It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires: A Re-Dux

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Greetings one and all to my humble thread! Please, bear with me through this next bit of unpleasantness. Now, there are several vampire threads here on ATS and I have read through a few of them. I do not like the way that they seemed to meander through the realms of flaming, name-calling, and general diversions from the original topic. I did not create this thread to argue whether or not vampires exist. I did not create this thread in order for members to bully one another or other such nonsense. I did not create this thread to talk about psychic vampires or some other New Agey stuff.
This thread is simply this: I implore you to post ANY and ALL personal, or semi-personal encounters with beings that would appear to be vampires. I use the term vampire in reference to a being that: may or not be harmed by the sunlight, has a human appearance, may or may not be unimaginably physically attractive or simply seems to have an unnatural appeal, a being that subsists mainly on the blood of other organisms, may or may not be inhumanly fast and/or strong, may or may not have either extra-sensory abilities or "para-normal" abilities, may or may not have been seen at night, etc. You get the basic jist, no?
Please keep this thread civil and somewhat academic. Also, I, in no way claim to be a vampire or know a vampire, etc. I am simply fascinated by them and would like to read other people's TRUE encounters with beings that fit these descriptions. I, unfortunately or fortunately
, have no experiences of my own with vampires. Let the posting begin!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think that it is a possibility that vampires are real, but I have never encountered one. They might be demons, or just a supernatural creature of Earth. Either way, I am also fascinated with them, and I hope that someone on this website can provide for us, a legitimate, and factual story about their encounter with one.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If there are vampires, I bet they don't look like Abercrombie and Fitch models with sparkling skin

Really though, I don't think it's scientifically possible for a vampire to exist.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Have i met one of the being you've described? No

I've met people who have blood craving but those are caused by deficiency of iron in the blood i believe. Well, somethings missing from the blood so they crave others blood that contains it.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsAgentScully

Exactly, agent Scully. Something is just not right about vampires. The truth is out there !

My only encounter with a vampire is when I played Night Hunter on Atari 520, as a kid. Extremely interesting game.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Torsten

Ah, I'm so sorry to be contentious on your humble little thread. But, there's no such thing as vampires. Sorry.
I can see you want them to be.

As far as unimaginably goodlooking, you must be thinking of Antonio Banderas, Tom and Brad. I agree those were some goodlooking vampires.

[edit on 4/15/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I tend to agree with film critic Roger Ebert, that if Vampires were real, they would resemble end-stage heroin addicts, but with even less hygiene and social skills. They would not even remotely sexy or glamorous.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Torsten

I implore you to post ANY and ALL personal, or semi-personal
encounters with beings that would appear to be vampires

My experience does not meet your qualifications, but since nobody else seems to be taking you very seriously, I offer you this personal account of an encounter with what appeared to be an energy vampire.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I am not trying to be rude here, but I think this needs to be said. A fair number of you seem not to have read my original post. I specifically stated that I was not here to argue whether or not vampires exist. I specifically stated that I was not interested in any accounts of "psi-vamps" or "energy vampires"; no disrespect is intended to any "energy vamps" or anyone with an alleged case involving one. They just do not interest me due to an extensive background in traditional kung fu, eastern religions, and qi gong.
Once again, I reiterate, I am only interested in the encounters of individuals with beings that meet the some or all of the criteria I wrote of in the original post. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I know for a fact vampires are real. In college I dated, errr dated is a strong word, a girl who had prosthetic vampire teeth, she said they were real but cmon. They felt like porcelin. Andway, she said she was a sexual vampire. So I thought cool! For about a weekend. She bit me, just a nip. But for the rest of the weekend I found myself sleeping during the day and craving gatorade.

I'msorry but vampires in the traditional sense are a product of the imagination. Vlade the Impaler was a psychopath and had a psychological break after the death of his wife. Vampires are the least likely of all the major cryptos. Werewolves, yea I can see that, just not like in the movies. Zombifacation, yea, insomuch as supressing humans heart rate until its inaudible then using spychoactives to mind control them. Ghosts, yup. Demons,why not.

But vampires. Start human and convert your sysem to sustain itself with blood is BS. So is walking around with a hypothermic body temp. Cmon. The vamps out there are people who are mentally ill or took roll playing games to far.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Torsten
Once again, I reiterate, I am only interested in the encounters of individuals with beings that meet the some or all of the criteria I wrote of in the original post. Thank you.

If everyone complied with your criteria, this would be one short thread, indeed.

Unless you'd accept stories of vampires met in dreams...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Torsten

I think VAMPIRE is a trait given to any blood sucking, soul draining demonic weak creature that needs a host to feed off. But whats to say of a creature that only drains negative energy, dines on only negative blood, would this also be a vampire?

Never met 1 UM JUST SAYEN!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If you wanted only REAL encounters with vampires, you probably would have no responses. If you did get a response it would be from someone who is either having a good time with you or someone who is delusional. Vampires in the sense that you are looking for probably don't exist, and if they do they aren't going around having tea with mortals. Mortals that crossed their paths would not live to tell about it. This isn't True Blood, as cool as that would be.

Psy-vamps and saguinarians are around but the are no more immortal than the garden variety human.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
there were some threads about it

if there is some kind of different species from humans, that have more abilities, then we are f%$%¨since they are probably into biggest positions in our governments

but its not very probable

but lets not forget, its very possible that there are people out there, VERY possible, that just likes blood and for some reason they are addicted or something, and they may be stealing blood from blood banks or kidnapping people;

if this is real, which I believe in some form, there may be more problems: since some leaders and people in some power position may be one of these addicted, that would make impossible to investigate; it could be something huge and organized ... who knows, there are so many sick people out there, imagine sick people with high IQs ... and together ...^^

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Torsten

I'm afraid the thread would be empty if we followed those requirements.
Still an interesting topic for discussion, though it may not be what you wish.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuetzalcoatlAlien
If there are vampires, I bet they don't look like Abercrombie and Fitch models with sparkling skin

Really though, I don't think it's scientifically possible for a vampire to exist.

What if science is flawed though...

I could see vampires being 100% legit and real, though ( this could turn some people away) their origins may not be the same as ours, and maybe why their slight "adaptations" don't measure up exact with our science.

IMO at some point in our history there were many different humanoid beings....some almost identical to us and some slightly different. Kind of like how animal species have evolved into different groups.

Just remember how much harder it would be to fake being a vampire 100-1000 years ago ? Some of these cases and sightings are probably 100% true and legit beings that are altered ( vampires ).

It would be ignorant when discussing anything topic to just throw aside good evidence or good thoughts and theories just because it doesn't fit our " world view life model "....

we must remember we are humans and we make mistakes and we will always be wrong about stuff....that I am sure of..

So maybe we need to realize we don't have everything figured out and maybe these things do exist..

Just think about what we have discovered in the past decade, involving things we thought were impossible ...

sorry if I ran off track a bit. Good topic and thread. Vampires and such have always interested me, but I do agree that past threads on this topic end up being a bunch of 3rd graders arguing over if it's real or not.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So all this crap about that it is posible that ghosts and other stuff exist and that vampires as in blood sucking not ill humans dont, is pure ***. sorry for being harsh , but its true. For one fakt people arent so creative to come up whit something like vampires, dragons aso. That proves all creatures from the past exist or have existed.
I have seen ghost and I have seen vampires (as in undeads, maybe blood sucking). One thing I find interesting is that ghosts have a cold surrounding and vampires a warm one. As for them who think im ill in the head, you are wrong. Ive read many stories on this site about meeting vampires, I have.
As I think many of you are from America, it I's more usual to meet vampires in europe ( thats what I think ). This sounds foolish, I know. Sometimes I still cant belive there are such things as vamires, ghosts aso. Mostly I connect with ghosts, but as vampires became more real I have been connecting whit them. They arent in our dimension, so its kindof hard. They hide in other dimensinos.
If you have any questions send me an e-mail. I don't want people telling me that im ill, so dont bother with that. My e-mail is: [email protected]
Right now im trying to enter the astral world.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by elvaana
So all this crap about that it is posible that ghosts and other stuff exist and that vampires as in blood sucking not ill humans dont, is pure ***. sorry for being harsh , but its true. For one fakt people arent so creative to come up whit something like vampires, dragons aso. That proves all creatures from the past exist or have existed.
I have seen ghost and I have seen vampires (as in undeads, maybe blood sucking). One thing I find interesting is that ghosts have a cold surrounding and vampires a warm one. As for them who think im ill in the head, you are wrong. Ive read many stories on this site about meeting vampires, I have.
As I think many of you are from America, it I's more usual to meet vampires in europe ( thats what I think ). This sounds foolish, I know. Sometimes I still cant belive there are such things as vamires, ghosts aso. Mostly I connect with ghosts, but as vampires became more real I have been connecting whit them. They arent in our dimension, so its kindof hard. They hide in other dimensinos.
If you have any questions send me an e-mail. I don't want people telling me that im ill, so dont bother with that. My e-mail is: [email protected]

First of all, the theory behind ghosts are that they are the souls of the dead. The theory behind vampires is that they have been transformed from human to vampire. Which means their internal organs were totally restructured while their appearance stayed the same. This is not likely. Consider the fact that a vampire body has NEVER EVER EVER been found. Sure, they're immortal, but what about those that have been killed?

And to say humans aren't creative enough to come up with vampires is beyond insane. JK Rowling came up with a wizard world with a whole bunch of crazy species and enemies in it. The human mind is extraordinarily creative, and really, vampires aren't that creative.

You present that it's more common to meet vampires in Europe as a fact, but then follow it up with (I think). Why? Because it is speculation on something you want to believe. Then you say that even though they are more common in Europe they aren't in our dimension. How in the hell does that make sense?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555

Originally posted by elvaana

First of all, the theory behind ghosts are that they are the souls of the dead. The theory behind vampires is that they have been transformed from human to vampire. Which means their internal organs were totally restructured while their appearance stayed the same. This is not likely. Consider the fact that a vampire body has NEVER EVER EVER been found. Sure, they're immortal, but what about those that have been killed?

And to say humans aren't creative enough to come up with vampires is beyond insane. JK Rowling came up with a wizard world with a whole bunch of crazy species and enemies in it. The human mind is extraordinarily creative, and really, vampires aren't that creative.

You present that it's more common to meet vampires in Europe as a fact, but then follow it up with (I think). Why? Because it is speculation on something you want to believe. Then you say that even though they are more common in Europe they aren't in our dimension. How in the hell does that make sense?

You think I dont know about the theory of ghosts and vampires, do you think I'm youst going with the flow and making all up? Ok, you may think what you want. Aboyt the bodies I dont know, Im not a vampire and Im not one of those twilight and true blood fans, so I don think the body turns to dust but who knows?

I have to say that yes some people today are able to come up whit new thing, but they are in some ways similar to old legends aso. And new species, thats cool, but if you look closer and try you can find things similar. And who said tahat vampires are more creative? you say it as you have met one?

Its not a fakt and I added the I think because I think so, but Its NOT a fakt. Just my opinion. It dosent make sense, that is my biggest doubt right now, its a doubt because it isnt said by me. I'm not a ** vampire expert, so dont hope that all I say is as good as a fakt. I just said what I belive and hoped that someone in the world belives in the same things. Im not trying to say that i know everything. And why cant people think for one minute befor they start saying that all I say is false?
Think about this world all that is in this universe, how big it is , isnt it so true that there i life somewhere out there? Why cant it be true that there are creatures that are immortal and are maybe sucking blood aso, If there is a mirakle as humans and the universe. There are animals that live like vampires: sucking blood, living to be verevery old and growing very slow. Vampires are like blood sucking trees

Its very good that diferent people have diferent opinions on this, but if you just like making fun of me, then dont say it

[edit on 27-4-2010 by elvaana]

new topics

top topics

join