It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State wants you living in sin!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I was looking online to help a friend get his marriage liscense from the city of Fresno and this is what I found

"Before a marriage license can be issued, First Person and Second Person must bring in a valid driver's license or a DMV issued Identification Card. If you do not have either of these, you must provide a certified copy of your birth certificate and another acceptable form of picture I.D.

To obtain a Confidential Marriage License, First Person and Second Person must be living together as a married couple. The same I.D. requirements as mentioned above are applicable."

This is right from their page and here is the link hopefully.
www.co.fresno.ca.us...

Basically they are saying that you need to be living in sin to qualify for a legal title. If I am right, and I hope I am not, this is an attack against people of faith in the central valley california.

If I am just reading this wrong, feel free to set me straight.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by eazyriderl_l]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

I don't think this is the standard type of marriage licence:

Confidential Marriage License

Advantages

One of the advantages of a confidential marriage license is that your specialized notary,usually a specially authorized wedding officiant, (please note: not ALL wedding officiants are specially authorized to issue this marriage licence) can provide you with an immediate signed and notarized duplicate of your marriage license and certificate that is valid proof of your marriage for all federal and state governmental purposes, such as immigration issues or property issues. No other California county provides such a duplicate. Instead, if you marry with a marriage license issued by any other county you'll have to wait up to 10 weeks or more to receive a certified copy of your marriage license and certificate.

Cost

A Confidential Marriage License in Los Angeles county costs the same as a public marriage license, which is $70.

Read more: LA Marriage Licence.com

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It says the two people must be living together as a MARRIED couple to get the confidential marriage license. That isn't living in sin is it?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Actually, the attack on faith comes whenever the government in any way, shape, or form acknowledges or tries to regulate religious ceremonial unions or other type activities.

Marriage should be done in a church...simple unions done in a courthouse or whatnot.

From what I read, thats somewhat how the state is conducting its business...so, give a call to some church where you are to be married at. Sounds like the state part is just a paperwork technicality you need to get done.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
They did this to protect same-sex couples from having their marriage licenses, which are technically public information, to be used against them when getting a job, etc.

It basically gives them an out, to not have to come out, publicly.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This doesn't make sense to me.

How does the government get to tell me and my wife we are married?

I don't think so. Only God and the Universe can make that choice.

Gov't Marriage licences look bunk to me.

I accept religious marriages as legitimate however.

All religions have marriage ceremonies.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Oh, good Lord, do you think they really care, and are going to scrutinize your proof for a marriage license?

Have your cash ready in hand, and they will probably issue a license to a dog wishing to marry a cow!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
muzzleflash,

"All religions have marriage ceremonies". You forgot the but. But not all marriages involve religious ceremonies. As much as some would like to keep "marriage" for the religious, it is not so. I see any joining of two willing adults as a marriage. No matter if they believe in "god".

The government doesn't "tell" you that you are married, you tell the government, or not.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Okay that is one type of marriage licence. Marrige is not a purely religious institution. The first marrige "laws" that were discovered come from the code of Hamurabi but latter in rome marriage was secular, like it is today. The state if anything is doing a favor by recognizing religious marriages, a good argument could be made for having religious marriages not recognized by the state and make those people go to a courthouse to get a legal marriage. However the state does recognize that religious people want to get married in their church so they allow it, i.e dawkins and hitchens do not run te state.
If you want to not live in sin fine live seperate and get married in a church. Premarital sex, living together and courthouse weddings is fine for everyone else.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Marriage should be done in a church...simple unions done in a courthouse or whatnot.

Marriage is not strictly Christian, Marriage is an institution created by man. All cultures have some form of Marriage.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Just currious where in the bible does it say anything about not living together before marriage or sex before marriage?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Thanks for the informative replies. i now see that this is a different license and that explaines the wording. @ Zaiger the page says "Living together AS a married couple" thats why i said living in sin. I took that to mean sex and all. Moot point though, as this is something different.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Actually, the attack on faith comes whenever the government in any way, shape, or form acknowledges or tries to regulate religious ceremonial unions or other type activities.

From what I read, thats somewhat how the state is conducting its business...so, give a call to some church where you are to be married at. Sounds like the state part is just a paperwork technicality you need to get done.

When is the last time you fell madly in love with a girl, got on one knee.. and said:

"dang baby, our relationship is so special and lasting...will you do me the honor of....going with me to city hall so we can pay the government to get involved in our love!.. say yes!!"

If I write "we're married" with a poop brown crayon on toilet paper, then swing a dead chicken over my head while worshiping satin and sporting a red plastic bonobo monkey ass.. when my ceremony is over, we're married.. it's none of the govts or anyone else's business.

Live how you want to live, if some strangers opines you're life is "sinful".. but you're happier than a freemason bathing in baby blood, gleefully laugh in their face and get on with being happy.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by GovtFlu]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Why wouldn't you live in sin? Number one it's fun, secondly it's necessary. I mean, you wouldn't buy a care without test driving it would you?

top topics

join