It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Europe hit by volcanic ash

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

Please use full stops "." commas "," and breaks in your walls of text. It is very hard to decipher what you are trying to say. Please only click the reply or post button once.

Secondly your last posts you appear to be complaining about the fact this information wasn't made public 2 weeks ago. Well it was. The dangers and hazards are in the public domain always have been. Never been hidden. What did you expect authorities to do? The actual date of an eruption cannot be predicted in advance by very much certainly not 2 weeks.

There is also no way to tell when the eruption will stop either- authorities claiming flights will resume at specific times I feel is rather optimistic at best.

Don't forget this volcanoes big sister is likely going to spew shortly as well - (if history does indeed repeat itself) this episode will be nothing if that does indeed happen.

I hope it doesn't but unfortunately feel that it will.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

and i have kind the same feeling ..... this is soooo bad tnx 4 reminding me that does it omfg i still cant believe it .. i didnt sllep 2 days i never done that b4 to well gonna watch some news in couple minutes lets see if deadly dust is still safe then the wet towel aroun my head says no lol and so did evrybody else i heaRD ABOUT IT .. FINALLY BELIVE DUMS ARE REAL THEY NEW THIS WAS COMING REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE SAYING SOMTHING big WAS GOING 2 HAPPEN I THINK THIS IS IT AND IM AFRAID ITS ONL THE BEGIINING SRRY 4 THE BIG LETTERS m8

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

lay off whatever is keeping you up. please.
you will be better off if you get some sleep. Your body cannot handle an environmental crisis like this unless you give it some rest.

b safe. b well

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I was in Anchorage, Alaska when Mt. Redoubt blew about a year ago. There was a thin layer of ash throughout the city, depending on your location. We were advised to wear surgical masks if going outside, or a slightly wet bandanna across the mouth. Thankfully it wasn't that big of an issue. My great-great grandfather was near Mt. Katmai when it erupted in 1912. Those who escaped downriver told of the sky being pitch black and in many places there was over a foot of ash and even more ash closer to the volcano. Look up the 'Valley of Ten Thousands Smokes' if you really wanna see some ash. This was the largest volcanic eruption in recent history...ash traveled the world. Its quite an amazing story and I'll post a thread on the subject someday.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Values_Truth]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelfrede

I am starting this thread because the original thread (whose title only focuses on the effects for Norway) does not represent the true extent of disruption caused by the ash from the Icelandic volcano.

I also am starting this thread as a way to monitor european ATS members' input regarding this volcanic ash (e.g. whether they can see the ash cloud, impact on flights for their countries etc.)

The reality is this is effecting all of Europe.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

CZ - South Moravia: I don´t know if it was this, but the rain clouds here are "discharging" electricity (light in the clouds) into the atmosphere withou a thunder and a lightning bolt. I don´t know what it is, it wasn´t on a lighting radar and it was dense.

[edit on 12/08/09 by Durabys]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I remember when Mt. Saint Helens blew here in the Pacific Northwest; made quite the mess. The as causes damage to internal combustion engines. If it starts falling don't drive your car it will clog the air filter and damage the engine. Also you might want to consider wearing a surgical mask.

In any case good luck.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
In Finland yesterday we saw nice sun halo, maybe volcanic ash was reason:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ace508f16c1e.jpg[/atsimg]

Source: Kaleva

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I had to laugh about the claims this was a hoax. Id already seen it in mainstream media so I was myself pretty sure but it just seems to be the Hoax word gets pulled out all too often for people to quickly write off something they personally hadnt heard of or if it is just amazing they think its gotta be hoax before even looking deep into it.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Allready posted in a Fragile Earth thread but:

Volcanic dust sunset from De Bilt The Netherlands made by my brother:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6af9d8852895.jpg[/atsimg]

Link to full pano:

linky

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itsonlyme666
For those living in Belgium :

deus.irceline.be...

Usually the PM10 (fine dust particles) average is around 20 ug/m3 during the night, now it's up to 70

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Itsonlyme666]

I see that where I live it's 51/70

I must say now there are some white clouds with a little grey, don't know if it has anything to do with the ash.

Thank you for the link..

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
North East England is showing us beautiful sunshine this morning with a lovely clear day. No signs of any volcanic ash here yet but I noted one of the BBCs latest reports does expect the ash to fall ovet the UK so we'll just have to wait and see......

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Here in Holland (middle area of it), it fully clouded, not very thick but an even, grey layer. Strange thing is, the weather-monitor says it's not clouded at all, very weird. It's also quite cold (ofcourse, because of the clouds, but it's a strange contrast with yesterday).

Damn you Iceland!! GET ME MY SUMMER TAN!!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
There is a distinct smell of sulphur in the air here in the UK.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

this material from wat i now understand is invisble therefore dangerous BECAUSE u cant see it far as i know and i heard that the slow movin part is equally dangerous so 2 my understanding if this keeps going it will be VERY dangerous especially cuz the goverment seems 2 make people believe there is nothing 2 worrie about but iw we let them fool us into believing such a moronic statement ,we will simply all becuame very ill soon that is my gues they hope wqe will forget and keep inhalin invisble glas fibers also the chemtrail might be connented dont know how..yet..
but i think goverment will be hiding in these dumbs sooner than later .
It al makes perfect sense becaus if this is a super volcano the whole world will be seriously #ed and the oly way 2 escape is underground. I know the bilderbergers have been holding secret meetings 2 discuss thes hiding locations 4 the elite..or at least so i have been told .massive tsunamis and evrythin.sure make a movie about it so nobody belives it untill its 2 late .will somebody please tell me im just really paranoid or that i might have a point cuz this is #e dup

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
also go look 4 busta rhymes song into of extincion level event were already quite far i would say

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Central Scotland near Edinburgh we have a very light covering of fine ash / dust on cars this morning. No sulphur smell that I can make out.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Polish bad luck seems to continue...

Volcanic eruption in Iceland might delay Kaczynski's funeral

The funeral of the Polish president, who was killed in a plane crash last week, could be delayed as ash clouds from a volcanic eruption in Iceland might prevent other world leaders from coming to pay their last respects.

The funeral for late Polish President Lech Kaczynski and his wife Maria is scheduled for Sunday.

"If there are no opportunities for the foreign guests to arrive and for us to transport the president and the first lady's bodies to Krakow, it might affect the scheduled ceremonies," Deputy Chief of the Chancellery of the President of Poland Jacek Sasin said.

en.rian.ru...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Nothing to note on the Coast (SE UK) am in a patch of sun light surrounded by a cloud covered horse shoe that is the Southdowns

I love it when this happens (quite often) surrounded on 3 sides (N/W/E) with deep cloud banks, while the sun is shinning off the sea

Had the same effect last night, being surrounded on all 3 sides with the sky above the downs was streaked pink and purple
was really pretty..

I tried to capture the effect with a panoramic shot on my camera but it turned out really pants
Maybe I'll get a second chance tonight

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
If nearby Katla blows at least we'll all be able to pronounce it.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

Also, here is a webcam of the volcano .. strangely captivating.
(takes ages to load)

eldgos.mila.is...

[edit on 16-4-2010 by ppk55]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
yea, here in finland. All planes are grounded. I hope it won't last for long.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join