It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK : The "Leaders" Debate - Tonight (20:00)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
As most people will probably know (in the uk) , tonight is the "leaders" debate on sky news...

I will be watching intently to see if im right about all partys being pretty much the same and not worth voting for!

i thought i would make this post so us brits could come and moan about it as this "debate" unfolds!

my thoughts before this, its going to be all about money / jobs and miss most things important completly!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
first thoughts on this... starting as stupid as it means to go on ..! instead of this debate sky gives us Volcano news..!

i thought sky would have been a bit more serious with this!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm in the USA and I wanted to watch the debate. Is there any internet links?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
not gonnna watch it. maybe see some hilarious out-takes/parodies on youtube later though.

it's just a circus. they realise that the majority of voters here in the UK don't understand the #e we are in. and host crap like this. with "big issues" like should we ban council tax. or raise NI contribs. shock horror.

bunch of clowns. dancing for votes.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Whats concering about this so called debate is that the audiences questions are pre-made, so the leaders know what will be asked. There are 70+ conditions to the questions that can be asked and the audience is not allowed to applaude any answers given.

This is not a debate, this is a set agenda of questions leaving no room for debate and democracy, i will be watching it to see what will occur, however, there is not 1 leader in the Uk that is worthy in my opinion so i will be voting for the party already in power as i see no point in changing the people that made our mess so that newbies can come in and make it worse with their 'brilliant', problem solving ideas...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Its probably going to be the same as question time,hand picked audience with hand picked questions,just this once i would be glad if they were hooked up to lie detectors and made to tell the truth,i expect it to be full of crap about kick starting the economy etc blah blah blah.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I'm in the USA and I wanted to watch the debate. Is there any internet links?

Do not know if this works in your country

news.sky.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
nearly quater past and they still havent started..

who really would vote for any of these 3 people when they cant even have a debate on time! lmao

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Just want to add that in the U.S. presidential debates and in the primaries, questions were given and CNN said "The questions have been hand picked from a group of questions that were submitted." So you can be that was staged like UK's elections are now. Or have they always been?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Isn't it at 10 o clock??

Well i'm watching sky news now and at 10 o clock a program called the Leaders debate is starting so i assume it's being shown then anyway lol

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Are the people standing up and asking too?

or is it read like:

"andy1033 from london, asks: what are we going to do about all the aliens invading british arispace, and chasing my cat?"

because if its people you could, change your question when it's your turn . wich i would do.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

It's on ITV at 8:30pm, is it not?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Yep it works. Thank you!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Ah yes it is, I've just checked.

Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i have no idea when its on now, sky had it labled at 2000 , and on the hour mentioned that "this was a special election debate show" but all they have done is speak about freeking ash!

edit.. it DOES look like its on ITV1

dam sky and their extremely misleading advertising, they have been litrely advertising this before it was even agreed to be happening!

[edit on 15-4-2010 by boaby_phet]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

tvguide.co.uk this is the website i use to see when something is on.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

tv guides are soooo 1980's dude, lol, EPG's are the way ahead! (and i dont watch much if any tv anyway)

EDIT: up next , at last!

they just said they will be taking questions from a live studio audience!

i just wonder actualy how live this will be! and how real the members of the public are!

[edit on 15-4-2010 by boaby_phet]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
Are the people standing up and asking too?

or is it read like:

"andy1033 from london, asks: what are we going to do about all the aliens invading british arispace, and chasing my cat?"

because if its people you could, change your question when it's your turn . wich i would do.

lol, i do not have a cat.

But if i was going to ask a question on live tv in front of them. I would ask them about a secret underground base, that is based in britain. The fact that no one in uk even knows they exist, lol.

Ask them is there any undergound bases in uk, and what are they for?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So guys how is it going?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join