It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Europe hit by volcanic ash

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosby
reply to post by SalkinVictory

West coast of Norway here, I cannot see the ash (it is unusually dark outside) but I can smell the sulphur in the air, not really pleasant smell.

Wierd! When I was out, I couldn't smell, nor see anything.

But remember, as far as the pictures provided in this thread, the ash hits you first, and Copenhagen after. Maybe I'll be witnessing the same tomorrow! Hope not.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itsonlyme666

Lots of us EU guys here on ATS, but it's not always obvious

Haha yeah, you are right!

Second line.

Oh heck, why don't I just make a third line too!

link   
What I would like to know is will this Ash have any effect on humans if it does reach our noses?

I think that's a best question right now!

I don't know much about volcanic ash, so please if anyone does, let us know!

link   
Did you noticed that in Sunday there would be funeral ceremony of Lech Kaczynski in Krakow where heads of many countries including Obama and Miedviediev are gone be in this day? The cloud of volcanic ashes is going directly to this place.

Mother Earth is conspiring against human kind. There would be huge problem for all this presidents and prime ministers to land in Krakow in this day especially that no one want to land by plan in such conditions after this tragedy. Such strange frequency of bad coincidences.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nuffsaid747

What?

You're just shamelessly plugging your own thread.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nuffsaid747

Also I read your thread and it made no sense whatsoever.

[edit on 15/4/10 by Kram09]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Volcanic ash, as well as being very abrasive, it will turn to cement in your lungs, scratch your eye lenses, clog up your skin pores, will make your food taste terrible if the ash gets on it, and ruin your stomach, is that bad enough for you? I am really glad I have a good stock of food and don't have to go outside.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

ye, i just read that post too ... number dude, whatever yer name is, your completly freekin deluded.. sorry!

that was soooooo off topic! ive been warned here for way less!

this topic is about volcanic ash and its effects, not your insane numerology concepts and the faux NWO!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
Volcanic ash, as well as being very abrasive, it will turn to cement in your lungs, scratch your eye lenses, clog up your skin pores, will make your food taste terrible if the ash gets on it, and ruin your stomach, is that bad enough for you? I am really glad I have a good stock of food and don't have to go outside.

Thank you for that. But I'm guessing this is only possible with a large amount of volcanic ash and not just tiny amounts since it has traveled so far and hasn't made it to transfer All the ash!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DDAY228

HAHA good call pal !

Just wads out with my binos here and its a beautiful night !

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Like Shauny I live near Edinburgh airport, and can say that I havn't noticed any ash cloud or anything at all.

I find it difficult to believe that planes could not fly in the current conditions.

Even if there is ash at 33,000 ft then fly a bit lower.

To shut down all air travel seems ott to me.

Would be different if it was raining ash, then yes I could see the problem.

It's all very well govrnment official shutting everything down. He still gets paid as do the air traffic controllers. But what about all the little guys who rely on air passengers for thier living. Taxi drivers, shop keepers, cafes, car parkes, etc etc

They just have to do without.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Well as we do get sand from the Sahara thrown up this far (should know we I had a car covered by the stuff in the '80s)

and oh Im an Asthmatic - I think I might notice the effects on the human body

Still given im 42 on Wednesday and my eyes and lungs seem to work ok so far -

Its so far up in the atmosphere I seriously think to say it will effect heath is something of a real reach and scaremongering at best

so ill thank you not to postulate unless you are party to the atmospheric data reported to us by the station 400 yards from my house - which incidently has been in the green ALL day and so far tonight.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

For info about the effects of these ash clouds on the population , you can always "startpage" with the search "volcanic ash lungs"

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

Where are you located?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by darkdispatch523

Really? Do you have to?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hello

My name is Bjarni and i live in Iceland. Its very sad, that many people here dont understand the risk around Eyjafjallajökli and Katla.

Now the Eyjafjalljökull is awake, then the Katla is going to wake up also, like she always do. Then people should really be scared.

Im going to post here videos, and photos from Iceland, and show affect from this "innocent" dust.

This news is about, what the Ash is doing here, and it makes day black and what it is dangerous not to breath it straight, and also think about the poor animals who are here in suðurland.
dagskra.ruv.is...

Here is video a flood here in iceland later today, and what it does, and later in the video you can see radar sight from 3 big holes in the mountain and looks like a skeleton
http.ruv.straumar.is...

pictures
img.visir.is...

www.malefnin.com...

This eruption is not big, and when katla starts, i dont want to be around it :/

Here is old picture year 1918 when Katla woke up for short time
visindavefur.hi.is...

And if people like story, there is one thing that Theodism people here did early this year.

There is been lot of economic problems, and people here in Iceland are very angry at Uk, to put terrorist law and collapse everything here.

So people who belive in Heathenry, had a night where they asked they wights in iceland, who are on picture below, to attack the Britain and Netherlands, and show the true power of Iceland and people who live here.

blog.eyjan.is...

Sorry about my english

dagskra.ruv.is...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itsonlyme666

For info about the effects of these ash clouds on the population , you can always "startpage" with the search "volcanic ash lungs"

Thank you, I found this: www.hc-sc.gc.ca...

I just thought that people could come with their knowledge on it if they had any to share! (:

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join