It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a film like Rocky 4 have more impact on the human race than Obama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
We all can look back to when this movie came out, and i think it is the most important film ever made in hollywood. Personally the speech here had more impact than obama or reagen ever had on the whole world.

Just watch again.

www.youtube.com...

I think the 21st century is one where the human race will get rid of greed. But i think this clip played a massive role in it, and shows how powerful messages in films can be for those who say films do not impact society. This film ahs nothing to do with boxing, for all the people who cannot see that.

Hollywood plays a massive role in telling us what is right and wrong today and of course you guys and gals love the loose morals that has come from people being educated by filsm and tv today.

But i would like to say thanks to this film, no matter how you think about films, it makes me laugh that obama thinks he changed this and that, but this film changed whole countries and brought down walls, that seperated humanity.

I just wonder if the berlin wall would be still there today if this film never came out?

Just shows the truth that tv and films can impact society for good, although the west is also rubbish as the eastern bloc people have now found.

Thoughts....

No obama speech has had the effects that this had to awaken people to a dream of just giving the nwo a try.

Also nice to see alot of the comments showing that the truth that this film had a massive impact on eastern europe, and bringing down those barriers.

[edit on 4/15/2010 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

So the rocky movie has nothing to do with boxing? It is just over an hour of him boxing, training to be a boxer, common social problems boxers have but the movie is really about his motivational speech? Im not sure im with you on this one. Maybe post it in secret societies to get a better response because there are numerous triangles in the movie and the rocky movies are rocky 1 rocky2 rocky3 and rocky4. 1234 are all masonic numbers and if you add them up you get 10 which is a masonic number and the number of sides in a decahedron which is made up of 10 masonic triangles.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I gotta say I remember almost every frame of that movie and it did have a dramatic impact on me. I know a Rocky movie.
But still, it really did.

Interesting question imbedded in your topic about the power of art and ideas. Yes, I think a case can be made that the Rocky movie had a greater impact than that of most presidents.

And now...

"I Must Break You!"

Ha, ha, ha! Love it!

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Cincinnatus]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Not trying to knock your theory but i just dont see how this movie quote directly leads to gobrachev's massive changes in the soviet union due to an escalation of the cold war by regan before this movie came out. The 5 years gobrachev was the ruler of the ussr and the horrible economic policies of the ussr are the only reasons the ussr broke. If they were able to actually call regan's bluff in the early 80s about the millitary strength of america the cold war may still be going on

top topics

join