It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can fictional beings become Tulpas?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by soror

True, its like adding fuel to the fire. Even a tiny fire. SA creeped me out for reasons beyond me. I'm not sure if it was the way it was presented(i was reading a compilation of all the fictional accounts) or that I very tired and it was reaching the early morning hours. Still a nice story to scare people with.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think we allready have a similar issue, with the devil for instance, many many many people sacredely believed in his existance for 3000 years... maybe he is only real when we expect him to be.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychiatrium
I think we already have a similar issue, with the devil for instance, many many many people sacredly believed in his existence for 3000 years... maybe he is only real when we expect him to be.

I've never thought of that. Very interesting and it could be true.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Consider such a theory . It is proven that the world around us is made up of energy which cannot be destroyed . Well but that energy is/might be intelligent the problem is humans cannot comprehend the pure state of energy . With creating Gods, Tulpas , mythology , all we are doing is we are giving the pure energy a way to manifest so our brains can comprehend.

It is basically like a translation machine for your brain.

This is actually the belief of many shamans , that the primal energy can manifest as anything that "you" believe and comprehend fully. Angels, Demons , Pagan Gods , Nordic Gods , etc .. this is all the same energy , only the template for different humans is different .

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think that what should be explainedis that a thoughtform can become quite vivid but can also have a squatter move in I.E a spirit.

A friend of mine was haunted by a certain rock star and his guitarist buddy Both are still alive. I got her to test them when they manifiested using obscure facts about them that are however in the poublic domain. She did not have the answers. They both failed dismally on things like their last track on their most recent album.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Very, very interesting thread, wish it was longer.
Unfortunately I have no experience or knowledge of these things but I'm dying to hear more from people who have studied the subject so I'm bumping this.
S+F!

*Goes off to search for more similar threads*

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

I've been away for awhile but its nice to see interest is still alive.

*bump*

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I've wondered (more than a few times) if some UFOs are Tulpas. Some of the stories concerning abductions too, where people think the 'aliens' seem to be empty beings doing the bidding of some higher entity and communicating by thought. And the morphing of the ships and the entities, instruments, etc. If that was the case - WHAT A POWER TO HAVE!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I've wondered (more than a few times) if some UFOs are Tulpas. Some of the stories concerning abductions too, where people think the 'aliens' seem to be empty beings doing the bidding of some higher entity and communicating by thought. And the morphing of the ships and the entities, instruments, etc. If that was the case - WHAT A POWER TO HAVE!

Indeed and very interesting question! If this were to be true I wonder how we would separate the real ones from the fake(tulpa)?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What is the first mention of thought forms becoming tangible entities outside of Buddhism and the concept of Tulpa? Seems like a very modern notion. Are there some notable stories about people making a golem like life form manifest? I'd be interested. www.zombielogic.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I was also interested in Tulpae at one point. I am a Mahayana Buddhist. I went so far as to speak with a Monk at our local Sangha about these "thoughtforms". He seemed to think they were indeed possible, but dangerous for someone not "grounded" to mess with. I also spoke with a man who said his grandfather had several Tulpae in Vietnam. Apparently he would have them work his fields, and one day one of them became sentient and he had to destroy it. I may be able to dig up the actual post/conversation if anyone is interested.

EDIT: I decided to include two postings I made on the Sub-Reddits /r/Occult and /r/Buddhism.

www.reddit.com... i_roccult_i_was_sent_here_by_my_friends_over_at/

www.reddit.com... p/may_not_be_exactly_the_right_place_for_this_but/

edit on 7-7-2013 by UrbanMonkeyOne because: Added links for interest.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by UrbanMonkeyOne

Could it be that these thoughtforms get taken over by negative entities?
That would explain why they seem to have the habit of turning evil.

Though, real physicallly created tulpa sounds pretty outrageous, but knowing from experience that reality, thought and emotion is inextricably linked I have to say that I'm open to the possibility of it being a real phenomena.
Imagine how powerful a magician would have to be to be able to do something like that, boggles the mind..

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think Poltergeists might be tulpas that people accidentally create. Usually by kids around the age of puberty who are going through extreme emotional upheaval. Maybe the unconscious mind is capable of using all kinds of psychic ability without our conscious awareness. Maybe it does indeed use our latent paranormal powers to make our creations real on another level.

In the collective unconscious.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod

Could it be that these thoughtforms get taken over by negative entities?
That would explain why they seem to have the habit of turning evil.

Though, real physicallly created tulpa sounds pretty outrageous, but knowing from experience that reality, thought and emotion is inextricably linked I have to say that I'm open to the possibility of it being a real phenomena.
Imagine how powerful a magician would have to be to be able to do something like that, boggles the mind..

I have no idea really. It was just a topic that interested me as a Buddhist, and these are the answers I have so far. Also, a magician would have to be very powerful, but sometimes I wonder if people like Jesus were just very powerful magicians? (not trying to start a religious battle, just thinking).

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Satan does indeed exist. His given name is Dawn

Wait! That's my dish washing soap!

Anyway, I wrote a short story years ago (when tulpas were rather new) it was about this guy that went to his local pub and started talking to this girl that sat next to him.

He was talking to her about a article he was writing on tulpas. Long story short she faded away (she was a tulpa)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Yeah, that's pretty much my view on Jesus, a fellow traveller on the path, though, on a completely other level compared to us 'mortals', if he did indeed exist he was probably a buddha or at least on the path of becoming one(I'm not too familiar with the different classifications and or levels of enlightenment espoused by buddhism).

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Really interesting topic. I wonder how this might tie in to children's imaginary friends. I never had any but my sisters did. So as the child grows up and parents tell them that their friend isn't real, they lose their belief and the tulpa goes away.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join