buzz became a legend. But in the four decades since he’s also been one of America’s leading visionaries and authorities on human space flight.

Few people -- present company excluded -- can claim the expertise of Buzz and Bill and Charlie when it comes to space exploration....

NOT ONE SINGLE MENTION OF NEIL ARMSTRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

What is going on here, active re-writing of history?

You can't leave him out of NASA's future can you?

No mention of the FIRST man in history to set foot on The Moon!

Are you kidding me?
[edited spelling]
[edit on 15-4-2010 by theability]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Neil Armstrong looong ago left NASA and all it stood for and decided to live a quiet life teaching. He has had very little to do or say about NASA since 1971

Why would he have something to say about todays space program?

Yes, he was one of the lucky ones chosen to walk on the moon...make no mistake about that, there was a line a 100 miles long of worthy people wanting to be in his shoes...and tried also. He simply got the right people to smile at him. Its not like the moon was some sort of deathtrap...he wanted to be a icon and a hero...then once he got the medal, he left.

Buzz has been very active in NASA business to date, he has been a champion of keeping the public interested, has even occasionally perked up the UFO community now and again (and kept a few healthy ATS threads going).

Obama isn't rewriting history, he is sighting relevance. Neil went to the moon and stepped on it first...big whoop...there were plenty of others whom almost never get mentioned anymore. Why isn't Michael Collins mentioned? Why isn't a endless list of contributors listed? because its not about rehashing endless history lessons that are unrelated to the present and future.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

If I may:

Why isn't Michael Collins mentioned?

You know, I actually had to stop, then think about what you had commented upon.

You know: Without Micheal Collins Apollo 11 would never have happend.

I agree with you completely.

You have to admit...though still not one word...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
My question is this .. Does anyone believe that this will actually happen ? ( the trip to Mars ) Have not other presidents also made similar claims ?

Also, just how will " we " get to these far off places , considering we have no means to get off this planet , once the Shuttle is retired ?

Hmm please help me , who was the President who scraped plans to build a replacement for the Shuttle ?

As to the OP and why he didn't mention these people , you do have to wonder . As this NASA trip was planed well in advance and his speech had to have been read over and edited more than once ( purposely left out ) .

But if we are to ask why certain people weren't mentioned , the name Verner Von Brown comes to mind

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Max_TO]

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Max_TO]

jra

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability
NOT ONE SINGLE MENTION OF NEIL ARMSTRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

What is going on here, active re-writing of history?

You can't leave him out of NASA's future can you?

There's no re-writing of history. Armstrong simply does not support the cancellation of the Constellation program. ( Link ).

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jra

hey there jra,

I was simply stunned by the omission, I guess there is a bit of over reaction on my part, I didn't know that Armstrong was crying out public against Obama for the Constellation cancellation.

I would if it was me.

I guess I had expectations of more from a Presidental speach at NASA...

top topics

join