It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Europe hit by volcanic ash

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ok so guys can anyone help me with this, I have been doing an small research BUT I can't find anything that shows that his prediction are not accurate. I would like to really look further into this predictions
www.alamongordo.com...
Does anyone of you believe that this is the sign of the Armageddon as
Edgar Cayce predicted. Or it just a coincidence? thanks for your help S & F for you friend.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

You were saying that this is all a hoax--the grounding of planes because of ash, as has been reported by news agencies. Now you are using the same media that you don't trust to try to prove a point? Pick a side.

Not trying to be rude, just saying its kinda faulty logic in a way.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Can somebody from northern europe post pictures of the ash, please ? thanks.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Jay Electronica]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

After lying dormant for more than two centuries the Eyjafjallajoekull volcano in Iceland has now erupted twice in a month, bringing chaos to northern Europe and destruction to its surroundings. Last night's eruption under a glacier, which spewed massive clouds of ash miles into the sky, was 10 to 20 times more powerful than the one last month, scientists said. But disruption could last for weeks because the volcano's last eruption lasted two years from 1821 to 1823. Today's caused local rivers to rise by up to 10 feet as the ferocious heat melted the glacier, turning it to water which gushed down the mountain. Iceland's main coastal ring road was closed near the volcano, and workers smashed three holes in the highway to give the rushing water a clear route to the coast and prevent bridges from being swept away. Emergency workers rescued scores of tourists from around the glacier as it spewed smoke and steam. Forecasters said Londoners will have an astonishing sunset tonight due to the Icelandic eruption. The Met Office said a vivid “volcanic lavender” sunset was likely. Eruptions create what experts call a “volcanic aerosol” — a colourful mixture of ash and sulphur compounds — in the stratosphere.

This scatters an invisible blue glow which, when mixed with the red light of the setting sun, produces a vivid crimson and violet hue. The eruption could affect the UK until early next week, and cause changes to temperatures across Europe. “The problem is that we have an area of high pressure, which is pushing the cloud from Iceland directly over Britain,” said Brendan Jones of MeteoGroup. “That will not change until early next week, so as long as the volcano keeps erupting, we will have the ash cloud.” At 11am, the ash cloud was at around 20,000 feet and Mr Jones confirmed Britain was unlikely to see much of it because the ash is so diluted. The most noticeable effect is likely to be at sunrise and sunset, when the particles are illuminated. “The sky isn't going to go dark, and its unlikely we will see any deposits at all on the ground.” However, Mr Jones said previous eruptions have caused major problems. “If you look back in history there have been some periods where the weather has been changed by big volcanic eruptions like Mount Tambora and Mount St Helens.” In 1815 a huge eruption by Mount Tambora on the Indonesian island of Sumbawa spewed out massive amounts of sulphur dioxide which combined with water vapour to form a sulphuric acid mist that reflected sunlight away from the earth. That caused such a drop in temperatures that 1816 became known as “the year with no summer”.

Flights could be grounded for a lot longer than 48 hours if history repeats itself. As long as the volcano erupts there will be no air traffic in or out of northern Europe.

I wonder what this disruption will do to the economies?

It seems like every time one turns around this year, a new disaster with subtle long-term consequences has emerged. I hope things quiet down, but that seems a forlorn hope at best.

This is going to be a difficult year.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Just been outside for a look and the smell of sulphur is really pretty strong here (N.E Aberdeenshire)!
No ash fall yet,but i will keep a look out!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

There is no side to pick, no ash, no danger to our health.
If there was ash, there would be danger, indeed.
And Iceland lies thousands of miles away from the rest of Europe so it should be one hell of an eruption to cause trouble of that kind.

Does anyone have a list with volcano's and the megatons of debris they spew?
And how much did this guy spit so far?
Would be nice to know.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Regenstorm]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
In Belgium the MSM is saying that the ash cloud is not dangerous for the population.
teletekst.een.be.../0&g=1&s=0&r=0&x=1
It's in Dutch.. roughly translated :
"The ash cloud is made of very fine particles of exploded rocks and volcanic glass. Says Sintubin. For humans it's not dangerous at all because it's so fine and diluted, that you can't even see that the dust is in the air."

This is MSM, so I guess the opposite will be true and face masks are in order for a day or so.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Itsonlyme666

Yeah right, and Santa really lives at the North Pole!
This story is really complete Male Cow Manure!!!

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Regenstorm]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I tought this would be main news here on ATS....

Anyone care to start a eurpean based ats like site?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
hi all!

i noticed a slight smell of burning / sulphur for the last few days, i only just started thinking it might actualy be the ash a few hours ago!

due to all aircraft being grounded, and moon light conditions, its probably accidently made tonight THE best night ever for sattelite / meteorite spotting!

i just took the dogs to the field, about 15 mins, seen 8 different satt's!, 2 of them flared and a meteorite too!

litrely, anything moving in the sky tonight is an asteriod or airplane!, and if its not flying in a strait (ish) line, then you got a bona fide ufo!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Volcanic ash to reach ground level across UK

Some more information here about health concerns too.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

"... In 1815 a huge eruption by Mount Tambora on the Indonesian island of Sumbawa spewed out massive amounts of sulphur dioxide which combined with water vapour to form a sulphuric acid mist that reflected sunlight away from the earth...."

As in "acid rain" or "acidification" of the oceans? Wondering how much of this has been taken into account in the global warming scenario...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Volcanic ash to reach ground level across UK

Some more information here about health concerns too.

Nice photoshop that picture provided by the BBC!
Here are some realtime images, nothing can be seen:
www.sat24.nl...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I live in Belgium and airtraffic has stalled here aswel.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Yep, that's MSM down here...
So they are saying "As long as you're not able to see it, it's no health concern"

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm in Northern England. Just been to the supermarket where one guy got a buzz on his mobile where he was told there's been a warning that ash may well fall. He was most disgruntled because he apparently has a new car. Scary stuff. That ash is like abrasive talc - not good in machinery and certainly not great to breathe.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

Actually, it might act like fertilizer when it hits the ground, but I think you're right about the acid rain.

Anyway, here's more on the flight disruptions:

A spokesman for the UK's National Air Traffic Service (Nats) said its airspace restriction was the worst in living memory, and that it was "very unlikely that the situation over England will improve in the foreseeable future".

The restrictions silenced Heathrow airport, the world's second busiest, and stranded tens of thousands of passengers around the world. Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium and the Netherlands all later shut down their airspace entirely, while there was also major disruption in Finland, France, Germany and Spain.

Tim Farish, who had been planning to fly from Oslo to London on business, told the BBC he had been told by the airline SAS to stay at home and not bother calling for updates.

news.bbc.co.uk...

And why they can't fly:

In 1982, British Airways and Singapore Airways jumbo jets lost all their engines when they flew into an ash cloud over Indonesia. Reports said that the ash sandblasted the windscreen and clogged the engines, which only restarted when enough of the molten ash solidified and broke off.

A KLM flight had a similar experience in 1989 over Alaska.

Stewart John, a fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering and former president of the Royal Aeronautical Society, explained that the ash can cause severe damage.

"This dust really is nasty stuff," he told BBC News. "It's extremely fine and if it gets into a jet engine, it blocks up all of the ventilation holes that bleed in cooling air.

"Jet engines operate at about 2,000C, and the metals can't take that. The engine will just shut down."

In the case of the 1982 British Airways flight, Mr John explained, when the plane emerged from the cloud, the pilot repeatedly tried and failed to restart the engines.

"They were going down and down, and had just about accepted that they would have to ditch.

"But, at the last minute, one engine started. By repeatedly turning the engine over and having a clean airflow going through, he managed to blow the ash out."

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You're from NL
teletekst.nos.nl...
pagina 108

Same MSM bull****

Gr BE

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hi ATS lovers, here a link to some nice pics in The Netherlands showing sunset with ashclouds.
nos.nl...
Have fun.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by DatdanWeerWel]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DatdanWeerWel

Ive seen it 2.. here in BE but took no pics...
cool huh

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join