It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Europe hit by volcanic ash

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wootwoot

rant over!!

Thats not a rant, i agree. It would be far too costly to speculate on very long flight delays and TPTB (maybe even more so during the elections) have to give the impression that they are in some sort of semblence of control.

IMO i think they will use this opportunity to 'test the water' for public response, whilst they wait to see if the situation will worsen and Katla will erupt too.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Qantas is saying flights wil be cancelled for at least another week.

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Never seen so clear blue sky above The Netherlands, with no airplanes

Reading the news i think this will go on for a while........

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Here in Oxfordshire UK the sky is very blue, but you can definately see an almost dirty tint to the sky, we have had a very small amount of ash fall too. wonder how long this is going to last?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

well, i'm not jumping to conclusions, just feels weird. This grounding operation is massive. Even weirder that even gliders ar prohibited to fly. Makes me wonder if this eruption is being used to do an emergency exercise of some kind.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Great, blue skies with no trails to block the sunshie for once and its really quiet like life was back in last 100 years or so. A unique time to experience the quiet skies and nature as it always was.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

12:01 Iceland scientists say volcanic eruption strengthening (Israel Radio)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I live in yorkshire...lovely blue sky at the moment. I,ve just seen a small 2 seater plane go over...it must be great knowing you have all the sky to yourself.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I'm not sure how to put a photo on here but this link shows the ash cloud on the front page of the Daily Mirror next to the frightening Denver airport face

i40.tinypic.com...

Pretty spooky that they look so alike

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Waiting for my airline to get intouch with me regarding

Manchester to Bodrum TRK412 Scheduled for 20:00
Apparently could be upto 12 hours after..... Chances of airports reopening???

Must say though... Why on Earth would NATS trust the bloody met office ROFLMFAO.... It was meant to be gale forced winds and snow this weekend!!!

10p a minute to ring them 25th in the cue for 30 mins....

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Strange to hear everyone speaking about a clear blue sky. But i have to admit and confirm that here over Belgium the same stuff is happening, a beautiful clear blue sky... Somehow it feels like the calmly silent before the storm

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya00a
I'm not sure how to put a photo on here but this link shows the ash cloud on the front page of the Daily Mirror next to the frightening Denver airport face
i40.tinypic.com...

Maya00a.....

Here you go.....

I re-sized it & posted it for you.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1eb5554b37ab.jpg[/atsimg]

They do look alike!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Uh oh... interesting article...

Volcanoes, be afraid, be very afraid...

A must read... our troubles ain't over.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by Aelfrede

I understand your point, but let's be honest if this event was happening in the USA then it would be frontpage ATS, but because it's Iceland and by extension the rest of Europe, nobody cares. Well by "nobody" I mean Americans.

I'm not American by the way.

It's hardly surprising on American Top Secret. I've stopped starting threads myself because of this problem. If it's not America, then the bulk of the membership of this site couldn't really give a monkey's.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
the same banks etc that triumph health and safety will make off falling stocks and hedgefunds. the air is clear have driven from france yesterday to uk today, clear south east uk now 12.45pm. also sat data shows the clound being x miles across, most flights would be fine. what happens as uk imports all food from abroad most on flights etc aswell cargo. food shortage possible.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by Maya00a
i40.tinypic.com...

Maya00a.....

Here you go.....

I re-sized it & posted it for you.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1eb5554b37ab.jpg[/atsimg]

They do look alike!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Thank You!

I just found it rather spooky how alike they look and both are linked to air traffic. One is affecting air travel and the other is at an airport.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
wonder how long this is going to last?

Probably till next weekend - winds will be bringing the ash more directly towards Britain next week.

Originally posted by IanC99000310
Waiting for my airline to get intouch with me regarding

Manchester to Bodrum TRK412 Scheduled for 20:00
Apparently could be upto 12 hours after..... Chances of airports reopening???

Can't see that happening.

Must say though... Why on Earth would NATS trust the bloody met office ROFLMFAO.... It was meant to be gale forced winds and snow this weekend!!!

It will be gale force winds and snow this weekend. But only where gale force winds and snow were forecast: over higher hills in the Scottish Highlands

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hey guys,

I live in the south-east of England, woke up at about 9.30 this morning and there was a thick foggy haze as far as the eye could see. I've also woken up with a very dry and scratchy throat. I also woke myself up snoring VERY loudly which is a first for me! My 6 month old baby doesn't seem snuffly though.

Got a few texts from people asking if it was the volcanic ash we were seeing so I know I wasn't imagining things. It went after half hour though and it's flawless clear blue skies again

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
This might be a little off topic.. But I really enjoy having a blue sky! who needs airplanes when we have antigrav craft kept secret.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
A recent news:" Iceland volcano activity increases"
Source: www.google.com...

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join