It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't fear the reaper...Yeah right !!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

This is spooky!! Just wanted to share it with all you spooky lovin people out there..

A relative died on Monday and 2 VERY strange, creepy things happened !! The first was she had been drifting in and out of consiousness for several hours and then, and man it was like a scene from "The Exorcist", she sat bolt upright in bed, focusing on the ceiling, eyes wide open and filled with terror, before letting out this blood curdling scream !!
What the hell did she see ??

It sure as hell scared the pants of everyone in that room.......

The second incident was when she sadly died. My daughter was sat with her at the time and was there at the EXACT moment of death. What she saw has really freaked her out and if anyone else has ever experienced this please let me know, cos about a minute after her death a quite strong breeze blew across the room, lifting the top bed sheet as well, and blew back across the room.....
Something it seems had come to take her....
The Grim Reaper ?? Who knows ?? But after the incident earlier it makes you wonder just how scary this Reaper dude might be !!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss. It´s odd, it couldn´t have been a nighmare, because noone sits straight up in bed after it and screams.

How did you come to assume ´twas the Grim Reaper?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bildeberg

There was complete terror in her eyes, really scary stuff. But it was the scream....she was a real gentle soul and whatever she saw, or thought she saw, it terrified her !!

I really can only speculate on the Grim Reaper bit, but some force came into that hospital room at the death moment, I mean, you know how hot n stuffy hospitals are and no windows were open at the time.
Hey, guess the mystery will be revealed to us all one day !!

The other weird thing was in one of her brief concious moments, she kept repeating "is it 4 O clock yet??". My daughter entered her room at 4pm and she died at 4.14pm.......
Co-incidence maybe ??

Spooky!!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

She could have had a premonition of sorts. She said "4 o Clock" so she may have witnessed your daughter coming in.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

aww i'm sorry

but you've also just got my mind going, i am pretty scared now.
whos knows what your friend saw, its definatly something we all should think about because we know nothing after passing away.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bildeberg

My daughter lives in Manchester and had this overpowering urge to leave work and travel up to Harrogate. She said it was a real strong feeling and tell you something else real spooky, she told me 2 days beforehand, that this person would die on the 12th

There is also someone on this site that can verify that as well, cos I told him this when she predicted it !!

Purehughness where are you ??

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

Thanks baby x

Hey who knows what it was eh ?? Don't be scared, I'd love to know though if anyone else has experienced kinda anything similar to this ??

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

i'll try not to be but death is the only thing which scares me for my blood to run cold.
that fact there might be no life after this one, makes me shiver and weep abit.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
That's creepy uk, but not uncommon actually! I have heard similar things before and though fascinating they are creepy hey!

Mam said my grandma who died on my 5th birthday :shk: was sat up in bed talking to her dead father the day she passed away, and as she passed my dad heard her take her last breath and it frightened him to death! his face turns pale talking about it!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

Yeah, I think its quite common for dying people to communicate with dead spirits, guess they probably come to prepare them for exit time !!

But its driving me nuts wanting to know what was on that ceiling, above that bed that was so goddam scary !!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001

i'll try not to be but death is the only thing which scares me for my blood to run cold.
that fact there might be no life after this one, makes me shiver and weep abit.

Of course there's a life after this one :shk:

The soul is eternal baby, it NEVER dies !!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today
reply to post by valiant

Yeah, I think its quite common for dying people to communicate with dead spirits, guess they probably come to prepare them for exit time !!

I'm guessing that's exactly what it is, imo anyway.....we'll all find out one day!

But its driving me nuts wanting to know what was on that ceiling, above that bed that was so goddam scary !!

Freaky eh! guess you may never know! no idea if I believe in the Grim reaper? but the stories had to originate from somewhere so you just never know do you? still.....not a nice thing to see someone like that just before they die! :shk:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I am sorry for your loss.
If she was being medicated, (which is usually morphine at end of life stages), it could have been a bad hallucination that caused her alarm. Or perhaps she had a pain. Sometimes medication can cause the eyes to glaze or state wide open, so it could have been a physical drug side effect if she appeared alarmed.

As far as the 4 o'clock question, maybe that was the regular time of her visitor, or perhaps she remembered someone telling her that her granddaughter would be there at that time and she was looking forward to it.

It is not uncommon for people on morphine to be in and out of lucidity.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

It might not have been what she saw but when she realized. That might have been the moment that she realized that physical death was actually going to happen to her and imminently. We can all say that we're prepared for death but we never really know until it comes on us.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Ah, Damn, I’m really sorry to hear about your relative UK

But from what I’ve heard it really is common for people shortly before death to actually start seeing things, more commonly relatives or people that they once knew from the past.

So as for some this can be a really terrifying experience especially if they have had no paranormal phenomenon occur for them before or if the paranormal is something that they have a real fear of (which alot of people certainly do) so even if they seen a loved one they could still be fearful enough to let out a scream leading us to believe it to be a negative entity that they are seeing.

But I strongly do believe that right before death we’re surrounded by our loved ones and are safe.

Also if I can remember correctly members of my family have experienced similar stories to this as before death some of them have been staring into the exact same spot, completely fixating on it.

Others apparently having conversations with deceased relatives and so on.

Just try and remember that where ever she is she is more than likely happy and is now watching over you.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hello UK Today!

I'm sorry to hear about this. It's sad and yet eerily creepy too.

I've never experienced anything like this before, but usually stories of this type that I've heard of are the opposite, i.e. the person is serene, peaceful, happy.

But who's to say it can't be the other way around?

It's like when people have reported having near death experiences and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

I remember reading a story about a man who was nearing death, but rather than seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, he felt like he was being dragged somewhere horrible where he didn't want to go. Maybe, hell, if you believe in that.

Who knows?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

That´s subjective perception of reality right?

It doesn´t have to be the Reaper.

[edit on 16/4/10 by Bildeberg]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Thanks everyone for your kind words and real interesting input on this xx

I'm sure it was the morphine maybe that was the cause of it, but my god it was one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen, it really did send shivers down my spine, man especially the scream !

I just need to get it outta my head.....

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

When you die a large amount of '___' is released into your brain.

This can cause all sorts of visions and hallucinations. Like any other psychedelic the time and current mood play apart in the trip.

If somebody is afraid of dieing, then their "trip" so to speak will not be pleasant.

Do not fear death, it will be very similar to falling asleep and dreaming, you just will never wake up, do not worry, create a legacy on earth and leave it in the dust behind you.

This is not a perfect world and if you go on to the next one, there is a good chance it will be better than this. Let that end your fear. Even if there is no life after this one, '___' has a way of dealing with that.

Death can be a beautiful experience.

Your death '___' trip will be a good one.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by YissakharMelech]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by YissakharMelech

Oh I agree, death is nothing to be feared, just the opposite in fact !!
I personally have never feared death, it is part of the life experience and happens to everyone just as birth does...

I guess its the mystery surrounding it that is so goddam fascinating cos there are so many differing beliefs on what happens and where we go ??

We sure go into the unknown and unknown it has to remain !!

Goddam it, wish I knew the answer though !!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join