It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best credible alien abduction book out there?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I am looking for a credible alien abduction book that doesn't have a lot of holes in the story and is well written. In other words, one that can't be debunked easily. Can someone please suggest a good book?

Thank you very much.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Viper2

They all have holes in their stories. Go to skunk works they have lots of abduction stories there.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Viper2

I'm an abductee and highly suggest you look here:

www.karlaturner.org

Dr. Turner is now dead, after being told to stop talking. She wrote three books which are free on the above site. I highly suggest you listen to her free speeches from the site as well. She is well researched.

Rich

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
keep in mind, most standard science books in general still have holes in theories. If your looking for a fringe science book with no holes in it, I say good luck.

Abduction books...meh...pick up communion. That seems to be a favorite amongst extraterrestrial fans.

Are you seeking the truth, or seeking out a system of beliefs that seem plausable?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Viper2

Here are some books on the subject:

Captured! The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience: The True Story of the World's First Documented Alien Abduction by Stanton Friedman and Kathleen Marden

Missing Time by Budd Hopkins

A skeptical look:

The Abduction Enigma: The Truth Behind the Mass Alien Abductions of the Late Twentieth Century (Paperback) by Kevin Randle, Russ Estes, and William P Cone. (Although Kevin Randle does not rule out abductions, he wants ways other than hypnosis to be used to find out if they are real.)

These three books should be a starting point in your finding out what is what. I have included the skeptical take as it is good to see both sides of the argument. "Captured" is a relatively new look at the Hill case, and Ms Marden is Betty Hill's niece.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Maybe check out Captured its about betty and barney hill. Fire in the Sky is a good read too.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viper2
I am looking for a credible alien abduction book that doesn't have a lot of holes in the story and is well written. In other words, one that can't be debunked easily. Can someone please suggest a good book?

Thank you very much.

"Mission Impossible"

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Captured?? I recall Barney and Betty Hill story as the Interrupted Journey. When did they change the title? Mmmm... must go look.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Stardust13]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I read this story the other day at night and it seemed credible and creepy.

www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Viper2

Betty and Barney Hill. They were not copycatting like most of the claimed incidents today.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Stardust13

Your right. It is Interrupted Journey. I read it right after it was released in the sixties the first time.Info Link

[edit on 4/15/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I recommend "Abduction: Human Encounters with Aliens" by John E. Mack. It gets a bit clinical at times and some of the accounts are pretty bizarre, but I guess the whole topic is pretty bizarre.

Mack was a psychiatrist at Harvard Medical School and took some professional heat for his work with abductees.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Oh, and "Secret Life" by David Jacobs. This is probably the one I would recommend most highly to someone who is unfamiliar with the subject.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Also, "The Interrupted Journey" is good for historical reasons, it being the first widely publicized abduction account.

"Missing Time" by Bud Hopkins is decent, too.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
ET interviews :

"The Custodians" - by Dolores Cannon is essential reading! I'm onto her third book "The Convoluted Universe - Book II"

AWESOME reading!

Hope this helps you!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
keep in mind, most standard science books in general still have holes in theories. If your looking for a fringe science book with no holes in it, I say good luck.

Abduction books...meh...pick up communion. That seems to be a favorite amongst extraterrestrial fans.

Are you seeking the truth, or seeking out a system of beliefs that seem plausable?

Thanks for the Communion suggestion. However, your response could have done without the usual skeptical mumbo jumbo against the whole alien abduction subject.

Anyways, I have read many good reviews of Communion and have decided to purchase that.

Thanks everyone else for your responses.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Intruders is another great one! Budd Hopkins wrote it..

cgi.ebay.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I second Karla Turner's three books. Their titles are Taken, Into the Fringe, and Masquerade of Angels. They can all be found for free here:
www.karlaturner.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

yeah well they have that at Grey Area as well. So you have a 2 forums to choose from. I don't see much from Skunk Words :/ I really can't trust anything too. most of them are sometimes false and largely inaccurate.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The Threat by David Jacobs is a good read.

Its a bit troubling though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join