It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK : The "Leaders" Debate - Tonight (20:00)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Very uninspiring bunch really, if i had to score it i think i'd go Clegg followed by Brown, Cameron left me feeling cold.

Clegg was definitely heated on almost every issue, yet Cameron looked worried and not at all decisive on most issues. Brown seemed confident (by his standards) and sure of himself, and at times even grinned when Clegg tried to consistently put the other parties down!

Cameron seemed like he didn't even believe himself anymore!

[edit on 15-4-2010 by john124]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Ohh what I would give for a real leader really the UK has not seen any real leadership in years.

Margaret Thatcher the "iron Lady" started the destruction of democracy and leadership in Britian and it went further down the tubes from there each one has gotten worse and worse and the only reason any of these people are in politics is that most of them went to the same schools, have the same friends and the same rich families to back them.

Sure there a couple of them that don't come from that background but the majority do and they have no idea what life it like for the not privaldged like most of us.

Gordon Brown is a blithering idiot you can't even speak properly let allong grab your attention and keep you hooked like all good public speakers should be able to do.

David Cameron = private school chump whos mummy and daddy paid for his life and move into politics. I very much doubt he has worked for a sinlge thing in his life and has never nor will he ever know what is it to go without.

Glegg is just a tool Lib Dems in my opnion will never see power, we will end up stuck with Labour or Tory and nothing will change regardless of the face in charge.

What I want in a political leader is, confidence, the ability to tell other countries to get lost in the strongest possible terms, look after the interests of the people that he/she is meant to represent first above all others.

Above all I want a political leader who can actually tell the truth. Find me one of them that will answer a yes or no question truthfully above "would you like sugar in your tea" and I would be greatly surprised.

All this crap thats on the telly is nothing close about being for us the people its all for them and them only. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

I wish I had a solution for it but I don't so I am stuck with them screwing me and every other person they can in this country for every penny they can get, as I garuntee the only thing on these peoples minds when an election comes up is money and power. How much they can take of both before there time is up.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by jpmail]

<< 1  2   >>

join