It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of Times is Here

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Israel's rebirth took place to the day it was prophesied to be fulfilled.

Please post the Bible verse where it specifically says Israel would be reborn on May 14th 1948 AD.

D). The precise names of the countries who would be their enemies were given by name (this coalition now exists).

That is intriguing. Please post the verse that contains the names of these modern nations.

As for the others most are self-fulfilling.

The Jews slowly returning, well they were scattered all over the Earth and still are, not surprising for it to be a slow process. Of course they are surrounded by enemies, their nation was destroyed, most of them left, then they came back and just reclaimed a whole bunch of land. Seems like coming in and claiming a whole bunch of land that they weren't occupying before would earn any group a lot of enemies especially a group cocky enough to claim to be God's chosen people. Remember when we came in and claimed manifest Destiny from the native Americans? We rightfully earned ourselves some enemies for being cocky enough to claim that God was giving us land that wasn't ours. Don't forget that in order to get the "promised land" the Bible claims the Israelites went on a genocidal rampage which also earned them some enemies back then.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

... Again!

IRM

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Every generation believes it is living in the so-called "end times"... It's been going on all throughout recorded human history — or, at least, that part of history dealing with apocalyptic prophecy.

Europeans of the 10th Century were so certain that Christ was returning in the year 1000 AD that most farmers didn't even bother planting crops — as you might guess, the following year was one of famine and death, sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Humans seem to cherish these prophetic deadlines. But I'm not just speaking of theists... Scientists are just as guilty of falsely forecasting doom and gloom, and they're proven wrong just as often as are the theists.

Which just goes to show, both Religion and Science are nothing more than faulty concepts with a common origin — the human brain.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I think the "rebirth" of Israel can be found in Ezekiel 38:8.

Russia and Iran ready to attack Israel-Ezekiel 38:5,15,16 and Revelation 6:4,12

One world government-Revelation 13:1-10

Skyrocketing commodities-Revelation 6:6

Appearance of the anti-christ on the world stage-Daniel 11:21-23,Revelation 6:2

Birthpangs leading into Tribulation-Matthew 24:7-9

(These are from some of my old notes. I hope I had it correct. If I'm wrong,someone can let me know! I don't have time to double-check right now!)...(Cooking dinner!......)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I am on my phone now, so please excuse the shortness of my answer.

Israel reborn to the day:

Ezekial 4:3-6

Israel surrounded by enemies:

Ezekiel 38 & 39

Psalms 83

Isaiah 17:1

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

But Doc, in the same respect, doesn't it seem quite odd that there are bunch of coincidences going on in the world today? I mean, the world governments know about all of these religious texts (obviously), so would it be such a stretch to say that perhaps they are in on the whole thing to make sure it happens? I mean, maybe they come out and "disclose" all the pertinent data and say that they have the ability to stop it, if only we surrender complete rule to them. It is the granddaddy of conspiracies.

I know it's been said time and time again on ATS, but it kinda makes sense...don't you think?

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

And once again, I say . . . the signs may have been similar, but never have the puzzle pieces been all put into play like this. Nevermind the fact that most of the prophecies seem to be converting in our time, which again, has never happened.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by Hydroman

Fine. You refuse to deny ignorance by doing your homework.

Google a list of end time prophecies and give me a date that they have all been fulfilled.

I'm at work and the internet has been down for the past few hours. So, I just began my search.

Here's Matthew 24:5 "For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many."

Here's a list of those who throughout history have claimed to be a messiah: en.wikipedia.org...

Here is Matthew 24:6 "And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet"

Here's a list of wars that have occured throughout history: en.wikipedia.org...

Here is Matthew 24:7 "7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places."

Here is a list of famines throughout history: en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a list of diseases/pestilences throughout history: en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a list of known earthquakes throughout history: en.wikipedia.org...

Matthew 24:9 "Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake"

List of christian martyrs throughout history: en.wikipedia.org...

Matthew 24:10 " And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another."

Lol, kinda hard to find info on that, but yeah it happened throughout history, because we are human.

Matthew 24:11 "11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many."

List of false prophecies throughout history: www.religioustolerance.org...

Matthew 24:12 "And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. "

Iniquity has always abounded, has it not?

Matthew 24:14 "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

It's been preached all over the world, and many times by the tip of the sword.

Matthew 24:15 "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand"

Have to be honest here, I don't know what this is talking about.

Matthew 24:29: "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken"

The stars will fall from heaven? Stars don't fall. The sun has been darkened many times by eclipses, so has the moon.

Matthew 24:29-30 hasn't happened.

Matthew 24:33 is where Jesus is talking to the disciples. He says that they will see these things and will know the end is near. Then in verse 34 he says (speaking to the disciples is he not?) that their generation will not pass till those things be fulfilled.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

You make a valid point in terms of what you expect you get,look at all the recent apocalyptic minded prophets and seers,Jim Jones,David Koresh,Aum supreme truth even Charles Manson all got their expected apocalypse at the micro-level.Seeing as I believe in multiple timelines and that you gravitate towards a timeline that reflects your thinking I try to remain as positive as possible,heaven or hell is a choice in this lifetime also.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

That's okay.

So 390 years plus 40 years is somehow supposed to equal May 14th 1948. Math isn't my forte but that doesn't work especially when Ezekiel was written in the 500s BC some time.

Ezekiel 38 mentions Magog, Persia, Cush, Gomer, Gog, umm where are the names of modern nations? Psalm 83 mentions Assyria and Endor (the moon from Star Wars? Just kidding) Again it does not mention the names of modern nations which anyone who actually knew and could predict the future would be able to give.

You can call me blind and I'm sure you will but there is nothing specific about any of this. Its all open to interpretation and a true prophecy would not be, it would be a direct statement of something that was going to happen that could NOT have been known before hand and has almost no chance of being guessed.

Edit to Add: We're kinda derailing this thread though. If you'd like to continue please send me a U2U, I don't feel right derailing this thread any further with our back and forth

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hey welcome…
I just wanted to comment on a few of the things you had written here.
First…

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
Revelation 6:2 "I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror and bent on conquest".

This passage describes the Antichrist, whom I believe is among us and in power.

There is more then one school of Christian prophetic teaching, there are three main ones. Only one teaches that there is going to be a powerful Antichrist person. The others teach that there are many antichrists. There is more biblical support for the teaching that anyone who rejects Christ is an antichrist, then there is for there being a powerful one time antichrist.

However…
Historicism, which is the original protestant belief, teaches that there is a powerful man (or station of men) that defy God and lead many astray. All the original protestant teachers understood this person to be the Pontifex Maximus, later called the Holy Pontiff, or Pope.

The Roman Catholic Church could, of course, not accept this interpretation, so they started the Counter Reformation placing the Jesuit Order (sort of like the RCC’s version of the CIA) in charge of stopping this teaching. One of the most successful ways they did this was to offer two competing schools of Prophetic Interpretation, Preterism (what Catholics currently believe), and Futurism (which is what you are quoting above).

Since many of your protestant churches did not study to teach prophecy (until it became popular again nearing the 1990’s), many pastors learned from sources related to the Moody Bible Institute, who were teaching Futurism. This is how protestant churches went from teaching the proper Historicism of their founding fathers into teaching Jesuit Futurism;

A good link further explaining what I have stated above

I recommend that you learn all three schools if you want to study prophecy, and you learn which ones came from the Jesuits as part of the Counter Reformation and which did not…

You will be surprised at how much more accurate (though less politically correct) that Historicism is compared to Futurism. For example Futurists point to the reinstating of Israel as a modern prophecy that has come true, yet if you follow Historicism hundreds of modern prophecies come true.

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
When Jesus said that, he was refering to the "age" they were in. When Jesus was born the "age" went from the age of aries, to the age of pisces, which started in 1 A.D.

Originally posted by assasinforfather
Yes, the horsemen have been riding since Jesus assended into the heavens wreaking havoc until He returns. He will return!

I have to say that assasinforfather is closer to the truth on this one. While Futurists look to a future 7 year tribulation period, historicists realize that the end times started with the fall of Jerusalem in 70ad which marked the end of the “Age of the Jews” and the start of the “Church Age” or the sometimes called the “Age of the Gentiles”. This is the end that Christ is referring to when he is talking to the disciples in the gospels. If you notice they start off by discussing when the Temple would be destroyed and “when would the end of an age be”, well that came to pass in 70 ad. In other words the End of the World has been ongoing for close to 2000 years, and will continue on until the return of Christ. Where we currently are is in the End times of the “End times”, so we are nearing the end of the “Age of the Church”, the return of Christ, and the Judgment.

I am going to add this, since I know its going to come up…
The 42 months, 1260 days, and so on, all relate to the same period of time, and it has already passed. That period of time is exactly equal to the amount of time there was from when the Emperors started to hand over their power (and Title) to the Bishops of Rome (Pontifex Maximus, or Pope), to the time that Napoleon removed the Popes as a political power and gave power back to the people of Italy. It is the period in which the Crusades occurred, as did the Inquisitions. When many good Christians were tortured to death for refusing to believe in Rome’s Pagan version of Christianity, and when the Bible had to be taught by Protestants in secret for fear of death (the two witnesses who teach in sackcloth, or the old and new testament).

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

But Doc, in the same respect, doesn't it seem quite odd that there are bunch of coincidences going on in the world today? I mean, the world governments know about all of these religious texts (obviously), so would it be such a stretch to say that perhaps they are in on the whole thing to make sure it happens? I mean, maybe they come out and "disclose" all the pertinent data and say that they have the ability to stop it, if only we surrender complete rule to them. It is the granddaddy of conspiracies.

I know it's been said time and time again on ATS, but it kinda makes sense...don't you think?

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

If that is the case,I can't wait to watch them utterly destroy themselves!

(Maybe they didn't read the ending yet?)

Nope,I think Satan has them totally deceived into thinking they will win. That's not what the Bible says!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

On the Edge I've sent you several U2Us in response. I'm not planning on making any other posts on this thread unless they pertain to the OP directly. Please U2U me from here on out. Thanks

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Well, without starting a completely off topic debate, I'm just going to pose you with one question: How do you know that the current words in your current Bible are really true? It is a well-documented fact that it has been altered and edited over the years to change view-points and/or to push a certain agenda. I think you really need to look back to the original Hebrew version of the Bible for your answers, as it's the only one that hasn't been altered....

but then again, I really don't take any stock in science or religion, because both ways of thinking are extremely flawed.....and they are both points of view that people die and kill one another over.

So I'll leave it at that.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I think you really need to look back to the original Hebrew version of the Bible for your answers, as it's the only one that hasn't been altered....

That would be great, except there are no originals in the Hebrew version. Only copies of copies of copies, etc. and who knows if those were altered?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Hydroman]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

As I previously stated, I am on my phone, so this will be brief.

All the prophecies have a link to the past. Wrong. Yes, the prophecies you mentioned occur all the time. But you can't cherry pick to suit your needs. The end times require more than wars, earthquakes, famines, and disease. I need to see Russia in power, Israel as a reborn nation, a 200,000 man army in the east, the Roman empire reborn, etc. And that is just to name a few. When have those things happened in the past?

Regarding "this generation" . . .

I am in now way a pre-trib believer, but this site explains it well:

www.pre-trib.org...

[edit on 4/15/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Google is your friend. No matter what I say, you will not believe. I gave you the passages. It is up to you to do the research. I will check back in tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

I think you really need to look back to the original Hebrew version of the Bible for your answers, as it's the only one that hasn't been altered....

That would be great, except there are no originals in the Hebrew version. Only copies of copies of copies, etc. and who knows if those were altered?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Hydroman]

Which is exactly my point. There are only copies of copies. So how can one just assume that the words are correct when it is well known that is has been changed? Who knows what the original words were and what they pertained to. For all we know it could have been instructions on how to accurately build a spaceship when the time comes to evacuate the planet because of a huge meteorite. I mean, it could be a million different things. The only thing that can be certain is that man is inherently flawed (if you take the words of the Bible to be true), man transcribed the Bible, therefore the Bible is flawed too. But this could go in circles all day. Put it this way: we will never know the truth, because there are men out there that want to keep all the true knowledge to themselves. So, they destroyed the evidence so to speak to keep the masses in line. That is my theory, and I'm sticking to it.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
We are in the BEGINNING of the end times as described in the first chapter of The Revelation, in the bible - warning the congregations in ASIA -"The Muslims" / "The Saints" - of the white invaders who will torture, kill, and imprison them!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Every generation believes it is living in the so-called "end times"... It's been going on all throughout recorded human history — or, at least, that part of history dealing with apocalyptic prophecy.

Hey doc, hope you're well…

You and I are somewhat on the same page when it comes to skepticism about many things. However it should be noted that there is further support of us nearing the return of Christ that has not occurred in other ages. First is that not only is Christian Prophecy pointing to this period in time, many of the other religions prophecies seem to point to this time as a significant juncture in this world.

Secondly, you should know that the Bible is cyclic. Things from the old testament relate back to things in the New Testament, things in both related to things in Prophetic Language, etc. 7 is a significant number in the Bible relating to completion. We are currently at the 7000-year mark in regards to when the stories of Adam and Eve occurred. This next 1000 years should bring the current world to completion according to when the currant world started (I personally believe that there was stuff here before the current world, but that is a topic for another thread). If I had to venture a guess, though no man is to know the date or hour of the end, I would not look much beyond the 2030-2070 year mark… Again just a personal educated guess based on the events that occurred in 30ad-70ad…
Then again it could be tomorrow, or 100 years from now, but in no way would I expect the current world to ever see the 3000 mark.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join