It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK : The "Leaders" Debate - Tonight (20:00)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I liked Cameron's views on drugs then.

More help to get addicts clean rather than put on to a substitute like Methadone. Exactly the route to go.

End this stupid 'War on Drugs', which is actually a 'War on People'.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

a bit meh so far, not one money question yet which has suprised me, everythings kinda steered towards crime and people control thus far!

oh, and lol, cameron just said that lib dems got 2 mill from someone who is on the run hahaha

[edit on 15-4-2010 by boaby_phet]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
End this stupid 'War on Drugs', which is actually a 'War on People'.

Exactly, they just pick and choose who they target, and when the best thing is the person needs is to get a life, or at least one that is livable, not to have people forcibly giving him more drugs.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Its a lot less sterile than the American effort. At least they are having a go at each other and trying to throw some right hooks.

Shame ITV are screening it, god they are amateur. 'Mr Brown', 'Mr Clegg'. The moderator sounds like a yapping Jack Russell.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
i thinking that too, suchet is starting to annoy me!

theirs alot of agreement, or trying to agree with one another going on as well, i dont get that, they need to try and be different i thought!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Clegg trying to divide and conquer. Brown is coming out of this better than Cameron overall for me. Attempting to make it clear that the Tories are the cutters and Labour are the spenders, even within the deficit.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Brown is coming across really badly to me.

Cameron speaks some sense, and I actually think Clegg is coming across really really well - he totally nailed the corruption question.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think clegg will come out out the winner, but he's not going to be prime minister. Brown and Cameron as bad as each other so far

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
im in 100% agreement, if i was actualy voting, id be voting clegg after this!

also

whats gordon brown going on about with this 6 billion fisure, he seems to be avoiding the points and constantly mentioning this 6 billion he cant sparE ?!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I am a pretty far left but I will have to go with...

1. Nick Clegg
2. Gordon Brown
3. David Cameron.

Actually IMO most of these guys seem pretty down to earth, compared to US politicians.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think Clegg was always going to come out of this the best, mainly because the other two idiots go out of their way to put each other down, probably because they don't see Clegg as a threat.

Gordon takes every opportunity to agree (partially) with Clegg, as long as it makes Cameron look weak, pathetic.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Browns comments about supporting the troops took the biscuit.

The man either thinks people are stupid and have no memory, or he's a complete fool.

In fact, nearly all of his answers require a massive amount of amnesia if people are to believe them.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

The troops are never supported by any government. They all try and carry out their wars, invasions as cheaply as possible. The Tories cut the armed forces to pieces in the 80's even during the Falklands War.

Clegg is right, replacing Trident like for like is pointless. At least reduce the amount of weapons we have from 130 odd to say 12. We will always have the ability to produce more if we ever need to.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Brown's tactic in this debate appears to be to come across as a normal guy, someone we can trust. But, your previous actions have shown that you are untrustworthy and have as much charisma as a slug.

Clegg seems to think if he slips in the word, fair every few sentences that it will make people vote for him... what a joke!

Cameron seem's to have a very narrow view on things and he shows himself for what he is, an upperclass toff who doesn't have any of our actual concerns on his mind, rather he thinks if he says the right words and appears to care then people will vote for him.

All of these guys IMO are the same, they all say they are different and offer "change", but I am not buying any of it.

Suffice to say, I will not be voting for any of the 3 main parties.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

well if it gets to the stage we ever have to use one the world will not be somewhere worth living in.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Exactly.

We could then actually call on other states we threaten not to pursue these weapons with a straight face.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
i think cameron just shot himself in the foot on this last question when saying its unfair that someone who never saved or had anything all their life dont have to sell their homes to pay for residential care for the elderly .... i woudl assume thats because THEY NEVER COUDL AFFORD TO BUY A HOUSE!

complete tory behaviour... looking down on the poor, and being jelouce that poor people get free help and the rich have to pay for it ...

says it all about tory really, but, thats what they have always been about!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Brown made a slip on the nukes thing.

I'm sure he said "if we can force..persuade countries not to develop nuclear weapons..."

Said alot, in very little time...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Very uninspiring bunch really, if i had to score it i think i'd go Clegg followed by Brown, Cameron left me feeling cold.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Brown made a slip on the nukes thing.

I'm sure he said "if we can force..persuade countries not to develop nuclear weapons..."

Said alot, in very little time...

A freudian slip that most definitely was!

Brown also insisted many many times that this year is vital for economic recovery, and removing the govt. stimulus that is propping up the economy would be disastrous. Is it admitting without realising that our "recovery" is actually a cover-up, as Gerald Celente says is happening in the US, and we've created a bailout bubble that is about to burst and collapse the economy again in the event of its removal... or when money runs out???

[edit on 15-4-2010 by john124]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join