It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of Times is Here

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
All of those things have happened all throughout history. IMO, the reason why it seems like so much is going on is because of the technology of communication in our times. If something happens in any country, we know about it immediately. This wasn't the case in the past, when these exact same "end times" things were occuring.

Many people die in earthquakes today because there are bigger cities with bigger buildings. There are more things that can kill people in earthquakes today than 200 years ago...gas lines, electrical lines, all kinds of flammable fuels, etc.

There have been horrible wars worse than we have today all throughout history.

There have been bad economic problems throughout history, but we recover.

This is life.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

In fact, looking more closely, I more-or-less agree with you apart from the identity of the first horse. This seems to be the one where theories vary most.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by Blue Shift

Nice...I really like what you said. So true, there has never been an era when they couldn't relate the four horsemen to their situation.

Don't just look at one prophetic happening and pass judgement. The prophecies all have to happen.

Please give me dates when all the prophecies were fulfilled. Not just some or most.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
All of those things have happened all throughout history. IMO, the reason why it seems like so much is going on is because of the technology of communication in our times. If something happens in any country, we know about it immediately. This wasn't the case in the past, when these exact same "end times" things were occuring.

Many people die in earthquakes today because there are bigger cities with bigger buildings. There are more things that can kill people in earthquakes today than 200 years ago...gas lines, electrical lines, all kinds of flammable fuels, etc.

There have been horrible wars worse than we have today all throughout history.

There have been bad economic problems throughout history, but we recover.

This is life.

Once again, please point me to a time when all the prophecies have been fulfilled. Not just some or most.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Thank you for your kind words and I pray the same for you. Selah.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Alright, now that I am done giving the OP some constructive criticism, I will now focus on the topic at hand. Again, sorry OP for being harsh.

Anyway,

yes, it is very easy to see that there is much tension in the world today. To me, more so than ever. The thing is, don't let that stop you from enjoying your life. You should be enjoying your life even more so if you think the end times are near. My advice: go for a walk outside. Take off your shoes and walk barefoot on some nice cool grass. Find some trees and go meditate with them. Be out in nature, and enjoy every minute you are here on this still beautiful planet.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

It is not that they have been forfilled, but that the birthpains are increasing, and you can't deny they are, that the soon birth of the "Kingdom of God" is close at hand.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Once again, please point me to a time when all the prophecies have been fulfilled. Not just some or most.

What do you want me to do? List every war, every earthquake, every disease epidemic, every famine, etc.?

Also, what is meant by birth pains?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Hydroman]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
Roll with the punches, don't let anyone get to you.

Personally, I do believe in an "end of days" scenario. The four horsemen of the apocalypse is up for translation. It's all in perspective, but I can see where you are coming from.

The amount of earthquakes and natural disasters is what is alarming to me. I need to do some research on the frequency of earthquakes, but it does certainly seem like something is going on...is it the apocolypse? Your guess is as good as mine. I believe things are going to come to a head in the near future. There is just too much greed, corruption, oppression, and the list goes on...So, is it the biblical apocalypse, or just man continuing to be self-destructive????

Welcome, I'm new myself.

heres a table showing the increase in earthquakes since the 30s

too bad it ends on 2006, but still good for you're research
table

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

What do you want me to do? List every war, every earthquake, every disease epidemic, every famine, etc.?

I want you to study Biblical prophecy, then show me a time when all those prophecies were fulfilled. Should be easy since it could mean any time in the past, as you have stated.

Have at it

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Welcome to your first thread, ReVolUtion!

I think you did a fair interpretation/synopsis. I see "76" in your screenname. Incidentally, "76", what I am guessing was your birth year, was my HS graduation year. I remember most of it -- '76 -- and what seemed the most pressing at that time was that I felt the desperate need to flee the country and its rural ways for the city, where I could [hopefully] find my path.

I didn't find it there, but what is a path, but a trail that others have followed? Nope, to really find your path, you must break trail.

What I remember most about those days was that things felt they were coming to a head -- computers came out, although not yet the luggable personal computer with the charming 6 X 6" green screen; the UN, pushed by the U.S. vetoed the formation of a Palestinian State, Jimmy Carter was elected, a couple of volcanoes erupted which seemed frightening and important, alleged Cuban terrorists bombed a Cuban flight, War, pestilence, The USSR was on everyone's tongues, wondering not if, but when the big birds were going to fly, and people who could afford to were building fallout bunkers, gas was being rationed, and the end of everything was just a heartbeat away. People were heading for the hills, and communes touted as "natural living" were springing up around the globe.

The Sex Pistols were carving out a new wave with lyrics that seared the senses of revolution, antigovernment and anti-everything. The Band played their Last Waltz.

Viking landed on Mars, and many of us believed that proof of nonterrestrial intelligent life was imminent, as there was precious little of it to be found on the surface of THIS blue ball. Yeah, I knew everything back then.

......... and there was this PRESSURE, like an overheated cooker, that seemed a portent of everything about to BLOW, and blow big, and everybody knew it wasn't good, and in Los Angeles, between Wilshire and Santa Monica Blvds., there sprang up legion of people proclaiming "The End is Near" and in Hollywood, people partied like it was 1999 because the end was near.

I don't want you to infer from my verbose ramblings that I am trying to denigrate your beliefs or your thread ideals -- quite the opposite....... I would suggest to you that the end times are LONG and wide from a human perspective, and that they began perhaps more than 50 years ago and might possibly extend outward toward the end of my lifetime.

I don't believe that the end times are a sharp point that can be graphed but a gradual cumulation of events that, perhaps, looking backward 50 years from now, we can say, yup, that was the start of it.

Of course, I'm 52 this sunday, and decidedly full of crap. Good thread, either way. ........and, thanks for the inspired flashback.

Welcome to ATS/BTS!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Hydroman] [/quote
'Jesus said that in the last days it would be as a woman who travails in birth.' meaning that earth pains would increase, saying that it is clear that earthquakes in diverse places, natural disasters, wars and rumors of wars, pestilences and natural phenominom, violence and the love of many 'wax cold' is at a level never before witnessed by mankind. I believe that mankind is about to witness the birth of "His Kingdom Come." Soon and very soon.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I want you to study Biblical prophecy, then show me a time when all those prophecies were fulfilled. Should be easy since it could mean any time in the past, as you have stated.

Have at it

Lol.

You want me to study Bible prophecy? If I did that, I wouldn't be able to respond to this thread for several years. All those who study bible prophecy interpret it different ways. What if I don't interpret it to your satisfaction?

It would help me out if you tell me which prophecies you are talking about? The earthquakes? The famines? The wars? What?

What I'm saying is that those things have happened ALL throughout history. Do you not know that, or do you think it has only happened in the past few years?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by assasinforfather
['Jesus said that in the last days it would be as a woman who travails in birth.' meaning that earth pains would increase, saying that it is clear that earthquakes in diverse places, natural disasters, wars and rumors of wars, pestilences and natural phenominom, violence and the love of many 'wax cold' is at a level never before witnessed by mankind. I believe that mankind is about to witness the birth of "His Kingdom Come." Soon and very soon.

Again, everyone one of those things have been happening all throughout history.

There have been earthquakes in diverse places since this earth has existed. It's a natural thing for it to happen.

There have been natural disasters since the beginning of time.

There have been countless wars and rumors of wars. We hear more about it now because of communication technology.

There has been violence all throughout history. You remember the dark ages?

There have been pestilences and diseases all throughout mankind's time on earth.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by assasinforfather

Preaching to the choir, buddy.

I am with you. I am trying to show that there may have been similar times, never have all the puzzle pieces been in play.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hey I'm a christian OP do you believe IsraHELL is an endtime fulfilllment

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Fine. You refuse to deny ignorance by doing your homework.

Google a list of end time prophecies and give me a date that they have all been fulfilled.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The recent volcanic activity makes me wonder if the first 3 horseman are volcanoes / volcanic activity.

Revelation 6:2 "I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror and bent on conquest".

This would be a volcano that that emits lots of ash, like we're seeing in Iceland now or like Mt St. Helens.

Revelation 6:4 "Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the Earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword".

This would be like the volcanoes in Hawaii that have lava flows.

Revelation 6:5"...I looked and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Revelation 6:6 "Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barely for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine".

This would be like Mt Vesuvius with pummis and ash that turned into concrete in peoples throats and lungs.

Revelation 6:8 "I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death , and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the Earth to kill by sword, famine and plague and by the wild beasts of the Earth".

The last one would be the result of the first three. No crops, no clean water and those that survived would be faced with disease.

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Hydroman

Fine. You refuse to deny ignorance by doing your homework.

Google a list of end time prophecies and give me a date that they have all been fulfilled.

Start here for now! www.remnantofgod.net...

Peter Stoner in "Science Speaks" (Moody Press, 1963) takes just eight of the Old Testament prophecies concerning Christ - not all of them, just eight - and shows that coincidence is ruled out by the science of probability. He says, "We find that the chance that any man might have lived down to the present time and fulfilled all eight prophecies is 1 in 10(17th)." That would be one in 100,000,000,000,000,000. And then to help us understand this staggering figure, he illustrates it by supposing that "we take 10(17th) silver dollars and lay them on the face of Texas (approximate area : 263,000 square miles). They will cover all of the state two feet deep. Now mark one of these silver dollars and stir the whole mass thoroughly, all over the state. Blindfold a man and tell him that he can travel as far as he wishes," anywhere in the state. But he must pick up the silver dollar that was marked. What chance would he have of getting the right one? "Just the same chance that the prophets would have had of writing these eight prophecies and having them all come true in any one man, from their day to the present time, providing they wrote them in their own wisdom."

Evidently this business of fulfilling prophecy isn't so easy. No wonder the psychics miss so much of the time! -By Marjorie Lewis Lloyd, Signs of the Times, August 1976.

By the way... I have listed up above JUST 100 prophecies of Christ. How can 100 prophecies, fulfilled in a single person, be a deliberate deception or even a mere coincidence? The probability of one man fulfilling all of these prophecies by chance is 10 to the power of 157! I can't even imagine the amount of zeros you would have at the end of a number that large. Nor can I imagine how many coines deep that would be to cover Texas!

(Look at the chart on the page at the link.)

Bear in mind the words of Isaac Newton:"God gave the prophecies of the Old Testaments,not to gratify men's curiosities by enabling them to foreknow things,but that after they were fulfilled they might be interpreted by the event,and His own providence,not the interpreter's,be then manifested thereby to the world. For the events of things predicted many ages before will then be a convincing argument that the world is governed by providence."

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Don't you mean end of Time is here, because End of Times doesn't sound right to me. Or did you mean the End Times are here?

Lot's of people believe this is the end times, from multiples faiths but the fact is that every generation has believed it would be the last. Every generation there are dates put forward for when the world will end, people make careers on making world ending predictions and they bring all sorts of new age nonsense and religious prophecy in to support their ideas.

The fact of the matter remains that no one knows when the world will end and no one knows how. You can claim otherwise, you can claim its all in the Bible but that doesn't make it true no more than any other prophecy is true. My problem with end times prophecy is that they are all vague or nonsensical. In Revelation you've got half-lion half-scorpion half-locusts torturing people (yes I know i put 3 halves) and giant horsemen riding around and a supposedly merciful God giving angels permission to torment and kill people. Then at the end of Revelation you have a supposedly merciful God throwing billions into a lake of fire to burn FOREVER with no chance of escape and it claims that Magicians and Cowards will be among those burned (so David Blaine and anyone who's ever run from a fight will go to Hell apparently)...

You see it makes no sense so there's no reason to put any faith in it. Besides it doesn't even offer a time frame for itself, we have no idea when any of that stuff is supposed to happen.

The final nail in the coffin is that those in power, TPTB can manipulate world events to make it APPEAR that prophecy is coming to pass and if they do that they can easily sway and manipulate believers.

So I see no real reason to believe that the end is near.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join