It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Europe hit by volcanic ash

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hi

Im from East Yorkshire, England,
according to the map in The Daily Mirror today the dust cloud should be right over the top of us, but there is nothing here but blue sky and to be honest proberbly the warmest day of the year so far here, and its so peacfull with no aircraft flying over, evan our police helicopter is grounded today

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by heimir

This will sound odd but didn't the local spirits, "elves/trolls", say they would help Iceland against Europe?

I swear someone from Iceland on ATS said this when Europe began to threaten Iceland after its economy collapsed.

Kind of spooky.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
very interesting thread.......
it led me to take some pics on my way to work,
a 3.2 megapixel tocco lite,
the 1st set taken on weds 14/04/10.
and then some more on fri 16/04/10.
both between 7.40 and 8.00 am.
the air traffic was quite heavy in the 1st set (maybe 10 con/chemtrails), and none existent in the second. i dont have access to picture hosting, etc and i have't uploaded the images from my phone yet, if anyone's interested just say so.
thanks,

vince.

both sets of pics were taken between gunthorpe bridge and A46 junction to bingham, nottingham, uk out of my van window, i must say i was rather astonished.

[edit on 16/4/10 by vince_convinced] to change date and add location

[edit on 16/4/10 by vince_convinced]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
*This post is very off-topic, but due to not having enough posts to make a new thread I will post this here. Hopefully someone other will make a thread on it if deemed important enough.*

www.vgtv.no...

This is a clip from one of Norways main newssites. I could not find a thread on it. It happened in Northern Cali according to the comment, no lives lost, but they have no clue what caused it.

Can anyone from Cali confirm if this a recent happening?
Not that its necessarily something to escalate, but I found it kind of ironic, with the volcanic and seismic activity these days.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by khataton]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'd like to add something as a UK citizen....

Today was forecast to be dull cloudy and temp's to plummet. heck! we supposed to get snow o Sunday!
No planes in the air today or yesterday to spill out air pollution and guess what?

its clear blue skies and rly rly hot!!!!

who want's a total ban on planes!!!!!! Me :-) so I can sit in the garden in the sun!!!!

honestly it is weird. I wonder how much aircraft pollution affects the weather....

Something to think about.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
DOH! Double post!

"I didn't do it"

[edit on 16-4-2010 by TrentReznor]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The weather here in Wales was beautiful today, not a single plane to be seen, no chemtrails or anything and the sky is usually full of them.

We live on the side of small mountain,

( the first mountains that mark the border between england and Wales)

And we get air traffic every day, large modified cargo jets carrying wings for the Airbus aircraft factory that sits on the plain below us.....its been so nice not to have those little intrusions.

once again we are a island...and its actually very nice.

Oh and people about the dust, dont expect ash to fall like snow...it just wont happen...its far to high up....if it was going to fall like snow, you would see it in the sky...which is perfectly clear.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The ash cloud is already supposed to enter our country (Romania) tonight. So I guess the worst of the plume has passed for UK. I don`t know, I`ve just heard it on the news here.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The residue I found on my car COULD be volcanic ash, but it also could be sand from the Sahara or sand from the cornfields nearby because the farmers are plowing it at the moment and there is some drought.
Sahara sand is very common in Northern Europe. Sometimes it comes down with the rain and you have yellow spots on your car.
I still think this is just spreading unnecessary fear.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm living in Southern Sweden, in Scania, and we haven't yet seen any ash down here. I'm not sure we will either, but who knows? At the very least, the media and newspapers were making a big fuss about it, so I'm figuring we're going to see some of it soon.

Other than that, in central Sweden it seems the story is the same as everywhere else - closed down airlines. Should be over after the weekend at the latest, though, or so they promised.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by David_Reale]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Was supposed to pick up my girlfriend from Düsseldorf airport tomorrow, but now it turns out that I'm gonna have another weekend to have fun with the lads...

It is not all that bad

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Limburger?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Brittany, France here:
- I live 5 miles from Lann Bihoue's aero-naval military base, and the civil airport next door. No plane at all to be heard today, neither civil planes nor military planes. Usually you can hear fighters, hawk-eyes and whatever landing and taking off all day long.
- No smell or visible ash.
- the only plane I heard was a small, privately-owned Cessna-type craft belonging to a neighbour. (he takes off from his own field and I suppose he flies too low to care about the dust)

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Breizhoo]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

about our little discussion yesterday,

your absolutely right. flatout blue skies here in the east. i could even see some stars in the early stages of dusk. No ash, no clouds! starting to get some questionmarks brewing in my mind.

regards landgenoot,

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Quite interested in this as I found the initial advice that the plume would be invisible to ground observation rather suspicious and started to think that in light of other recent events and contexts (especially round potential terror or WMD risks and M.E/China/Russia/USA/Euro frictions) that this may be a controlled emptying of skies to attempt to prevent or prepare for something...

I mean, alter the meteorological satellite data feeds and who's going to query it? (Is that possible, I suspect it is if you own a super computer and launched the satellites in the first place)? Would be a possible way to prevent panic/admit intelligence?

Anyway, today, in UK (Mids) I observed what I think was a brownish tinged haze, quite thick and noticeable when looking North East and East, at various times, especially dawn and late afternooon. It appeared thicker looking towards the horizon, and above it appearing to reach up to normal aviation altitudes, then thinned as you looked on towards the vertical, which were normal blue skies with very little cloud. In my opinion this was not a normal haze, it had an unusual tone/colour/density; I've seen normal city pollution hazes, and the kind you see when pollen is high plenty of times, this seemed darker, thicker.

Also, my wife exhibited unusual signs of sneezing/runny nose, which matches the warnings for ash agitation.

So probably not a false story?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ThraexX

You know what proves this is a hoax. Common sense!

ALL PLANES ARE GROUNDED!!!

Even Gliders WITHOUT ENIGNES, Cessna's and other propeller driven planes are not allowed to fly!
A Cessna engine is just like any other combustion engine equipped with an AIR FILTER!
150cessna.tripod.com...
It really doesn't make sense to ground them and proves in my opinion this Ash story is pure male cow manure!!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well, there were two Jets that passed overhead here today, heading West. Where they came from I don't know. But It is incredible how clear a day it has been, cloudless start to end..coincidence, I don't think. Come to think of it, so far this year, we haven't had that oily, very low tropospheric cloud that we had here almost every day last year, maybe the cloud seeders have gone away to somewhere else!

[edit on 16-4-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrOrange82

Limburger?

Det hebse good gezeen!

(Yes I am)

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I dont see how you can hoax a volcano,Thats a big job to pull off.The ash will still damage aircraft even light aircraft ,it gets in everywhere ,hinges ,bearings ,propellors,windscreens ,air vents etc .It would be like taking your plane to a sandblasting shop for a wash.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
reply to post by ThraexX

You know what proves this is a hoax. Common sense!

ALL PLANES ARE GROUNDED!!!

Even Gliders WITHOUT ENIGNES, Cessna's and other propeller driven planes are not allowed to fly!
A Cessna engine is just like any other combustion engine equipped with an AIR FILTER!
150cessna.tripod.com...
It really doesn't make sense to ground them and proves in my opinion this Ash story is pure male cow manure!!

No,
the ash is there alright, I had a very fine coating on my car, which I didn't expect. But I'm surprised about the groundings. Today I've seen two Jets, helicopters, a couple of rubberband jobs, and a microlite plane. Yesterday I saw a low flying two Rubberband job, which I presumed was an air ambulance.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join