It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Hope For a Moon Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well it's official. Obama said we've been to the Moon already and there's no reason to go back! He couldn't be more wrong

Thank god for Robert Bigelow and his company Bigelow Aerospace!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ead3de295885.jpg[/atsimg]

Check out this article about his plans for a REAL space program that returns humans to the surface of the Moon and build an outpost.

www.space.com...

His latest vision: A quick-deploy moon base capable of housing up to 18 astronauts in inflatable modules on the lunar surface.

Bigelow will go down in the history books right next to Neil Armstrong and Werner Von Braun.

NASA will take at least 30 years before they do anything of intrest in space and probably even longer. I'm about 35 years old so I just missed the Apollo missions, and with the way NASA is going I might go through my entire life without seeing humans go beyond LEO. Bigelow is my only real hope... and my hopes are up

jra

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw
Well it's official. Obama said we've been to the Moon already and there's no reason to go back! He couldn't be more wrong

I agree. While I like Obama's plan more or less. I don't like the idea of skipping the Moon. I'd rather see a focus on the Earth/Moon system (including the L1 and NEO's).

I really like what Bigelow is doing with there inflatable modules. And I really hope that commercial spaceflight becomes successful in the near future. At the rate that the US Government keeps changing NASA's goals, they won't get much done.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

'There is nothing to see on the Moon. Please move on.'

The Moon is off-limits to civilians.

Its been that way since 1968.

Bigelow needs to learn from the military, and dig in under the regolith.

Its more comfy, and shields one from radiation and micrometeoroids and such.

Project Horizon...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Hope this proposed base doesn't conflict with the Alien one already there!!!

new topics

top topics

join