It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of Times is Here

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

To understand the 4 horsemen you must first understand the symbolism being employed here. Ex; The 7 churches symbolize the seven eras of Gods church. The seven seals correlate to the churches by representing the political eras of the church, and the seven trumpets correlate to both the churches and seals but relate to the waring agianst God's people.
The four horsemen represents what was happening to God's word The bible during these times.

White horse was the purity of the word given by the disciples, during this time many converts were won to the church.

Red horse was the changing of satan's plan to eliminate god's people by which you eliminate the word of god. Red represents the early persecutions of God's saints.

Black horse represents the apparent vanquishment of God's word by the marrying of paganism and christianity "The Dark ages" But god's word edured symbolized by the oil and wine a symbol of the holy spirit.

The pale horse is the era of today. The word has been brought back the "protestant reformation" but it is sick with errors "Pale" not all the way white and not all the way Black.

But the Bible promises that in these last days the doctrines of the white horse the beliefs of the original church, the teachings of Jesus and the disciples will be rediscovered.

When lined up in this way we understand a clearer picture of the controversy between God and Satan.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
You are not a Christian. You are a cultist and you are sick and need help. No, I am not joking.

Unfortunately, you have much company right now due to the insane and profit-driven rise of the evangelicals. Like many who are also ignorant, you are being manipulated by others who gain power and/or wealth from your indoctrination.

It is shocking to witness and it is going to explode in our faces.

Flame away people, but we need to be unafraid of offending these cowardly psychos who have stolen Christianity from the Christians, these people who "pray" for "end times" and the deaths of those they are afraid of.

You should be used as a poster child for why Religion, and especially "Christians" are the reason for war and intolerance. The Catholics hate the Baptists, who hate the born agains, who hate the Methodists, on and on -- who all hate those of the Islam faith and the Jews.

I had a brother like you. He's dead now. No one was a "real Christian" except him. He finally started his own "Church" in his home -- attended by a small band of wimps.

Truth is, the Bible is so contradictory that you can't make any sense of it. There is a GOD, and "He" hates all religions.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Your response ophiuchus is one I would expect from one who isn't open to asking questions but rather one who follows a leader blindly. If you believe in your religion so blindly who is to say that other religions are not right? You should read "The Allegory of the Cave"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hi,
Welcome to ATS.

These scenarios and scripture can be applied to most decades.

I believe they should be used as a guide to live our own lives. If we can apply all the end time scripture to a current day, we must be failing our test. Realization of this, is a step to serenity.

It may just be me. . . But our volatility is predictable, and so is mother natures. Generally speaking.
Writing warnings about what "end times" could be, is pretty easy.

Seeing it and making a difference, is the hard part.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I fear some of the posters on this site may suffer from paranoid schizophrenia. I'm not saying this as a stab at you, just being honest as I know people who suffer from it. The tired "end of the world" routine has been played out for the past thousand years, if it wasn't hitler as the anti christ it was Y2K as the end of all things.....Go enjoy the planet, smoke a joint, meet some people, do what you gotta do. Just stop fear mongering and obsessing over something in which none of us have control. This site has become as poison as Fox News, just on the other side.....Truth is, your mindset is both delusional and dangerous, plain and simple.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by TheJuice902]

[edit on 16-4-2010 by TheJuice902]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

"You should be used as a poster child for why Religion, and especially "Christians" are the reason for war and intolerance. The Catholics hate the Baptists, who hate the born agains, who hate the Methodists, on and on -- who all hate those of the Islam faith and the Jews."

That be a curious designation for an atheist like me to be a poster child for religion. Unfortunately for you, you seem to have a limited ability to reason because you see things that are not there. Am I supposed to feel chided and scared for your post because you have a dead brother? Why, did you kill him?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The end of the world has been predicted since the begining of the world. ANd odds are the Earth will be here until the sun burns out. There are many in this world who accept the new testament but not revelations. There are many who don't accept the new testament. There are many who don't accept the bible at all. Many accept it dont take it in the literal sense.

What makes your take on it correct and the millions of people who disagree with you wrong?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
@OP

Stop quoting a fairytale and i might consider believing you.... Actually no, i'd probably not believe you anyway.

[edit on 16/4/10 by Edews]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Um, the inflation rate is under 2%, the lowest it has been for some time.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If you think its the end of times or anyone who does can I have your stuff on the off chance you could be wrong just like every other the end is nighe type over say the last few hundered years.

If it is the end of times and your right you won't be needing it anyway.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by jpmail]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
GENETIC ENGINEERING
www.youtube.com...

Countdown until ascension...FREE FULL ALBUM DOWNLOADS VIA EKTOPLAZM NET LABEL...

www.ektoplazm.com...
www.ektoplazm.com...
www.ektoplazm.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Personally I don't think the First horseman is the "antichrist", the angel that speaks to John about the Beast makes no mention of a connection.

The Four Horsemen are like the personifications of divine wrath that precede the rise of the Beasts of the sea and the earth.

If anything, the Four Horsemen may have arrived over 700 years ago.

There are two reasons I say this:

One is the horseman's description: A rider carrying a bow, aka a Horse Archer. The Romans, Greeks, and Jews were not Horse Archers. There were tribes in Central and East Asia, well known as being master horse archers.

Two: A chain of events that began in the Middle Ages and followed the prophecy closely.

I. The Conqueror: Mongolian and Turkish tribes are united under Genghis Khan and began a conquest that will end in the destruction of the most advanced civilizations(China, India, Abbasid Caliphate) at the time. It would also end with the largest empire ever conquered in history.

II. War: The Mongol Conquests would result in the deaths of over 30 million people. It was not until World War II that any war's death toll would surpass the conquests of the Horde. The war stretched all the way to the Holy Roman Empire, where a combined force of Teutonic Knights and Holy Roman troops were defeated by Mongols. The only thing that stopped them from conquering Europe, was the death of Kublai Khan, which effectively ended the conquests.

III. Famine: The Little Ice Age set in after the Conquests and killed millions all over the world. The Viking nations were completely devastated and never recovered. Contact was lost with all Viking settlements in the New World. Iceland barely survived. The famines were global and the scale of them have not yet been repeated in history.

IV. Pestilence: The Black Death, coming with the Mongol conquests was a devastating disease. The Plague would kill 1/4 of all people in Europe. It was so devastating that it would set the stage for the fracture of the all powerful Roman church.

After these four events, our world was never the same.

We entered an era of war, conquest, and discovery unlike the world had ever seen. Eventually it would lead to the whole earth being fought over by great powers with weapons that people could only dream of. Weapons that could kill all life on earth.

So my interpretation, is that the first seal could have been broken long ago. Its just a theory, so don't assume that I think it must be that way. I am open to other ideas.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I appreciate your concern for others and that you have a strong desire to pass this on, despite seeming knowledge that posting this subject might cause ridicule or stress for you.

I recommend checking your source.
The Bible has spawned over 38,000 different denominations due to the myriad ways to translate its vague assertions.
It's not appropriate to trust one part of the Book when other parts have been proven as contridications, citing ONLY the Bible itself!

According to Matthew, Joseph was descended from David's son Solomon through 27 generations (David to Joseph inclusive). (Matthew 1:1-16)
But according to Luke, Joseph was descended from David's son Nathan through 42 generations (David to Joseph, inclusive). (Luke 3:23-31)

Depending on which disciple is writing the 12 disciples were not the same list of people. Matthew and Luke also don't have the same story about where or how many disciples met after Jesus' resurection. Matthew says all 11, Luke says all 10.

The disciples also disagree on what was written over Jesus' head during the crucifixion and disagree on what his final words were. Many, MANY errors in the Bible if you're willing to read the whole book with an open mind.

I recommend BibleBlunders.com for Christians to challenge and maybe strengthen their faith, and also as a challenge that if the Bible was not divinely transferred by God, that maybe Christianity is more about controlling the masses and making the leaders rich and powerful.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJuice902

While I couldn't agree with you more, I do have to play devil's advocate.

This is a conspiracy theory website.

Most conspiracies are built on paranoia and doom. I come to see the OTHER side of the spectrum, as well as reading MSM. It's half entertainment, and half truth's mixed with some brilliant skeptics and theorists alike.

For some people it gives them meaning to prepare for the end.
For when it comes, it may be them, WE seek for guidance. haha.

Anyways. Starred your post, because I DO agree.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Demoncreeper]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
did Christianity lie to the entire consciousness of our species?
If 9/11 didn't happen, would the world would still be asleep...?

I've heard rumors that Christianity was established by the 'elite' to bring in a worldwide prayer for the second coming of the messiah/maitreya..which goes back thousands of years earlier to Sumeria and Babylon...

Fortunetly the knowledge has been protected and taken root in religions rarely practiced today...(Judaism/satanism--one in the same)...

But this is coming from a broken robot in a mindless generation, so don't listen to me.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Because i can't deny that i have been feeling an increasing sense of un-ease, and heading out for a long hike into the bush is not the cure it used to be.

Being religious really has nothing to do with anything. Some things are just true, whether you believe them or not.

Yeah, I have been posting on all the earthquake posts that seem to pop up weekly around here. I too have been feeling like something is coming. It doesnt matter if you're christian, luciferian, atheist, you cannot deny that in the past few years we have seen a major increase in death by severe storms, tsunami's, earthquakes, disease, war, it seems like things just keep getting worse.

Last year, if you had asked me about the whole 2012 thing, I would have laughed. Now.... not so sure. If things continue this way I think its important everyone stock up on supplies... just in case

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
the end of times have been talked about since the beginning of recorded history. Guess what? Humans are still here and moving along just nicely.

The only "END" that anyone needs to worry about is the end of their own lives. We will all die one day so the end will come for all of us eventually. But just because we will pass on does not mean the entire world will die off.

With or without you, the world will keep going. No amount of prophecies or bible verses will change that fact.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Holy %$*@ the end is here! Thanks for the heads up I'm going to sell all my stuff tomarrow. I'll be donating all my money to the church of latter day saints. See you on the other side friend.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Blue Shift

The problem wit the "choose any date" idea is that yes, there are a lot of things that match up. But there is always one piece missing that makes it not true.

Until now, that is. Everything is in place. Tensions are rising, and many, if not all of the world's prophecies are coming together at this point in time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Most religious people I know can't even agree on what the Seven Seals are, how many have been broken, or basically anything else.

Look at it this way. For most of us, we will die and the world will cease to exist in 80 years or much less. So as far as the "End of Times" is concerned, it's always going to be the End of Times for somebody.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join