It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Says Iran Still Three to Five Years From Usable Nuclear Weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Obama Administration Says Iran Still Three to Five Years From Usable Nuclear Weapon

defensetech.org

A revealing exchange at today’s Senate Armed Services Committee hearing on Iran’s nuclear program that featured some of the Obama administration’s defense policy heavy hitters. Things got interesting when director of military intelligence, Army Lt. Gen. Ronald Burgess, said Iran could produce enough highly enriched uranium for a nuclear bomb in one year.

This led a number of SASC committee members to assume that Iran could have a nuclear bomb in one year, which is not the case.....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The Senate Armed Services Committee hearing on Iran’s nuclear program Being referenced took place yesterday (April 14th) but since I saw no mention of it, I thought it might be worth a look.

Frankly, I hate the use of the term "Obama's" administration in the title, as if he were the master puppeteer in all this. Nevertheless, I have been witness to the increasing 'spin' being pumped out by some to the effect that Iran is a stone's throw away from 'making a nuclear weapon.'

A short but interesting piece, which many politicians will either forget, or not pay attention to, regarding Iran's true capabilities.

Of course, that is not to say that it could be completely off-point if we accept the possibility of blackmarket weapon transactions and 'missing' nuclear weapons rumored to be somewhere out there....

defensetech.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Boy, the conclusions reached there really pissed McCain off! I can see him hopping up and down in his little chair, steam coming out of his little ears, screeching "But Moooommmm!!!! You said I could bomb Iran this weekend!!! No fair..."

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
All this means is that usa cannot get to the stuff at the mo.

Thats all it really means, and the iranian leader has plenty of time to make the anglo american empire out to be the monster, i would ignore israel thing if i was him.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
well this sure contradicts earlier statements that Iran
was so close to the bomb.

Plus the fact that Pres INeedAJob said that we
have mastered Nuclear theory.

I think Obama's bluff has been called
and he's trying to sidestep the issue.

Now, what we need to look at is

What the heck is Israel gonna do??
cuz Israel's stance hasn't changed
on Iran's capabilities.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It's true, I don't think the 'facts' as recorded will be met with any great enthusiasm by those looking for the nuclear bogeyman to excuse their plans. But you know how it is with these 'national and international political player's club' types they will find a way to make whatever they want to do seem like the most desirable course of action..... it's their M.O.

Too bad we can't get THEM to pay for it.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
There really is no reason for this statement to be released. if they are 3-5 years away, we could hide that away while we continue to rattle our sabres. This gives us a longer period to prepare an air campaign.

If this is not true, it could be a piece of disinformation, to cause the Iranians to relax a bit, so we can better catch them with their pants down.

With no benificial reason for this statement to be given, I would give five
ne that this is simple mis-information. The necessity of the dis-information need is what concerns me. why make this statenment, and why make it now?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

That's interesting. Considering that this is witness testimony to the Senate; any such disinformation given, particularly by military and federal officers, could be considered treason and is an actionable offense against the nation... (assuming the political machine was actually willing to pursue such actions)...

Figure the odds on that one.

top topics

join